Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The report on Gray trying to injure himself

Apparently, this guy wasn't really expected to be found guilty by anyone. Not one of the main dudes involved.

they charged six officers, if i recall correctly.

Not sure who was charged with what, but I wonder if they'll try them all separately, and the guys who threw him in the van will claim they had no idea the ride would be so rough (and find a way to dodge the evidence Baltimore PD did this sort of thing regularly as a littlr extra-judicial punishment), and the guy driving will claim he had no idea Gray wasnt restrained, so it's not his fault... and they'll all say it was just bad luck, not remotely forseeable, and not negligent homicide or worse, and walk.

they charged six officers, if i recall correctly.

Not sure who was charged with what, but I wonder if they'll try them all separately, and the guys who threw him in the van will claim they had no idea the ride would be so rough (and find a way to dodge the evidence Baltimore PD did this sort of thing regularly as a littlr extra-judicial punishment), and the guy driving will claim he had no idea Gray wasnt restrained, so it's not his fault... and they'll all say it was just bad luck, not remotely forseeable, and not negligent homicide or worse, and walk.

This case is just one of the 6.
Sounds like this guy picked up Gray's legs and put them in the van.

Last edited:
Wikipedia is fairly detailed about this incident

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Freddie_Gray#Charges_and_indictments

The officers who caught Gray after he fled, and, after apprehending him, handcuffed Gray with his arms behind his back.[22] Miller was charged with two counts of second degree assault; two counts of misconduct in office; and false imprisonment. Nero was charged with two counts of second degree assault; misconduct in office and false imprisonment.[62][79] Each posted a US$250,000 bail.[23] The false imprisonment charges were dropped by the grand jury, but an indictment of reckless endangerment was added.[12] Judge Barry Williams found Officer Nero not guilty of all charges on May 23, 2016.[80] Officer Miller's trial date is set for July 27, 2016.[78]

Trial Dates
- Officer Edward M. Nero (Apprehended Gray) - May 23, 2016 (Not guilty on all charges)
- Officer Caesar R. Goodson Jr. (Van driver) - June 6, 2016
- Lt. Brian W. Rice (Bicycle Patrol, spotted Gray) - July 5, 2016
- Officer Garrett E. Miller (Apprehended Gray) - July 27, 2016
- Officer William G. Porter (Accused of not calling for medical assistance) - December 16, 2015 (Mistrial - hung jury), Retrial September 6, 2016
- Sgt. Alicia D. White (Accused of not calling for medical assistance) - October 13, 2016

Okay, you officially replace Red as the Crown Prince of Arguing Semantics on this board.

What do you mean, "automatically give you an advantage?"

No, of course, you still have to apply for a job... they don't just hand you anything for being white.

it's just that you're statistically more likely to get the job than any African American applicants based on race alone.

and you're less likely to be the victim of police harassment and violence. and if you do get arrested and charged with a crime, you're more likely to be sentenced to prison. and good luck rehabilitating your life after going through that...

and your parents and grandparents were more likely to have access to a gov't back home loan, ensuring that you grew up in a safe neighborhood, with decent schools.

So yes, when you take away all that context, you're correct: there's no advantage to being white....

goddamn... this is a pretty good post if i do say so myself, even with the typos.

goddamn... this is a pretty good post if i do say so myself, even with the typos.

yeah, I reread that one too and it made me laugh again just as hard. Despite it not being new, the sheer lack of awareness, denial of facts and data are still pretty funny despite the sad commentary it makes about leftist race baiters.

He's not racist, he's just always on the side of the cops who kill the unarmed black guy, that doesn't make you a racist.

ha.

That was another good exchange.

whenever i see some ridiculous argument on Fox News or from some right-wing asshole on twitter, i think to myself "no, thats so ridiculous not even spartanhack would try to argue that." then i open up this board and see him trying to argue that. never fails.

He's not racist, he's just always on the side of the cops who kill the unarmed black guy, that doesn't make you a racist.

thats simply not true. I was the first person here to post about the South Carolina cop that shot the guy in the back and tried to plant the taser near his dead body. the difference is I'm not dumb enough to buy into bullshit narratives that cops are wanton racists murdering minorities every chance they get. sadly, not only are you and turd dumb enough to be hoodwinked by that bullshit, but you stupidly cling to it when facts and data disprove your stupidity nearly every time.

Also, it should be pointed out (since you obviously have no concern for the facts when race baiting) 3 of the 6 officers charged (that's half) are black. But why would facts matter to a race baiter?

you cling to myths like there is systemic racism in policing and the judicial system when it's been proved to be false. the difference in arrest and conviction rates are 100% explained by the difference in crime rates and the sentencing disparity is 100% due to prior criminal records. neither has anything to do with race. so go ahead, keep your head in the sand and waste time, money and resources in problems that don't exist. and go ahead and continue to accuse people who aren't as dumb as you of being racist every time they disagree - even when they prove you to be completely wrong. no sweat off my back.

edit:. and here's another michturd myth exploded - while it is undeniable that there was racial discrimination in lending decades ago, data shows it is no longer the case. But more importantly, this discrimination likely had nothing to do with the wealth gap in America. virtually every long term economic study of real estate shows that you are better off economically renting a home vs owning it. Of course this doesn't excuse thediscrimination in mortgage lending that used to but no longer exists but it does disprove the claim that it drove or contributed to the wealth gap.

Last edited:
What was it Chris Rock said about being black in America ...?

Something like, "you don't want to be black ...you don't want to be me and I'm RICH!!"

the idea that there is systemic or institutionalized racism in America and that racism is the biggest problem faced by the black community in America, which is easily the single best country in the world for minorities of any race, is just nonsense. the claims, despite the protestations from preeminent sociologists like Chris Rock, just don't hold up to any real scrutiny. does racism exist? of course. it always has and it probably always will to some degree. is it the major impediment to people lifting themselves out of poverty that race baiting libtards say it is? not even close.

Last edited:
Back