Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Injuries.

Unreal. Our 2 best DBs out for year. Our best LB out for year. Both tackles currently out. Backup LT out for year. Kings out. Insane.

Need myers back, how many games should someone miss for s dui?

Unreal. Our 2 best DBs out for year. Our best LB out for year. Both tackles currently out. Backup LT out for year. Kings out. Insane.

Is MSU the most "injured program in history" in both sports. I know there are injuries on all teams but it seams we NEVER have a healthy squad in either sport. I thought Izzos practices were causing stress fractures

Last edited:
No way. You guys have been crazy healthy in football during this run. Basketball has some injuries.

No way. You guys have been crazy healthy in football during this run. Basketball has some injuries.

Both sports, but no excuses Dubs. If we lose in 2 weeks I wont blame injuries.

Last edited:
It's hard to compete if you're playing 3rd stringers in the secondary and offensive line. The positions we've suffered injuries at are the ones we have the least depth.

Definitely have been fortunate with injuries. I think 2 years ago we had a LB miss the season, and some O line and D line miss several games, but mostly were clean. Last year, Kruse missed more than half the season, some D front 7 guys on defense missed a game here or there, nbut we were mostly clean.

Williamson is the biggest loss yet, he was having a great year and his replacements are a big step down. This is pretty crazy, but we still have a lot of talent, just going to have to step up.

No excuses, hearing that Conklin should be back for the Michigan game, but probably not this weekend.

And besides the guys who are out, we are playing several guys who are banged up in Calhoun, Thomas, McDowell, Heath, Bullough, Brian Allen, and a few others. And we have several would be 2nd stringers who are also MIA. Just a crazy string of bad luck, but you have to have some good luck to win titles and we've had that recently. This team won't blink and we'll have a good season. Plus, I feel better about the team next year than ever, should be loaded all over the field again save for finding a QB.

Last edited:
Spartans, you guys have been healthy in football for a LONG time now. I can't remember any impactful injuries your team has suffered while you have been on this run. Hell, it's a big part of why you guys have maintained such great success in football.

I never ever want to see anyone get hurt but this year feels like the injury playing field leveling out after being healthy for the past few years.

Spartans, you guys have been healthy in football for a LONG time now. I can't remember any impactful injuries your team has suffered while you have been on this run. Hell, it's a big part of why you guys have maintained such great success in football.

I never ever want to see anyone get hurt but this year feels like the injury playing field leveling out after being healthy for the past few years.
I understand we've been fortunate for two years but I don't think msu fans are going to shrug our shoulders and say oh well, it's evening out. This was the year that everything was going to fall into place but now we're building leads and then squeaking by every week. We finished the purdue game with 9 starters out due to injury. As crazy as it sounds this is shaping up to be a throwaway season.

Which is horrible because this season you probably had one for your best lineups on paper. I don't know how things will be for MSU next year, but I can tell you losing a mega-hyped QB is going to dip the level slightly.

Which is horrible because this season you probably had one for your best lineups on paper. I don't know how things will be for MSU next year, but I can tell you losing a mega-hyped QB is going to dip the level slightly.

We're going to be loaded except for at QB. We'll need someone to step up there, but we've got a very good history of QBs stepping up, save for the 2012 season. We've basically gone Smoker to Stanton to Hoyer to Cousins to Maxwell to Cook, that's 4 NFL QBs, a guy in Smoker who got drafted and was an NFl backup, and Maxwell who was god awful. It would be odd for the next guy not to make the NFL.

We're going to be loaded except for at QB. We'll need someone to step up there, but we've got a very good history of QBs stepping up, save for the 2012 season. We've basically gone Smoker to Stanton to Hoyer to Cousins to Maxwell to Cook, that's 4 NFL QBs, a guy in Smoker who got drafted and was an NFl backup, and Maxwell who was god awful. It would be odd for the next guy not to make the NFL.
In all actuality last year was the year for us to make the playoffs, it just happened that jt Barrett turned into aaron Rogers for a night. This year's chance was good but losing 8 starters, 10 if you count Meyers and finley who would be starting just decimate a team

Gotta admit, that's a decent track record. I miss when UM was producing NFL QBs. Not that the ones on either the UM or MSU list were amazing QBs in the NFL sans Brady, it is just near impossible to have guys consistently become superstar NFL QBs, but having them go into the NFL and start or even be a solid backup is impressive for one college to sustain.

Injuries that are across the various positions can be overcome with depth, but obviously losing 9 starters is going to have a very big impact. Worse is when injuries are concentrated at a specific position where even the depth becomes players moved from other positions in order to just put a body in that position.

Injuries that are across the various positions can be overcome with depth, but obviously losing 9 starters is going to have a very big impact. Worse is when injuries are concentrated at a specific position where even the depth becomes players moved from other positions in order to just put a body in that position.

Suspensions and transfers also are taking their toll. Meyers would be playing a lit, he won't be back for a couple more weeks. Powell would be very valuable, he transferred.

Suspensions and transfers are mental decisions though, and their potential reduction in talent is not part of the equation for me, sorry. A kid gets suspended because they did something stupid. They are lucky to just be suspended and not kicked off the team. Great talent or not, they don't deserve to be on the field. A transfer is a decision by someone who mentally is not in the best frame of mind to be playing either and likely would be more of a detriment as their mind is not 100% where it needs to be.

Injuries are different. They are often fluke events that prevent a guy from being out on the field who otherwise deserves to be out there fighting with his teammates. They are often sad stories, especially for seniors who have their college career ended by the injury, and you feel for the guy not being able to be out there.

Back