Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

20-10 1st downs 386-230 in yards

Leading tackler was kicked our of the game on a bogus targeting call.. only msu fans would think he didn't matter lol. Every play thereafter that msu ran would have been different and you know it.

only michigan fans would say that's the reason they lost and that he would have made one tackle on our fullback that would guarantee we wouldn't have scored on that drive and that losing one player had more impact than us losing more than 6 starters. He's your leading tackler, he's not superman. lol.

Last edited:
Having watched the game initially on gamecast (at a wedding), I was surprised reading recaps describing UM as "dominating" or MSU as "overmatched" all game. UM had a clear advantage in special teams. But otherwise, MSU looked like it had the better offense AND defense by comparison. Johnny is right in that even a minimal improvement on special teams ends the game in MSU's favor without the heroics at the end.

I am incredibly proud of those kids. I will admit I thought they wouldn't be able to keep up in the face of all the injuries. But they played their damn hearts out. And after a number of poor performances/unlucky moves on special teams, it all came back the other way in 10 seconds.

only michigan fans would say that's the reason they lost and that he would have made one tackle on our fullback that would guarantee we wouldn't have scored on that drive and that losing one player had more impact than us losing more than 6 starters. He's your leading tackler, he's not superman. lol.

MSU lost Ed Davis before the season even began. Ed Davis is an equal or better player than Bolden.

I'm a little surprised actually - I'm usually the skeptic on the this board but after looking at the offenses they have faced, I thought people were getting a little ahead of themselves. Yes, it's impressive to shutout anyone, let alone 3 straight but none of those teams was rated higher than 94th in offensive efficiency. NW got exposed again - Stanford must really be kicking themselves right now. Anyway, I said I thought we'd be able to move the ball and score on them - not a lot (predicted we'd win 24-20) but I thought we had a real chance (and I did take a flyer on the Spartans - took them ML +250, so that was a nice li'l bonus). Now trying to be objective, I think both teams are good but probably a little overrated - how good could we be if healthy? Maybe we live up to our rating, maybe better, who knows? But looking at the rest of the CFB landscape, we may be overrated by not by all that much.

That game was probably the biggest emotional low to high swing in my life - I've had higher highs but never immediately off of such a low. We still have to be careful to avoid that stupid blow up game but what a relief it is to get out of AA with the win.

Last edited:
MSU lost Ed Davis before the season even began. Ed Davis is an equal or better player than Bolden.

he was our leading tackler - according to Bob, that loss changed the outcome of every single offensive play for every one of our opponents for the whole year. The guy is like 60-something and he has the football knowledge of a third grade girl but acts less mature.

Last edited:
he was our leading tackler - according to Bob, that loss changed the outcome of every single offensive play for every one of our opponents for the whole year. The guy is like 60-something and he has the football knowledge of a third grade girl but acts less mature.

Come on.. there is a huge difference losing a player before the season starts then losing a guy in quarter #2 to bogus targeting call. Who knows what would have Haopened but my guess is he makes a difference. Michigan has lost guys this year in preseason and defense line guy a week ago who was playing great buto we never brought it up... Davis is a great player but that was 7 weeks ago...Keep thinking Bolden was not a huge lose in the middle of a damn game... MSU had a ton of guys hurt but let's not pretend one or two guys do not make a difference because in your words we had COOK and Brundige... Well it's not Michigan's offense that is winning games it's our defense so yes taking Bolden out hurt us in a big way...

Last edited:

I know, it's just so silly of an argument to make. UM hadn't given up a point in over three games. Obviously the defense had numerous quality players and good depth. But somehow that one player means the entire defense gets burned.

Come on.. there is a huge difference losing a player before the season starts then losing a guy in quarter #2 to bogus targeting call. Who knows what would have Haopened but my guess is he makes a difference. Michigan has lost guys this year in preseason and defense line guy a week ago who was playing great buto we never brought it up... Davis is a great player but that was 7 weeks ago...Keep thinking Bolden was not a huge lose in the middle of a damn game... MSU had a ton of guys hurt but let's not pretend one or two guys do not make a difference because in your words we had COOK and Brundige... Well it's not Michigan's offense that is winning games it's our defense so yes taking Bolden out hurt us in a big way...

yeah Bob, the huge difference is you lose him for less than 3 quarters where we don't get our guy for a single snap. If you think the outcome is binary - with Bolden you win, without him you lose - you have no idea what you are talking about and this conversation is a waste of time.

Nobody is saying it wasn't a loss to the team. What we are pointing out is that such a great defense doesn't just implode from losing one player. It's not like the team is bereft of talent. Further, while losing someone mid-game is probably more damaging than losing them at the beginning of the season, there's no comparison in whose defense was more impacted by losses (MSU) overall.

Also, Cook and Burbridge weren't my words. They were UM fans'.

We started two true freshmen at safety. We were missing our #1 and #2 CBs, on top of Davis. Our All American center didn't play. Our RT could barely move. Our LT was back for his first game. Our #1 TE didn't start and played sparingly. Our PR (Kings) is too hobbled to return punts. Our #1 punter is injured and was only used for 1 punt.

All of that and we still came into Muvhigan Stadium and outplayed them. The winning play was made possible by our coaches out coaching UM'd in the last play. UM's moronic coaches sent 4 guys to cover a punt when no one was back to return it. Our coaches brought 11 to rush the punter. Even if he fielded it we had a great chance to block it because of the idiotic coaching mistake by UM.

Laughable to think Bolden would have made any difference. He's a bum, and any other stadium he would have been given another oenalty for that victory lap he took on the way out. It was disgraceful. But this is the same clown who thought it a good idea to drive a stake into the field at SD last year before getting his shit pushed in. No surprise.

We started two true freshmen at safety. We were missing our #1 and #2 CBs, on top of Davis. Our All American center didn't play. Our RT could barely move. Our LT was back for his first game. Our #1 TE didn't start and played sparingly. Our PR (Kings) is too hobbled to return punts. Our #1 punter is injured and was only used for 1 punt.

All of that and we still came into Muvhigan Stadium and outplayed them. The winning play was made possible by our coaches out coaching UM'd in the last play. UM's moronic coaches sent 4 guys to cover a punt when no one was back to return it. Our coaches brought 11 to rush the punter. Even if he fielded it we had a great chance to block it because of the idiotic coaching mistake by UM.

Laughable to think Bolden would have made any difference. He's a bum, and any other stadium he would have been given another oenalty for that victory lap he took on the way out. It was disgraceful. But this is the same clown who thought it a good idea to drive a stake into the field at SD last year before getting his shit pushed in. No surprise.

Bullshit you are a idiot ... he never should have been kicked out an BTW Michigan is winning because of thier defense not with a qb that can't throw over 25 yards ... only idiot fans like you think taking out a teams leading tackler doess not make a difference. . You could start a high School kid in the secondary and Ridock still could hit a wide open guy.. congrats on your luck sack win no matter how you think it was pure luck..

Damn they should have just stopped the game after he was ejected and gave MSU the win. MSU had ton of injuries, it's next man up. Bolden might be a good player but if your whole team needs him on the field to win your team isn't that good.

:nod::nod::nod: We have our winner ladies and gentlemen

Leading tackler and team captain and msu fans just gloss over it like it's nothing.. I mean would msu' offense be great without cook or brundige. .I doubt it.. we still could havewon but a gaffe fumbled punt lol ... it was a horrible call... the worst of the whole day...and no the punt was not going to be blocked if he doesn't fumble.

Last edited:
Bob I like you on the Wings and Lions but some stuff you need to let go. I remember when you ranted about Gholston neck crank for weeks. He shouldn't have been ejected but he shouldn't be the factor if your team wins or loses.

Without a hobbled squad and all americans out we win by +10. Cook and calhoun gone next year, michigan has a good chance to win in EL.

Leading tackler and team captain and msu fans just gloss over it like it's nothing.. I mean would msu' offense be great without cook or brundige. .I doubt it.. we still could havewon but a gaffe fumbled punt lol ... it was a horrible call... the worst of the whole day...and no the punt was not going to be blocked if he doesn't fumble.
We know all too well the effect of missing key players. We'd rather see you have Bolden but we can also look at that as a small step toward evening things up.

Win with class if you want respect. Your childish attitude is why YOU are Little Brother material. The Spartans have grown up, to bad fans like you are supporting them, the team deserves better.

Win with class if you want respect. Your childish attitude is why YOU are Little Brother material. The Spartans have grown up, to bad fans like you are supporting them, the team deserves better.

Oh go suck on a bag of Harbaugh's discarded hemeroid pads you pompous douche. You got beat and your coach got out coached. The UM fan base is the most despised in all of sport because douche nozzles like you make up the majority of it. Your sorry ass excuse making coach who blew the game himself by not calling the right protection and then fed his punter to the wolves is exactly what you deserve you worthless piece of scum.

Last edited:

I show respect on the Michigan board. Coming over here is a different ball game pal. :cheers:

Go count how many "fuck sparty" or shit about Coach D and other Spartans on the game thread or other posts about the game. Then you can talk about class.

Back