Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

4th Quarter Domination vs UM

johnny2x2x

UM ran 19 plays for 30 yards and had 1 first down in the 4th quarter on Saturday. 24 of those yards came on one lame duck pass to Darboh. So 18 plays for 6 yards outside of that one catch.

The defense stepped up huge when we needed it to. The offense was moving the ball well in the 4th quarter. Our offense gained 137 yards in the 4th quarter. The 4th quarter was dominated by us and that's why we were in position to only need one play to win.

Interesting thing is that we almost blocked 2 kicks already in the game, so you'd think max protect on the punt would have been a no brainer for Harbaugh. Glad he was thinking of something other than coaching football on the last play.

We need to continue to run gadget plays like the pass to our fullback, run arounds with kings play action from time to time. a few more passes to price or even LJ Scott in the flat. We are picking up bigs yards on plays like that but RARELY use them. We did however use these types of plays the rose bowl year. That game is history, lets focus on Indiana. Open the damn playbook! :)

Last edited:
We need to continue to run gadget plays like the pass to our fullback, run arounds with kings play action from time to time. a few more passes to price or even LJ Scott in the flat. We are picking up bigs yards on plays like that but RARELY use them. We did however use these types of plays the rose bowl year. That game is history, lets focus on Indiana. Open the damn playbook! :)

I think we play conservative against easier opponents in order to keep the "trick" plays hidden until the big games. I like the idea of our punter being able to throw the ball, I think if he throws it against UM we get a first down instead he ran with it. Our coverage on special teams is awful at this point. Every time the punter or kick returner catch the ball I have to hold my breath...

The 4th quarter was huge. Big emotional swings from high, to low back to high again. It would have been nice to score more conventionally to win the game if only to shut up biggunsbob and a few others who can't accept that it was a close game and the result wasn't the great injustice they believe it was. That said, it doesn't get more exciting than that finish - tops the 4th and 1 stuff of Stanford at the Rose Bowl - so I make no apologies for it. But in fairness, you can't exclude the darboh catch just like uofm fan's can't discount the Pendleton play that accounted for more than half of our production. Throw Bob a bone for cryin out loud!

Last edited:
The 4th quarter was huge. Big emotional swings from high, to low back to high again. It would have been nice to score more conventionally to win the game if only to shut up biggunsbob and a few others who can't accept that it was a close game and the result wasn't the great injustice they believe it was. That said, it doesn't get more exciting than that finish - tops the 4th and 1 stuff of Stanford at the Rose Bowl - so I make no apologies for it. But in fairness, you can't exclude the darboh catch just like uofm fan's can't discount the Pendleton play that accounted for more than half of our production. Throw Bob a bone for cryin out loud!

the rose bowl stop was great but they had 60 yards to go

Well, the last four possessions UM had, they ran 14 plays for 6 total yards and zero first downs.

Our defense gave us a chance.

Last edited:
Desmond Howard crying like a little girl on Gameday.

Blamed refs for the loss. And said "it took a miracle to beat Harbaugh in his first year" :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Failed to acknowledge we were missing 7 starters....

Blamed refs for the loss. And said "it took a miracle to beat Harbaugh in his first year" :lmao::lmao::lmao:

He's always been a blind homer on that show. Even when they were terrible.

Typical classless Wolverine. Arrogant douche even in crushing defeat.

That's a bit much. He's a homer for sure, but seems like an otherwise good guy.

Yeah, but he's said a lot of BS in the past, seems like a pretty happy dude, but he hates MSU. Probably not a douche, but I still don't like him.

Yeah, but he's said a lot of BS in the past, seems like a pretty happy dude, but he hates MSU. Probably not a douche, but I still don't like him.
The worst was after choir boy Taylor lewan got slapped by ghost on he was on GameDay the next week in east Lansing talking about how "some schools" take chances on "questionable kids" with character issues just to win games. Never mind that michigan was all over his nuts until he got his spartan tattoo. Fuck Desmond, he's a prick.

The worst was after choir boy Taylor lewan got slapped by ghost on he was on GameDay the next week in east Lansing talking about how "some schools" take chances on "questionable kids" with character issues just to win games. Never mind that michigan was all over his nuts until he got his spartan tattoo. Fuck Desmond, he's a prick.

My favorite was when with a straight face he picked Michigan to beat Bama in that 2012 opener in Dallas, I've never laughed so hard my entire life

The D came on in the 4th quarter against IU too. 12 plays for 24 total yards and zero points. IU has a great offense and Sudfeld was almost as impressive as Cook.

My favorite was when with a straight face he picked Michigan to beat Bama in that 2012 opener in Dallas, I've never laughed so hard my entire life
He also had them in his preseason top 5 in hokes last year

Back