Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Indiana Game

LuciousGameWinner

This game scares me, they like to throw it and Nate Sudfeld is a heck of a quarterback. With Miller and Willis at the safety spots, can we try Nicholson at corner? That would allow him to focus on just 1 man instead of having to tackle and make decisions as a safety. I just hate having that good of an athlete not playing.

This game scares me, they like to throw it and Nate Sudfeld is a heck of a quarterback. With Miller and Willis at the safety spots, can we try Nicholson at corner? That would allow him to focus on just 1 man instead of having to tackle and make decisions as a safety. I just hate having that good of an athlete not playing.

IU has no defense, but their offense has a couple play makers and Sudfeld can throw on the run. This will be a tough game and we have to guard against the emotional let down.

Nicholson will get it figured out, he might be playing out of position for our defense, he is a huge safety at 6-2-1/2 and 220 lbs, he has elite speed, but he might not have the stop and start ability our defense needs from its safeties. He might play the star LB or move to offense, he was a fantastic WR in high school. Willis and Miller both looked very good for their age on Saturday and I think with experience both could be excellent players for 4 years.

You think that Miller and Willis will start the rest of the year? I wouldn't mind seeing those guys be 4 year starters.

Also wouldn't mind having Nicholson play WR..

You think that Miller and Willis will start the rest of the year? I wouldn't mind seeing those guys be 4 year starters.

Also wouldn't mind having Nicholson play WR..

I think they start until Williamson comes back. Might be back in another month. Ohio State game? They're listed as starters on this week's IU depth chart.

Miller is an explosive athlete, he ran a 4.4 forty here at a camp and that's when we offered him, also has excellent size at 6-3, 200 lbs. Willis and he were both 4.0 students and have picked everything up quickly. I think they're both going to be plus players for us as early as next year.

That's the one thing about injuries, they force you to build depth. The injuries of 2012 led to the 2013 season. This season has been way beyond anything I have ever seen at MSU and the depth we are building for next year and beyond is staggering.

Darian Hicks is not on the depth chart. Coach D just said that Tyson Smith's red-shirt will come off this week. Going to need more corners for this game than the Michigan game. Josh Butler has a chance to play too. Man, we could have an all true freshman defensive backfield in the game at some point on Saturday.

Last edited:
this game really, really scares me. if there is one offense you don't want to play down 4 DB's it's Indiana. they just keep throwing the ball, run up tempo offense and they will take advantages of the mismatches that Michigan couldn't.

Allen, London, And Hicks all still out.

Hopeful Price, Kings, Kieler, Conklin, Scott, and Hartbarger are back closer to full strength.

And of course Copeland, Davis, Finley, and Williamson are out for the year or until the bowl.

I am nervous for this one too. I am hoping the rain in the forecast nullifies their passing game because Sudfield is a solid QB. I had free tickets to the game but screw it, not sitting through thunderstorms for this one, the couch will work fine.

Back