Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

JT Barrett arrested for OWI

Sbee

Interesting to see how this plays out. I'd bet he's back for msu, they can beat Minnesota without him. We suspended Meyers for 8 games while the legal process played out but urban is win at all costs.

He'll miss two games and be back for us and Michigan. Still disrupts the mementum their offense was starting to click with.

He'll miss two games and be back for us and Michigan. Still disrupts the mementum their offense was starting to click with.
Maybe just one, who knows? I'm looking at this completely from a football perspective. I don't think it's a big deal unless his BAC was really high. Sobriety checkpoints are bullshit

just thought of a good Halloween costume. Just get a JT jersey, some toy handcuffs and walk around handcuffed and drunk! Perfect!

Maybe just one, who knows? I'm looking at this completely from a football perspective. I don't think it's a big deal unless his BAC was really high. Sobriety checkpoints are bullshit

Just above .08 per the CBS link on the the M board.

just thought of a good Halloween costume. Just get a JT jersey, some toy handcuffs and walk around handcuffed and drunk! Perfect!
I was thinking of going as Blake O'Neil and dropping the football on every doorstep

I was thinking of going as Blake O'Neil and dropping the football on every doorstep

That's because you are a classless douchebag. JT being mocked due to off field behavior is one thing, mocking a guy for a mistake on the field is tasteless and classless.

Last edited:
Honestly not a big deal, selfishly I want the same level of punishment that he would get at msu.

Connor Cook would have got the same type of punishment. I doubt they would have sat him for 8 games.

That's because you are a classless douchebag. JT being mocked due to off field behavior is one thing, mocking a guy for a mistake on the field is tasteless and classless.
You might want to ask Santa for a sense of humor

Connor Cook would have got the same type of punishment. I doubt they would have sat him for 8 games.
Precedent has been set, we always suspend the player while the process plays out. Good thing we don't have to think about that.

I should have done a costume with three friends: I would be long snapper, someone would keep knocking me over, and someone would be zxyt off to the side crying and claiming MSU should forfeit the win

Last edited:

eh... I get that it's an internet message board joke, but in real life a late 30-40-something professional mocking a college kid for a mistake on a football field is pretty lame, when you take a step back and think about it.

eh... I get that it's an internet message board joke, but in real life a late 30-40-something professional mocking a college kid for a mistake on a football field is pretty lame, when you take a step back and think about it.

But it wasn't his mistake that anyone should remember, it as his coach's. Not calling a safe punt was one of the worst coaching decisions I can remember. Right up there with taking the wind in OT. Minny coaches have it back to UM tonight though.

I should have done a costume with three friends: I would be long snapper, someone would keep knocking me over, and someone would be zxyt off to the side crying and claiming MSU should forfeit the win

1. I didn't once say MSU should forfeit the win.
2. My sincere apology for being pissed off due to info that had been initially presented. Additional info proved the initial was inaccurate, despite the initial appearance that it was correct.
3. I did not cry. I was mad, but no tears were ever shed.

But it wasn't his mistake that anyone should remember, it as his coach's. Not calling a safe punt was one of the worst coaching decisions I can remember. Right up there with taking the wind in OT. Minny coaches have it back to UM tonight though.

Then go as Harbaugh with a some type of sign calling him out for his mistake, the players in this type of situation do not deserve ridicule by anyone. They don't deserve death threats from the assholes in their teams fan base, nor do they deserve to be mocked by opponent's fans for providing them the best gift they will ever have. There is a difference between cheering for the fact it happened, enjoying the good fortune, and remembering how lucky your team was to win versus outright mocking the guy as a Halloween gag costume. There is nothing "humorous" about that, and while it isn't remotely as bad as sending him death threats, it still belongs in the realm of things that need not be said or done.

I just took my kids trick or treating like anyone else. I was just making a joke but I'm sure some sensitive types like zxyt would have a problem with it, which is half the reason I made the joke in the first place.

Last edited:
Back