Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU vs N. Michigan in MBB exibition

johnny2x2x

94-53, but it was close at the half. Valentine had a triple double. Forbes led all scorers with 23, and Deyonta Davis had 12 pts 4 Rebs and 4 blocks. Eron Harris struggle offensively.

94-53, but it was close at the half. Valentine had a triple double. Forbes led all scorers with 23, and Deyonta Davis had 12 pts 4 Rebs and 4 blocks. Eron Harris struggle offensively.

Went to NMU 2.5 years before transferring. I use to love watching games there. As a student, basketball and football were free and hockey was a buck or 2.

Didn't get to watch it but listened to a podcast about it this morning, sounds like DD had some putbacks and can run the floor, block shots, etc. I don't think he'll be ready to play 25 minutes right away though he'll have to with Clark out. I really want to see Javon Bess, heard he played well and he's working himself back.

Didn't get to watch it but listened to a podcast about it this morning, sounds like DD had some putbacks and can run the floor, block shots, etc. I don't think he'll be ready to play 25 minutes right away though he'll have to with Clark out. I really want to see Javon Bess, heard he played well and he's working himself back.

Bess had 11 and 9 rebounds. He is going to take minutes away from Clark this year, he's got his bounce back and is an excellent athlete. On paper it's not a huge team, but in reality we have several guys who are around 6-5 to 6-7 and can really rebound in Valentine, Bess, and Clark, it's going to be a good rebounding team.

The word this off season was that Forbes put on 15 lbs of muscle and really added a lot to his game. He will be a weapon this season and not be as much of a liability defensively. This is a vintage Izzo team right here, they aren't supremely talented like the team from 2 seasons ago, but they have an excellent mix of youth, experience, and toughness. They'll struggle some until February when they'll hit their stride.

I think we're as good as anyone in the country at the 1,2, and 3. How the bigs play and how DD develops will determine how far this team can go.

I've read all the same things regarding Forbes and looks like they are proving to be true.

Looked like they were using Bess at the 4 with Clark out. As good of a rebounder as he is, that makes for a pretty small lineup. Though the team also has the option of playing big if need be with Costello and Schilling playing together (if, I repeat if Schilling can stay out of foul trouble, saw even yesterday he had 4 fouls for the game). Davis will probably be more of an X factor type of player until he can start to figure things out.

Even in a crowded backcourt it looks like McQuaid might be able to carve out a role.

The team has a lot of parts but will need Harris to live up to his billing as a scorer or they will be lacking in that department.

it sounds like Valentine played a lot of minutes at the point last night, my guess is that would open minutes at the 3 for Bess if that continues.

When I say typical Izzo team, I mean they are going to be maddening to watch at times, he's going to put them through the grinder in practice and in games. We're going to look amazing sometimes and lay a few eggs other times, but the team will be tough as nails and battle tested come March when they'll be playing their best ball.

I can't wait for the, "Izzo needs to retire, the game has passed him by." chicken littles when we look terrible a few games.

And in the B1G, Maryland is an absolute terror, Diamond Stone is going to be more than a hand full.

I'm not quite buying the Maryland hype. I know they added some quality big guys with Stone and Carter, but I think some are underestimating losing Dez Wells and overestimating what Layman is going to give them.

Still with that said they have a lot of size, and they'll be in the mix as it looks like one of those years where there probably won't be a dominant team.

Last edited:
Maryland better enjoy it this year, that goes for the rest of the B10.

I'm not quite buying the Maryland hype. I know they added some quality big guys with Stone and Carter, but I think some are underestimating losing Dez Wells and overestimating what Layman is going to give them.

Still with that said they have a lot of size, and they'll be in the mix as it looks like one of those years where there probably won't be a dominant team.

we luck out by only getting them at breslin, I don't think our conference schedule is as brutal as it has been in past years, we luck out a little bit.

I still see Maryland as the Big Ten favorite to start, but I'm less sold on them as a National Title contender which is what most seem to be pegging them as.

Back