Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Other football games

LuciousGameWinner

Watching the Baylor and Kansas State game. Baylor is VERY soft. Their dline is getting pushed around by K State big time. K State did a QB sneak and gained 4-5 yards.

Hoping Snyder has some magic left and pulls a big upset. I always cheer for M State, Snyder does things the right way.

Have to give them credit on offense using a new QB. They look awful on defense but they can sure score points .. plus I think Baylor never wins at Kansas state ..

Last edited:
Have to give them credit on offense using a new QB. They look awful on defense but they can sure score points .. plus I think Baylor never wins at Kansas state ..

As a fan watching, that offense seems so simple to stop. You can see the bubble screen coming before the play even starts and Kansas State would still give up 10 yards every damn time. I guess it's not that easy to stop if they're putting 40+ on everyone.

I highly dislike that team mostly because of the coaching staff. Briles is a little girl.

As a fan watching, that offense seems so simple to stop. You can see the bubble screen coming before the play even starts and Kansas State would still give up 10 yards every damn time. I guess it's not that easy to stop if they're putting 40+ on everyone.

I highly dislike that team mostly because of the coaching staff. Briles is a little girl.

That bubble screen was killing us last year for 3 quarters. I went to the game and it was so frustrating that you know its coming and its 10 yards no matter what.

What makes the those screens so potent is the personal and easy checks into another route. The easiest way to stop the screen is loading up that side of the field and putting the DBs on the line. The screen would have no time to set up and most likely end in a loss of a few yards.

But Baylor has WRs that can really run also. So if they see the defense lining up close to the line to stop the screen, they just send guys deep and beat the DBs down the field. It's exactly what was happening to us last year. When we played 10 yards deep, they ran the screen and ate up 5-10 yards at a time. When we played up on the line, they beat us deep. It's a very simple concept, but it requires a number of good WRs and quick communication to execute right.

BTW, going to watch Pitt-ND to see how Narduzzi is doing over there (haven't caught any Pitt games yet). Really hope he can pull out a win, he deserves it as a coach and ND needs to get hit with some reality after their totally unreasonable ranking.

Back