Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Maryland game today

Outside of the one Maryland scoring drive the D has looked better today. If the offense was even average today we'd be up 3 scores right now.

Maryland is horrible so we lead, but damn, this team is not very good. And if Cook's shoulder is not 100% next week our offense will do diddly squat.

Conklin had his worst half in 3 seasons, got beat badly to give up his 1st sack of the season, also had a holding call, and gave up another pressure.

Last edited:
I'd go with O'Connor or terry, cook is a shell of himself

Of course not, at least we weren't going into last week. Just need cook healthy next week and we have a chance.

Quiet game for Burbridge

So I always knew there was going to be a dropoff at QB next year. But at the same time, I guess we've been a bit spoiled having highly competent QBs ready nearly every time the last one left (Hoyer>Cousins>Cook). But just wow, I didn't realize O'Connor and Terry were so bad. O'Connor is lucky to get the ball within 3 yards of his WR, and Terry isn't even a QB at all as he can only run.

9-1, sure is ugly though.

Play one great game next weekend.

This. I'll take ugly wins any day if it gets us to the playoffs. We need to play next week with Oregon mentality (still I think our best game of the season) and an underdog's gameplan. I sure hope to see a ton of misdirection on offense and some risk-taking on defense (trying to just be sound defensively isn't good enough with this secondary).

So I always knew there was going to be a dropoff at QB next year. But at the same time, I guess we've been a bit spoiled having highly competent QBs ready nearly every time the last one left (Hoyer>Cousins>Cook). But just wow, I didn't realize O'Connor and Terry were so bad. O'Connor is lucky to get the ball within 3 yards of his WR, and Terry isn't even a QB at all as he can only run.
Don't be surprised if terry throws deep vs osu, I'd bet they have been setting it up as a long con all year.

As for this game, I'm happy. Win and cover the spread with one series from a healthy Connor cook, that's fine.

Well, the season comes down to one game. Ohio State is beatable, but we'll have to come out and play our best game of the season.

Cook said he's good to go.

Last edited:
Well, the season comes down to one game. Ohio State is beatable, but we'll have to come out and play our best game of the season.
It would have been the same thing had we not lost to Nebraska I guess. I give us a 25% chance. Heading to Columbus on friday, first game ever at the horseshoe

It would have been the same thing had we not lost to Nebraska I guess. I give us a 25% chance. Heading to Columbus on friday, first game ever at the horseshoe

Sounds awesome. Whether we win or lose, I hope it's a good game because it will make it a ton of fun to watch. I actually got out to the Baylor game last year (my uncle lives right there and got tickets) and it was incredible even before we took the lead.

Silver lining is we made a ton of mistakes and still won handily. We needed turnovers to get all of our first half points - that's disappointing but with all the drops (even burbridge dropped some balls he should have caught) and without Cook for much of the half, not a huge surprise. I know there have been a ton of injuries but I have to question some of the play calling - maybe we give up on the man coverage all the time since we're not getting much pressure. As much as our line has been hyped, Nebraska ran for almost 200 yards and 5 yards per carry. Makes me wonder if our secondary wasn't so bad, would our run defense have the stats it does? And wtf was with that fake FG? trying to spark the team? made little to no strategic sense. Dantonio needs to figure out how to get more out of what he's got.

Last edited:
Back