Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ohio State Week

LuciousGameWinner

Well fellas, it's finally here. I think most at the beginning of the season expected us to go into Columbus at 10-0 or 9-1 with the loss coming to Oregon. Oregon is leading Stanford at the half by the way. That win against Oregon would look much better if they won tonight. I think we all knew the season would come down to this game. Win and you're in the big ten championship game with the possibility of getting into the final 4. Lose and the season will be considered a bit of a failure to most.

MSU has looked shaky, especially in the secondary, but OSU has had their struggles throughout the year as well. They haven't played a team as good as MSU all season, but I think the same can be said about MSU, although MSU has been more tested with the Oregon, and Michigan games.

Should be a good one! A win would be huge, I'll leave my prediction for later in the week.

Wait, what?

Ohio State week is the week after next.

Oh, wait a minute...

never mind.

Control our own destiny still. Just win.

Oregon beating Stanford right now. Too bad Adams missed those games, Oregon would be in the playoff hunt right now had he not.

Control our own destiny still. Just win.

Oregon beating Stanford right now. Too bad Adams missed those games, Oregon would be in the playoff hunt right now had he not.

Yeah with Adams they're sitting with only 2 losses.

Gameday just announced they'll be at Ohio State next weekend.

Hey now! Wait your turn.

After today, Penn State on the road is a plateful for the Maize and Blue all by itself.

Michigan has its own business to focus on regardless of what happens in CBus next week.

That said I'll be rooting against the Spartans v the Buckeyes for the first time in my almost a half century of Big Ten football.

Sorry.

Hope you will all understand.

After today, Penn State on the road is a plateful for the Maize and Blue all by itself.

Michigan has its own business to focus on regardless of what happens in CBus next week.

That said I'll be rooting against the Spartans v the Buckeyes for the first time in my almost a half century of Big Ten football.

Sorry.

Hope you will all understand.

It's understandable. I have to say that neither Michigan or Michigan State has a good shot at beating OSU. But anything can happen on any given Saturday.

Wow big weekend for MSU. LSU, Stanford all go down. Utah losing by 10 to Arizona early. Baylor is losing by 7 to Oklahoma with 2 to go in the 3rd. Could move up quite a bit.

Bye bye Baylor!! Fuck you Briles and your cocky program. That's what happens when you play cupcakes until November...it takes you a while to get exposed.

Bye bye Baylor!! Fuck you Briles and your cocky program. That's what happens when you play cupcakes until November...it takes you a while to get exposed.

Well to be fair Baylor is playing without their quarterback and OU might be one of the most underrated teams out there. They are reminding me a lot of last year's OSU.

As for us, as uneven as this season has been it's amazing that the team's goals are still in front of them if they can pull out a W. The one thing I'm clinging to is that OSU has pretty been uneven at times themselves, and we have played well in our biggest games so far.

Last edited:
Doesn't it just seem so unfair the Michigan Ohio State and Michigan State are all in the same division?

OSU is in an interesting spot, they really haven't played anyone this year, they played Va tech and PSU, that's it. this is their first real test, they've kind of sleepwalked all season. They are going to be around a 10pt favorite and they should be but it will be interesting to see who shows up. after the game some players said that they've been watching OSU film all year when they had the chance, I expect us to be up emotionally for this game like we were against Michigan. It will take our best effort that we've had all year and a great game from Cook but I feel good about a few things heading into OSU, mainly the shorter bench in the secondary, Nicholson playing with confidence, and being as healthy as we've been since Oregon. I also like the idea of Cook playing in his home state for the first time.

Wow. The Pac 12 really cannibalized itself last night. I wouldn't have remotely said this last week, but win out and I think we might be back in for a playoff spot. That would include road wins vs OSU and UM, and Big Ten CCG win against maybe undefeated Iowa and a win vs Oregon that looks good again (when they were healthy and the committee does look at that).

Stanford beating Notre Dame would also help a lot. After that I think 3 spots are nearly sewn up. Clemson, a 1 loss Big 12 champ (I think that will be OU), a 1 loss SEC champ (Alabama). One thing that might really throw things into disarray would be if Clemson were to lose to UNC. UNC looks to be another under the radar team that is better than people think.

But first things first.....

Last edited:
Think we end up at 9 this week and OSU at 3. If Baylor doesn't drop to at least 15 I'll be pissed. They haven't played anyone and when they finally do they lose.

Back