Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Pistons 116 Rockets 105 Final

The Pistons (8-9) head into this meeting having lost four of five after falling 87-83 at Brooklyn on Sunday. They've been woeful offensively over their last four, shooting 36.1 percent after making 34 of 101 from the field against the Nets.

That performance dropped Detroit to the bottom of the NBA in field-goal percentage at 40.8. Andre Drummond had his 15th double-double with 20 points and 18 rebounds, while Kentavious Caldwell-Pope finished with 21 points.

Reggie Jackson finished 4 of 20 from the field.

"I think what it really came down to is we were mentally very weak," coach Stan Van Gundy said. "We got very frustrated, you know, missing shots, thinking we're getting fouled. It affected our defense. I thought we took several bad shots in the fourth quarter just trying to draw fouls instead of trying to get good shots. I just didn't think we played very smart, poised basketball and that was disappointing."

The Pistons have fallen off since a 5-1 start as they continue to play without guard Brandon Jennings, who is still recovering from a torn left Achilles suffered in January.

"I like the guys we have. I like the character of our team. I like the fit of our team," Van Gundy said. "We've just got to keep working to improve on both ends and gain experience, both together and individually."

"I think what it really came down to is we were mentally very weak," coach Stan Van Gundy said

Pistons up 60-32 with 2:14 left before halftime..The team only scored 83 last night verses the Net's.
Halftime the score is 64-41. Last 2 minutes blew. Twice all the damn bench players had to do was grab the damn easy rebound and we would have saved 4 points.. No lead is safe for this team..

Last edited:
Jackson out of control again.. Come on reggie.. Your better then that.

AD 4 for 15 shooting Free throws.. as with 5 minutes in the third Houston is already starting to foul AD.
Fucking disgraceful Free throw shooting..

Last edited:
Disgusting quarter. This team is so fragile sometimes.. 84-73 after three..

Last edited:
Lead down to 6.
Lead down to 4.
Up to 5.
up to 7
up to 9
down to 6.
up to 8.
down to 6.
Up to 8.
Up to 9.
Up to 11.

5:41 left.. Hope we can hold on!!

Up 10 with under 3 to play Harden shooting a foul shot after timeout.
Lead down to 7.
Up to 9.
Down to 8.
Up to 10
Down to 8
up to 9.
up to 10.
Down to 7.
Up to 8.
up to 9.
I think we can hold on from here lol!!!

Last edited:
Other then the one bad fast break were Reggie got to far under the basket he has played really good tonight..

I hate the hack-a-(enter name here) "strategy"... If you can even call it that. It's a disgrace to the game that is normally free flowing. I really hope it goes away soon so the games can be watchable again

Back