Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The real economy...

there is a real crisis developing in this country - and its been moving this way for decades

Not country, world. Foxcom in China fired 60,000 and is moving to robot assemblers.

I honestly think we could split the economy in my lifetime. Social program will expand until there's some form of government credits that everyone has enough of to get by and is good for all the stuff that's too dirt cheap to employ human labor for and then dollars, which will be good for art and land and all the stuff that involves scarce resources or human creativity.

There would be some exchange rate between the two currencies of course. It kind of already exists black market. I'm not saying you'll just have as much as you want of the cheap stuff, but if you want more, you'll have to spend your dollars.

Last edited:
I think the conclusions you come to here are ridiculous.

it's nothing Obama did; and those kids aren't moving home because it's their choice, they can't find jobs that pay enough to support themselves independently.

I think this will only get worse over time, as even more jobs are outsourced or automated.

there is a real crisis developing in this country - and its been moving this way for decades, the trend didnt start with Obama - of jobs disappearing. the "free market" is not magically creating new jobs here to replace the ones lost. I think what we'll need is something like the New Deal work programs, with the government paying people to do domestic chores like plant trees, dig ditches, rehab houses, etc.

at least the money will be spent here, and circulated back into the economy to stimulate spending. and hell, maybe it will get some kids to move out of their parents' houses??? the $7.50/hour wages at Walmart that Spartanhack thinks are wonderful just haven't been cutting it...

you passed econ 101.

still need to do something about the "F" you got in econ 102.

I didn't say it was anything Obama did - i said perhaps he and the Dem cheerleaders should maybe press pause on taking a victory lap for an economic recovery that isn't really a recovery. There's a big difference, I would have thought even a moron could tell, but I was wrong about that.

I also didn't say millenials are moving home by choice - I actually said they're being forced into this situation because there are no jobs. That's clear - I said it twice in different posts on this thread.

How could you say you think my conclusions are ridiculous when you obviously don't even know what I've said? I know, it's because you're an idiot so consumed by hatred, you continue to try to disprove anything I say - since you have a 100% failure rate apparently, you've resorted to disproving what you wish I had said.

Since I didn't say any of the garbage you think I did - you get an F in reading comprehension on top of the F you get for econ 101. The free market isn't creating jobs because we don't have a free market and another disastrous New Deal 2.0 is exactly the opposite of what this country needs. Rather than market reforms (eliminating or at least dramatically lowering corporate taxes, allow the market set interest rates at the right level, etc) that would bring back private sector, higher paying jobs in manufacturing, people like you who don't know jack shit about economics push stupid policies like a minimum $15/hour for every job regardless of the value of the skills for that job or government spending programs that dump money into projects with no return - that's not investment, that's waste. Actually, you get an F- in econ 101. You are a total dumbass.

Last edited:
Back