Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Copa America

Michchamp

we just won our group!

up next we play Ecuador in the quarterfinals.

Brazil eliminated completely on a no-call handball goal. I don't really feel too bad for them.

the Euro Tournament group stage is in full swing as well. time to pay attention to soccer.

what is Copa America?

tumblr_inline_o06i94tJct1sz1fmg_500.gif

what is Copa America?

it's a national tourney between the best teams from The North and South American federations.

16 teams qualified. we were placed in a group considered stacked, with Costa Rica, Columbia, and Peru. prior to the tourney starting we were a toss-up to advance to the quarterfinals, and even less so after losing to Columbia in game one, but ended up winning our group.

Brazil getting eliminated means we won't have to face them, and most of the teams remaining are beatable with a little luck.

the US has never won a major international tournament.

it's a national tourney between the best teams from The North and South American federations.

16 teams qualified. we were placed in a group considered stacked, with Costa Rica, Columbia, and Peru. prior to the tourney starting we were a toss-up to advance to the quarterfinals, and even less so after losing to Columbia in game one, but ended up winning our group.

Brazil getting eliminated means we won't have to face them, and most of the teams remaining are beatable with a little luck.

the US has never won a major international tournament.

does it have anything to do with the world cup or is it just another tournament?

does it have anything to do with the world cup or is it just another tournament?

this one is just another tournament.

qualifying for the '18 WC is in progress. in our region it's close to settled.

anybody watching? US up on Equador 1-0, 2nd half starting shortly.

Tom, Equador is a country in South America.

anybody watching? US up on Equador 1-0, 2nd half starting shortly.

Tom, Equador is a country in South America.

I am. Both teams narrowly missing chances at the end of the half. Could be 1-1 or 2-1 (US).

I turned off the Tigers game when JD wrecked his arm...needed to forget about that.

Last edited:
Play is getting nasty now. Ecuador player gets a 2nd yellow, out for the match. US proceeds to get back to back yellows, Bobby Wood can't play in the next match if they win.

*Jermaine Jones actually got a straight red. 10v10. Jones hit the other guy in the face, he's a fucking idiot.

Last edited:
2-1..

All of the sudden Ecudaor is giving it to the USA raw. Just hit the post, some how still 2-1.

Last edited:
Play is getting nasty now. Ecuador player gets a 2nd yellow, out for the match. US proceeds to get back to back yellows, Bobby Wood can't play in the next match if they win.

*Jermaine Jones actually got a straight red. 10v10. Jones hit the other guy in the face, he's a fucking idiot.

i missed all the carding to eat dinner. watched the last 15 or so after things calmed down. we got lucky with a couple of those deflections late in the game. that one... not sure who our defender was, but that was a risky move in front of your own goal. glad it stayed wide after he deflected it.

I hope we can make the final. Home field should matter for something. first major tourney on US soil since we started fielding decent teams.

Back