Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Dallas blm protest incident

I do think media plays a role. I don't think the main problem with the media is the overall bias, it the availability of every flavor of bias you could desire fueling partisanship and ideological segregation.

I think the point people are trying to make is that in general the main stream media does not cover it much if at all when it's a white victim that gets shot and killed unnecessarily by a cop.

How much coverage did this recent one get, did you even know about it?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ay-ground.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailus

What we all need to do is reject the politics of divide and concur soros backed fueling movements trying and kick start a civil war to bring about total globalist control. Awaken!

Last edited:
I think the point people are trying to make is that in general the main stream media does not cover it much if at all when it's a white kid that gets shot by a cop

How much coverage did this recent one get, did you even know about it?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ay-ground.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailus

What we all need to do is reject the politics of divide and concur soros backed fueling movements trying and kick start a civil war to bring about total globalist control. Awaken!

I saw that one, but didn't read articles; haven't read any articles on the recent shootings, because, truth be told, I'm sick and tired of it. there are a lot of cops that need help or are complete degenerates & should not be on police forces across the country. yet the police unions and political establishments won't lift a finger to do anything, even as the settlements paid to victims reach tens of millions of dollars. surprisingly, despite the abuse, police unions are the one type of union GOP won't speak so much as a peep about... hmm...

anyway, as far as shootings of white people The Michigan media covered this one: link. google Deven Guilford, and you can even find some out of state and international coverage about it. some of you guys maybe don't read the news very thoroughly or only do so to the extent it confirms your pre-existing beliefs

in the Guilford case there were no protests (other than the family & their lawsuit against the cops) so maybe that's why? We whites aren't subject to systematic police abuse like blacks are so maybe that's why they protest these incidents and garner more media coverage???

could be that. or it could be that there's a vast media conspiracy against white victims of police shootings... seems contrary to the evidence, but some people will believe anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw that one, but didn't read articles; haven't read any articles on the recent shootings, because, truth be told, I'm sick and tired of it. there are a lot of cops that need help or are complete degenerates & should not be on police forces across the country. yet the police unions and political establishments won't lift a finger to do anything, even as the settlements paid to victims reach tens of millions of dollars. surprisingly, despite the abuse, police unions are the one type of union GOP won't speak so much as a peep about... hmm...

anyway, as far as shootings of white people The Michigan media covered this one: link. google Deven Guilford, and you can even find some out of state and international coverage about it. some of you guys maybe don't read the news very thoroughly or only do so to the extent it confirms your pre-existing beliefs

in the Guilford case there were no protests (other than the family & their lawsuit against the cops) so maybe that's why? We whites aren't subject to systematic police abuse like blacks are so maybe that's why they protest these incidents and garner more media coverage???

could be that. or it could be that there's a vast media conspiracy against white victims of police shootings... seems contrary to the evidence, but some people will believe anything.

I know all about that one, in fact it's pretty close to home for me. I don't want to discuss it, nobody wins, it ruined many lives. It was covered locally but wasn't plastered all over main stream media networks 24/7 for a news cycle was it?

In any regard, there are some cops that probably shouldn't be officers I agree, there are bad seeds in every large group. You know what I think the biggest problem is though? The way cops are trained now a days, they are trained to shoot first at the first nano second thought that the perp might be reaching for something and ask questions later, be afraid of so called sovereign citizens, anyone high is paranoid and going to shoot you, shoot at the first sign of movement before they even see a gun in some cases. They aren't trained to be officers of the peace anymore IMO, they are trained to fear and suspect everyone has bad intentions, and that is a huge problem.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/02/u...-and-he-will-answer-questions-later.html?_r=0

What the main stream should be focused on is this issue here and not all the race baiting. JMO

Last edited:
...and on facebook, I see another wave of people announcing they're unfriending people that disagree with them! Do they not see that's part of the problem?!?! All this self segregation by ideology fuels extremism.

Yeah, I've seen a few with a picture of a police badge and the comment, "I support the Police, if you have a problem with this statement, fuck you and unfriend me."

I'm sure every parent has this moment, but my kids are going to grow up in a fucked time.

Once the investigation is further along and more is learned, I think it will be shown of that these guys had combat training and skills and had been planning and coordinating this for some time, just waiting for the right moment.

The first thing I thought was this sounds like a professional job. Wouldn't be surprised at all if it was a job backed by any number of extremist groups. Something like this could have a much longer lasting impact than a suicide bombing.

...and on facebook, I see another wave of people announcing they're unfriending people that disagree with them! Do they not see that's part of the problem?!?! All this self segregation by ideology fuels extremism.

Bingo. Both sides are guilty of it and they don't see it.

...a black pedophile gets killed after resisting arrest and possibly reaching for his gun, CNN and MSNBC don't stfu about it for weeks?

yes I don't know a state where it's legal for convicted felons to be in the possession of firearms and I would imagine it's the same for Louisiana.

I guess the police were responding to a 911 hole where the caller complained that Sterling had threatened him with a firearm.

The video starts with Sterling being pinned by two cops; it's hard to imagine he got himself in that position by being compliant with what they were telling him.

Couple of life lessons:

1) if it's illegal for you to have a gun, don't have a gun.

2) if cops approach you and are giving you instructions, do what the fuck they're telling you to do.

Alton Sterling probably would've had a much better day if he had just done those two things.

As far as Castillo, we don't know enough details. We don't really know what the cop said to him that we don't really know if he was armed and if he had a concealed weapon permit. What we know is what the woman claimed in the video. It doesn't look that good for the cops though. Firing into a vehicle with two passengers including a child in the backseat seems to be highly unlikely to be procedural protocol.

It seems likely to me that the cop just panic, which is something cops are not supposed to do.

If you're going to panic in situations you shouldn't be a cop.

But we'll see what that investigation unearths.

I've read "the first rule of policing" as its called, is "make it home to dinner."

since police officers are only charged for killing someone in 0.001% of shootings and almost never convicted... what would you do if you were a cop? Oh, you "Feel threatened?" start shooting and don't stop until you feel safe. there can only be negative consequences to you if you don't kill 'em all and let the authorities sort them out.

http://wtkr.com/2015/10/29/mans-facebook-post-about-traffic-stop-goes-viral/
So, I?m driving to my office to turn in my weekly paperwork. A headlight is out. I see a Tucson Police Department squad vehicle turn around and follow me. I?m already preparing for the stop.

The lights go on and I pull over. The officer asks me how I?m doing, and then asks if I have any weapons.

?Yes, sir. I?m a concealed carry permit holder and my weapon is located on my right hip. My wallet is in my back-right pocket.?

The officer explains for his safety and mine, he needs to disarm me for the stop. I understand, and I unlock the vehicle. I explain that I?m running a 7TS ALS holster but from the angle, the second officer can?t unholster it. Lead officer asks me to step out, and I do so slowly. Officer relieves me of my Glock and compliments the X300U I?m running on it. He also sees my military ID and I tell him I?m with the National Guard.

Lead officer points out my registration card is out of date but he knows my registration is up to date. He goes back to run my license. I know he?s got me on at least two infractions. I?m thinking of how to pay them.

Officers return with my Glock in an evidence back, locked and cleared. ?Because you were cool with us and didn?t give us grief, I?m just going to leave it at a verbal warning. Get that headlight fixed as soon as possible.?

I smile. ?Thank you, sir.?

I?m a black man wearing a hoodie and strapped. According to certain social movements, I shouldn?t be alive right now because the police are allegedly out to kill minorities.

Maybe?just maybe?that notion is bunk.

Maybe if you treat police officers with respect, they will do the same to you.

Police officers are people, too. By far and large, most are good people and they?re not out to get you.

I?d like to thank those two officers and TPD in general for another professional contact.

We talk so much about the bad apples who shouldn?t be wearing a badge. I?d like to spread the word about an example of men who earned their badges and exemplify what that badge stands for.

#BlueLivesMatter #AllLivesMatter

Thought this was kind of interesting...

The first thing I thought was this sounds like a professional job. Wouldn't be surprised at all if it was a job backed by any number of extremist groups. Something like this could have a much longer lasting impact than a suicide bombing.

I read that the suspect the police cornered and killed with a bomb robot was ID'd as an Army vet. if the other suspects were as well (not sure how many there were or how the hell they got away) that would explain the marksmanship and ambush planning.

I read that the suspect the police cornered and killed with a bomb robot was ID'd as an Army vet. if the other suspects were as well (not sure how many there were or how the hell they got away) that would explain the marksmanship and ambush planning.

Yes I already predicted this in post # 15. The post you just quoted was a response to that post.

Last edited:
When the fuck did we start selling bomb robots to police.

What the fuck.

Seriously.

Fuck.

When the fuck did we start selling bomb robots to police.

What the fuck.

Seriously.

Fuck.

Dude I never see you use that kind of language!

Anyways I just firmed on the news. Dead shooters name was Mica Johnson.
Six years altogether in the military including a year in Afghanistan.

Yes I already predicted this in post # 15. The post you just quoted was a response to that post.

yes I know.

I didn't think it necessary to quote both, but I see now how you might feel like I didn't appreciate your post or gove credit where credit is due.

It was, for the record, very astute of you to recognize the ex-military connection here

yes I know.

I didn't think it necessary to quote both, but I see now how you might feel like I didn't appreciate your post or gove credit where credit is due.

It was, for the record, very astute of you to recognize the ex-military connection here

Oh I don't know if it was that astute.

The probability seemed pretty obvious to me from the start.

Back