Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Dallas blm protest incident

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dallas-robot-bomb-highlights-technology-policing-174913665.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAg207zlbCs#action=share

Washington (AFP) - The "bomb robot" killing of a suspected Dallas shooter may be the first lethal use of an automated device by American police, and underscores growing role of technology in law enforcement.

City police chief David Brown told reporters Friday that officials "saw no other option but to use our bomb robot" to detonate to avoid any further danger after sniper fire killed five Dallas officers.

It was not immediately clear what kind of device was used in Dallas, but it was widely believed to be the first time a robot was deployed in such a manner by US law enforcement.

"Yes, this is 1st use of robot in this way in policing," said a tweet from New America Foundation fellow Peter Singer, who heads a technology advisory firm and has written on 21st century warfare.

Singer noted that one device known as the Marcbot "has been ad hoc used this way by troops in Iraq."

Last edited:
sounds like a completely bullshit story. did anyone corroborate it?

"I?m a black man wearing a hoodie and strapped. According to certain social movements, I shouldn?t be alive right now because the police are allegedly out to kill minorities."​

who talks like that? he was wearing his hoody while driving? hood up?

I did a google search because I get so many email stories that turn out fake. This one appears to be a true story.

https://stevenhildreth.com/2015/12/22/arizona-concealed-carry-permits-yes-they-do-exist/

I doubt this is the first time something like this has happened, but with the publicity this will get, hostage situations going forward will have 1 less tool available. No more sending in a cell phone or communication robot.

I have no problem using a drone or robot

I do. Not talking about one particular use. I'm talking about down the road. Robots aren't gong to be stupid clunky bomb disposal robots forever. If Amazon works out how to do delivery with flying drones, prices for that level of automation will drop and the ability for a small number of people to control a large number of drones will be developed. Weaponized, that's more power than our government should have over its citizens.

I do. Not talking about one particular use. I'm talking about down the road. Robots aren't gong to be stupid clunky bomb disposal robots forever. If Amazon works out how to do delivery with flying drones, prices for that level of automation will drop and the ability for a small number of people to control a large number of drones will be developed. Weaponized, that's more power than our government should have over its citizens.

I guess I was thinking more along the lines of military use.

wikipedia article has been updated, and it sounds like it was just one (1) guy who did all the killing and wounding. damn. 5 dead, 12 wounded trained law enforcement officers by one guy.

it's insane.

get used to rationalizations about how a few dozen of us (or more) dying in drone-related accidents is the price we have to pay for security.

wikipedia article has been updated, and it sounds like it was just one (1) guy who did all the killing and wounding. damn. 5 dead, 12 wounded trained law enforcement officers by one guy.

looks like the Army National Guard trains their guys better than the Dallas PD.

Of course...he had a AR 15

looks like the Army National Guard trains their guys better than the Dallas PD.

Of course...he had a AR 15

i figured he had an assault rifle.

will gun nuts keep defending their right to bear assault weapons as vociferously when cops come out against them?

get ready for the conspriacy theories on this one to get even nuttier...

Last edited by a moderator:

There are supposedly three others in custody and aren't speaking..l we'll eventually find out he wasn't acting alone IMO

Last edited:

will gun nuts keep defending their right to bear assault weapons as vociferously when cops come out against them?

To be honest I'm very tempted to go out and get one myself, it's not about hunting or being a so called "gun nut" it about being able to shoot back if needed and defending ones home or family if shit hits the fan. If the roving bands of gangs have em I at least want a fighting chance.

I have yet to hear one reasonable argument for assault weapons being legal.

This dude was a suspect in the shooting

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/dallas-police-shooting-how-gun-8377435

If you are seen carrying around an assault rifle during a mass shooting you are going to be a suspect!

I think the point people are trying to make is that in general the main stream media does not cover it much if at all when it's a white victim that gets shot and killed unnecessarily by a cop.

How much coverage did this recent one get, did you even know about it?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ay-ground.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailus

What we all need to do is reject the politics of divide and concur soros backed fueling movements trying and kick start a civil war to bring about total globalist control. Awaken!

This is what bothers me from you TD. You say Soro's by name and yet fail to include any names from the divade you talk about like the Koch brothers , like the waltons ,and the other power brokers who are the problem . Keep the wages low and the poor in jail so we can fuel thed for profit prison systems .

There were 800 lobbyist before Regan and with ALL administration thereafter we are up to 30,000 plus in this hyper aggressive country where cash can be offered through campaign contributions to fuel the corporate elite . NORWAY IS CLOSING PRISONS.

The man said he was working alone and wasnt apart of any organization when questioned by officers during the standoff...now he could have easily been lying to try and cover for his associates, but I think he prob was truthful in that regard. The three others in custody were caught driving away and had (allegedly) assault weapons in their trunk. Could have been people who were legally carrying and got spooked by the gun fire, and packed up/drove away quickly, or they could have been associated with him - we will probably find out very soon.

This is what bothers me from you TD. You say Soro's by name and yet fail to include any names from the divade you talk about like the Koch brothers , like the waltons ,and the other power brokers who are the problem . Keep the wages low and the poor in jail so we can fuel thed for profit prison systems .

There were 800 lobbyist before Regan and with ALL administration thereafter we are up to 30,000 plus in this hyper aggressive country where cash can be offered through campaign contributions to fuel the corporate elite . NORWAY IS CLOSING PRISONS.

Soros is at the top of it IMO Bob...but hey I still have hope that trump truly is anti elite globalist..You and I both know Hillary isn't, those Koch brothers don't seem to like him do they?

http://us.blastingnews.com/news/201...s-gop-mega-donors-under-the-bus-00897385.html

http://fortune.com/2016/06/30/paul-singer-depression/

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/charles-koch-money-senate-gop-224499

Hey that's a good thing! Why do I bother you? Sorry if it bothers you bob

Sounds to me like the Koch brothers a backing Hillary then will try to keep her check by supporting congressional races. They prefer Hillary what's that tell ya

Last edited:
To be honest I'm very tempted to go out and get one myself, it's not about hunting or being a so called "gun nut" it about being able to shoot back if needed and defending ones home or family if shit hits the fan. If the roving bands of gangs have em I at least want a fighting chance.

Im all for peoples gun rights, and I know plenty of people who own them. I enjoy going out to my buddies cabin up north and shooting targets, but I personally will never own a gun, as I think the risks outweigh the benefit.

That guy in the video had his name/picture thrown on national TV as being a suspected Police Murderer because he was carrying an AR. He could have very easily been shot by a nervous police officer or civilian who took the news as gospel and thought they were 'being a hero'.
He is extremely lucky that his brother was watching the News and called him before anything bad happened so he could turn over his gun and clear the air with cops.

I remember listening to an interview from an army vet who was at the college in Oregon that got shot up last year. He had a gun on him, and he said he told his classmates that he would try to protect them if the shooter came in, but that he wasn't going to run out into the halls and try to confront the killer, because he knew the SWAT team was en route, and he didn't want to be confused for the killer and shot down by them.

The facts of the matter are guns make most people nervous - it doesnt matter what your intention is, or how responsible you are. You are a stranger to 99.99% of the people you see on a daily basis. All it takes is one person to think you look dangerous, fear for their safety, or confuse you for a terrorist, and you might be shot.

I believe firmly in the 2nd amendment, but for those reasons I wont over a gun or carry one in public.

Last edited:
Im all for peoples gun rights, and I know plenty of people who own them. I enjoy going out to my buddies cabin up north and shooting targets, but I personally will never own a gun, as I think the risks outweigh the benefit.

That guy in the video had his name/picture thrown on national TV as being a suspected Police Murderer because he was carrying an AR. He could have very easily been shot by a nervous police officer or civilian who took the news as gospel and thought they were 'being a hero'.
He is extremely lucky that his brother was watching the News and called him before anything bad happened so he could turn over his gun and clear the air with cops.

I remember listening to an interview from an army vet who was at the college in Oregon that got shot up last year. He had a gun on him, and he said he told his classmates that he would try to protect them if the shooter came in, but that he wasn't going to run out into the halls and try to confront the killer, because he knew the SWAT team was en route, and he didn't want to be confused for the killer and shot down by them.

The facts of the matter are guns make most people nervous - it doesnt matter what your intention is, or how responsible you are. You are a stranger to 99.99% of the people you see on a daily basis. All it takes is one person to think you look dangerous, fear for their safety, or confuse you for a terrorist, and you might be shot.

I believe firmly in the 2nd amendment, but for those reasons I wont over a gun or carry one in public.

I hear ya, last thing a person should do is walk around in public at a protest rally like that that. Pretty stupid..I'm not talking about open or concealed carry, I've never owned a weapon and really don't want to either just simplying talking about keeping locked up in the home just in case civil war breaks out and roveing bands of gangs try to take over the Neighborhood.

Last edited:

I think you watch too much TV.

or read too many InfoWars articles.

that stuff is all unhinged from reality.

...or maybe I am one of them, trying to get you to let your guard down so me and my roving band of gangs can come plunder all your riches? hmmm...

Back