Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Masks Are Coming Off

Bro, it's all about peace. Get rid of cops so they can turn minority neighborhoods into even bigger shit holes where criminals and thugs run the place. Fuck Crowell and every single BLM supporter.

If Crowell wants to know why "Phillando" got shot, it's because of shit like this https://youtu.be/bIQ75B_04sM

Window three inches down. Two hands on the wheel. Speak when spoken to. Yes or no answers. Comply with all requests. Ask permission to remove hands. Inform where they are going. Move them slowly and deliberately. It's not rocket surgery.

You would think this goes without saying but first, don't break the law. Then...

Window three inches down. Two hands on the wheel. Speak when spoken to. Yes or no answers. Comply with all requests. Ask permission to remove hands. Inform where they are going. Move them slowly and deliberately. It's not rocket surgery.

...and when the officer gives you conflicting instructions, then shoots you five times for failing to comply and making the officer "feel threatened," thank the officer for the free bullets, keep your mouth shut, and die.

...and when the officer gives you conflicting instructions, then shoots you five times for failing to comply and making the officer "feel threatened," thank the officer for the free bullets, keep your mouth shut, and die.

You cannot say with any certainty what occurred.

I got pulled over as a 19yr old back home in TC for the summer of 1992 ..buddy of mine and I had been drinking beers down by the Boardman River with some girls before going to a bar for 18+ night..

It wasn't all that long after Rodney King and I will never forget when the cop said to us (verbatim), "As long as you continue to cooperate, nobody is going to have to get hurt."

We were scared shitless and my buddy's Dad was the President of the National Association of Police Officers (NAPO) and a long time Detroit Police officer...

I got pulled over as a 19yr old back home in TC for the summer of 1992 ..buddy of mine and I had been drinking beers down by the Boardman River with some girls before going to a bar for 18+ night..

It wasn't all that long after Rodney King and I will never forget when the cop said to us (verbatim), "As long as you continue to cooperate, nobody is going to have to get hurt."

We were scared shitless and my buddy's Dad was the President of the National Association of Police Officers (NAPO) and a long time Detroit Police officer...

imagine how much it would suck if he yelled to keep your hands where he could see them, then demanded you hand him your wallet, then yelled again to keep your hands where he could see them again, then shot you and your friend to death for no reason, while you were both confused and attempting to comply.

then nothing happened to him because the favorable pro-cop laws and officials in the county gave him 30 days to get an attorney (a good one, paid for by the county) & respond to the allegations (all while he was on paid leave). then the local D.A. convened a grand jury to decide whether to indict or not, while presenting only the officer's testimony, after which the grand jury declined to indict.

then on top of all that, a bunch of racist dickheads on the internet attacked you and your friend and defended the cop because they considered all members of your race to be lazy criminals.

all that would totally suck.

You cannot say with any certainty what occurred.

The Sterling situation and the Castillo situation are substantially different. Castillo was pulled over on a vehicle safety violation. The chick said on the video the guy had a permit for the weapon; I haven't heard that confirmed.

We don't know what happened. We know what the chick said on the video and what the cop said on the video.

We know that having a firearm was a violation of Sterling's probation. We know Sterling came to the attention of law enforcement through a 911 complaint that he was creating a dangerous situation with that firearm. It doesn't make sense, from the video,
that Sterling had been cooperative with the police.

People with an agenda seem to want to lump all these situations and re-write the facts to conform with the desired narrative.

The Sterling situation and the Castillo situation are substantially different. Castillo was pulled over on a vehicle safety violation. The chick said on the video the guy had a permit for the weapon; I haven't heard that confirmed.

We don't know what happened. We know what the chick said on the video and what the cop said on the video.

I find it very curious that his GF made a video while Castile was bleeding out. And did not capture the actual shooting. IDK.

I find it very curious that his GF made a video while Castile was bleeding out. And did not capture the actual shooting. IDK.

You mean you've never videoed yourself in a car while somebody was bleeding to death next to you?

when I was 18, three of us were drinking beers and getting baked on a pier at Belle Isle late in the day in the summer. You didn't want to be on Belle Isle after dark in the late 80s - especially if you were a bunch of suburban white boys so we split before the sun started going down. As we were walking back to the car with about 18 beers left in the case and all 3 of us probably holding, we saw two Detroit Cops waiting for us at the end of the pier. It was painfully obvious we weren't 21. One cop says "Gentlemen, I'm going to flip a coin. Heads, we take your beer and you're gonna get the f out of here and go back to Grosse Pointe. Tails, we're going to kick the shit out of you, take your beer and you're gonna get the f out of here and go back to Grosse Pointe." I was thinking "please be heads, please be heads" over and over and then my dumbass friend goes "how do you know we're from Grosse Pointe?"

Never saw the coin - they took our beer, even thanked us for it and each cracked one open in front of us, followed us to my friend's car and followed us out of Belle Isle. I remember thinking at the time that Detroit cops are pretty cool - sure they stole our beer but it coulda been a lot worse even if they weren't going to beat the crap out of us...

imagine how much it would suck if he yelled to keep your hands where he could see them, then demanded you hand him your wallet, then yelled again to keep your hands where he could see them again, then shot you and your friend to death for no reason, while you were both confused and attempting to comply.

then nothing happened to him because the favorable pro-cop laws and officials in the county gave him 30 days to get an attorney (a good one, paid for by the county) & respond to the allegations (all while he was on paid leave). then the local D.A. convened a grand jury to decide whether to indict or not, while presenting only the officer's testimony, after which the grand jury declined to indict.

then on top of all that, a bunch of racist dickheads on the internet attacked you and your friend and defended the cop because they considered all members of your race to be lazy criminals.

all that would totally suck.

now imagine a world where there a bunch of people dumb enough to believe this happens all the time or even somewhat regularly and by the way, only or disproportionately to black people because of systemic, institutionalized racism despite zero evidence to support it. And further imagine that there were enough of those idiots in the media and on the internet to stir up shit about a problem that doesn't exist leading to riots and racist retaliatory strikes resulting in millions of dollars of property destruction in the neighborhoods that can least afford it and the loss of multiple innocent lives of police officers protecting people protesting that very problem that doesn't exist.

All that totally sucks.

Last edited:
when I was 18, three of us were drinking beers and getting baked on a pier at Belle Isle late in the day in the summer. You didn't want to be on Belle Isle after dark in the late 80s - especially if you were a bunch of suburban white boys so we split before the sun started going down. As we were walking back to the car with about 18 beers left in the case and all 3 of us probably holding, we saw two Detroit Cops waiting for us at the end of the pier. It was painfully obvious we weren't 21. One cop says "Gentlemen, I'm going to flip a coin. Heads, we take your beer and you're gonna get the f out of here and go back to Grosse Pointe. Tails, we're going to kick the shit out of you, take your beer and you're gonna get the f out of here and go back to Grosse Pointe." I was thinking "please be heads, please be heads" over and over and then my dumbass friend goes "how do you know we're from Grosse Pointe?"

Never saw the coin - they took our beer, even thanked us for it and each cracked one open in front of us, followed us to my friend's car and followed us out of Belle Isle. I remember thinking at the time that Detroit cops are pretty cool - sure they stole our beer but it coulda been a lot worse even if they weren't going to beat the crap out of us...

good thing you were white... if you were black, they WOULDVE just kicked the shit out of the three of you and taken your beer without question. and then arrested you for trespassing, loitering, resisting arrest, minors possessing alcohol, etc. and you would've all spent the night in juvy

good thing you were white... if you were black, they WOULDVE just kicked the shit out of the three of you and taken your beer without question. and then arrested you for trespassing, loitering, resisting arrest, minors possessing alcohol, etc. and you would've all spent the night in juvy

good thing you're still clinging to that disproved narrative. And what do you mean were? I'm still white.

Another good one - on our way downtown for the fireworks we stopped at a party store that would sell to underage kids (any party store in Detroit basically) and picked up a case of beer. My buddy put it in the trunk and got back in the back seat. Suddenly as we're about to back out a cop taps the driver's window with his flashlight. My buddy rolls down the window and the cop asks each of us how old we are - we all tell the truth (19). The cop notices a 35mm film canister on the console, reaches in and grabs it, then tells my buddy to open the trunk. He grabs 4 beers, 2 each for him and his partner and gets in his car. Again, as we're about to pull away the cop comes back, throws the film canister back in the car and says "I can't take a man's last roaches" then takes off.

good thing you're still clinging to that disproved narrative. And what do you mean were? I'm still white.

Another good one - on our way downtown for the fireworks we stopped at a party store that would sell to underage kids (any party store in Detroit basically) and picked up a case of beer. My buddy put it in the trunk and got back in the back seat. Suddenly as we're about to back out a cop taps the driver's window with his flashlight. My buddy rolls down the window and the cop asks each of us how old we are - we all tell the truth (19). The cop notices a 35mm film canister on the console, reaches in and grabs it, then tells my buddy to open the trunk. He grabs 4 beers, 2 each for him and his partner and gets in his car. Again, as we're about to pull away the cop comes back, throws the film canister back in the car and says "I can't take a man's last roaches" then takes off.

whoa, totally rad story, bro! cops are so cool!

well, assuming... you know...

Lmfao!

I love when people make assumptions about what would have happened if someone was a different skin color.

I can play that game, too. If the cop that pulled me over for not wearing a seat belt was black, I would probably be dead. For no reason other than the fact that I was white. Couldn't possibly be for any other reason. Nope.

Cops love killing them some blacks, cuz the KKK and slavery have existed. They don't care about their own lives, just about killing black people. They don't care about the death threats that will come their way, or about a possible prison sentence or losing their career . Nahhhh, just kill the black guys. That's important.

Stop cherry picking deaths by cop based on race. Twice as many white people are killed by cops each year, but you never see the media coverage on those. This is why it seems so unfair.

Back