Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Why 'Those People' are Voting For Trump

I don't know...she voted for Jesse Jackson. She has lost some credibility with me. I need to find out her stance on gay marriage, gun control, Islamic extremists, etc.

On second thought...if you endorse her, she has my vote!

Gay Marriage - Episcopalian so no problem, though I don't know that she ever performed a same sex ceremony. She did marry my sister to her buckeye husband, so decide if that's more egregious.

Gun Control - She used to say that knowing how to hunt and use a gun was a life skill but she in no way likes what's going on these days and thinks the 2nd Amendment was for a time when bears and Indians might attack your land and you needed to bear arms.

Islamic extremists - Probably the most complex issue based on being a member of the clergy. When we were kids she took us to a very black Baptist Church in Chicago ...to Jewish Temple ...some horribly depressing Missouri Synod Lutheran Church and to a fair number of Catholic services (though they denied us communion because they're arrogant bastards!) so we could see different denominations/religions for ourselves and looking back, that was pretty cool. I think she's really saddened by the state of things when it comes to ISIS and the recent attacks. She's just sad about it, but forgiving as a good Christian.

She's also got a slight tinge of dementia which can at times be funny but in the end is a bit sad.

Still, she'd be a better President than either of the "presumptive nominees"

:cheers:

Gay Marriage - Episcopalian so no problem, though I don't know that she ever performed a same sex ceremony. She did marry my sister to her buckeye husband, so decide if that's more egregious.

Gun Control - She used to say that knowing how to hunt and use a gun was a life skill but she in no way likes what's going on these days and thinks the 2nd Amendment was for a time when bears and Indians might attack your land and you needed to bear arms.

Islamic extremists - Probably the most complex issue based on being a member of the clergy. When we were kids she took us to a very black Baptist Church in Chicago ...to Jewish Temple ...some horribly depressing Missouri Synod Lutheran Church and to a fair number of Catholic services (though they denied us communion because they're arrogant bastards!) so we could see different denominations/religions for ourselves and looking back, that was pretty cool. I think she's really saddened by the state of things when it comes to ISIS and the recent attacks. She's just sad about it, but forgiving as a good Christian.

She's also got a slight tinge of dementia which can at times be funny but in the end is a bit sad.

Still, she'd be a better President than either of the "presumptive nominees"

Sure hope she doesn't have true dementia but just a little "old-timers"

She sounds like a candidate I could support. Since we have two turds on the ticket I think will just write in "Little Vic's Grandma" on my ballot.

...and to a fair number of Catholic services (though they denied us communion because they're arrogant bastards!)...

Really?

I was raised Catholic and went to Mass and I guess I know that non-Catholic guests aren't supposed to take communion but I never saw any priest checking for Catholic ID.

I stopped going to Mass as an adult for the most part but I continued to and occasionally still do go to Mass when a family event is involved.

I don't take communion though-it's very unhygienic and it really grosses me out-although I think I might have taken communion at my moms funeral a little over three years ago.

That said, I'm pretty sure if you're Catholic or not, all you have to do is, when the time comes, get in line, and when it's your turn, walk up to the priest and stick your tongue out at him.

That said, I'm pretty sure if you're Catholic or not, all you have to do is, when the time comes, get in line, and when it's your turn, walk up to the priest and stick your tongue out at him.

As I've seen, he'll shove that disgusting wafer down your throat with his 100 times licked upon by other people fingers no questions asked.

Really?

I was raised Catholic and went to Mass and I guess I know that non-Catholic guests aren't supposed to take communion but I never saw any priest checking for Catholic ID.

I stopped going to Mass as an adult for the most part but I continued to and occasionally still do go to Mass when a family event is involved.

I don't take communion though-it's very unhygienic and it really grosses me out-although I think I might have taken communion at my moms funeral a little over three years ago.

As I've seen, he'll shove that disgusting wafer down your throat with his 100 times licked upon by other people fingers no questions asked.

If you are a little boy he will give you a big swig of wine too!

IMO the whole trump is racist stuff is overblown and out of context he is not racist just because he wants to secure the boarder and make immigrants follow the law..I'm sure as hells bells not voting for Hillary for many reasons, her being a woman is NOT one of them!

by the end of the day you'll all end up voting for trump! Even michchamp!

Nope not voting for Trump, and I totally disagree about Trump not being a racist.

Really?

I've probably seen a grand total of 3 non-clergy stick their tongues out in the last 20 years. You put your hands out, one in the other, palms up, and they put in in your hands.

Back