Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

50 Former WWE wrestlers Sue

Don't wrestle. They know it's dangerous..do it for the money and now they sue. Hope they all lose.

Don't wrestle. They know it's dangerous..do it for the money and now they sue. Hope they all lose.

Idiotic statement.

You think wrestlers knew about a disease that wasn't known when they were wrestling? Sure, they should know they may have lasting after effects, but not something like CTE.

Fact is no one knew about CTE, not the WWE, not the Wrestlers, not even Scientists. But, you're right fuck them and their lives.

Idiotic statement.

You think wrestlers knew about a disease that wasn't known when they were wrestling? Sure, they should know they may have lasting after effects, but not something like CTE.

Fact is no one knew about CTE, not the WWE, not the Wrestlers, not even Scientists. But, you're right fuck them and their lives.

no....they probably didn't know about CTE...but any moron should know that it isn't good for your brain to have a chair smashed over your dome.

Of course you may have said it best....nobody knew about CTE..."not the WWE, not the Wrestlers, not even Scientists"....so why are they suing them other than a money grab?

To me it is total bullshit.

no....they probably didn't know about CTE...but any moron should know that it isn't good for your brain to have a chair smashed over your dome.

Of course you may have said it best....nobody knew about CTE..."not the WWE, not the Wrestlers, not even Scientists"....so why are they suing them other than a money grab?

To me it is total bullshit.

You obviously don't know anything about the ugly side of professional wrestling. Look into it, it's scary.

If your employer told you doing something was fine, had medical staff tell you the same, then it turns out you get to die 20-40 years earlier. You may be mad. Even more-so when if you complain, or need to take time off work it would put you on the street...

Don't be naive.

You obviously don't know anything about the ugly side of professional wrestling. Look into it, it's scary.

If your employer told you doing something was fine, had medical staff tell you the same, then it turns out you get to die 20-40 years earlier. You may be mad. Even more-so when if you complain, or need to take time off work it would put you on the street...

Don't be naive.

The difference between me and a professional wrestler is I'm not a moron. I know that the things that they do would put my body at risk. How could anyone with half a brain NOT know what they were doing was dangerous. I don't know how you couldn't unless you are an imbecile.

I have no sympathy for them.

The difference between me and a professional wrestler is I'm not a moron. I know that the things that they do would put my body at risk. How could anyone with half a brain NOT know what they were doing was dangerous. I don't know how you couldn't unless you are an imbecile.

I have no sympathy for them.

Yeah, I bet you don't. Says a lot about you. I'm sorry.

Yeah, I bet you don't. Says a lot about you. I'm sorry.

These guys knew they were putting their health in jeopardy for a big payday...if you don't think they knew they were risking their long term health, you are the one that is naive.

Zoom must be a former wrestler and knows someone. I think Tom said it about your point.. if no one knew about CTE, even the scientists and the people in charge at WWE - how can they be sued? What's their case?

The difference between me and a professional wrestler is I'm not a moron.

Really? That's the only difference? You're as giant and fit and acrobatic as those guys are?

Do you think you could actually get a job doing that shit if you wanted to?

Maybe you could, I don't know, but it looks to me from what I see those guys have a certain particular skill set that most people don't have.

Really? That's the only difference? You're as giant and fit and acrobatic as those guys are?

Do you think you could actually get a job doing that shit if you wanted to?

Maybe you could, I don't know, but it looks to me from what I see those guys have a certain particular skill set that most people don't have.

I think most are fit. But you can also be a big fat blob and become a WWE wrestler. Maybe Tom's a big fat blob?

I think most are fit. But you can also be a big fat blob and become a WWE wrestler. Maybe Tom's a big fat blob?

Who knows?

A cursory search of the inter-webs indicates that it's a very difficult business to get into, with a lot of effort and struggle before a person starts making any money.

It's kind of like a cross between sports and performance arts, both of which are hard as shit businesses to get paying jobs in.

Also most of the blobs are still pretty agile, not unlike Melissa McCarthy and the Belushi brothers and John what's his name who was the dad on Roseanne.

I hope the rake Vince McMahon and the wwe over the coals and empty thier pockets.

I hope the rake Vince McMahon and the wwe over the coals and empty thier pockets.

3mjjFS4.gif

Who knows?

A cursory search of the inter-webs indicates that it's a very difficult business to get into, with a lot of effort and struggle before a person starts making any money.

It's kind of like a cross between sports and performance arts, both of which are hard as shit businesses to get paying jobs in.

Also most of the blobs are still pretty agile, not unlike Melissa McCarthy and the Belushi brothers and John what's his name who was the dad on Roseanne.

I was thinking more like Andre the Giant, Dusty Rhodes, Mabel etc.

Zoom must be a former wrestler and knows someone. I think Tom said it about your point.. if no one knew about CTE, even the scientists and the people in charge at WWE - how can they be sued? What's their case?

In the case of the NFL, the claim is that they did know:

"These techniques were condoned by the NFL and/or not significantly condemned by the NFL, despite the defendant's awareness that this practice was causing an increased risk in repeated head trauma leading to CTE among players."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/29/health/nfl-cte-scroggins-lawsuit/

For this suit, that's a part of it, but I'm not sure the case is as strong.

"Among the ways the suit alleges that the WWE knew about the long-term damage of CTE is a 1995 TV broadcast with Shawn "Heartbreak Kid" Michaels that saw the wrestler returning to action with an actor posing as a doctor warning him about post-concussion issues. Michaels is not named as a plaintiff in the suit."

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...-civil-suit-against-wwe-over-concussions-cte/

In the case of the NFL, the claim is that they did know:

"These techniques were condoned by the NFL and/or not significantly condemned by the NFL, despite the defendant's awareness that this practice was causing an increased risk in repeated head trauma leading to CTE among players."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/29/health/nfl-cte-scroggins-lawsuit/

For this suit, that's a part of it, but I'm not sure the case is as strong.

"Among the ways the suit alleges that the WWE knew about the long-term damage of CTE is a 1995 TV broadcast with Shawn "Heartbreak Kid" Michaels that saw the wrestler returning to action with an actor posing as a doctor warning him about post-concussion issues. Michaels is not named as a plaintiff in the suit."

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...-civil-suit-against-wwe-over-concussions-cte/

I was basing my post on Zoom's claim that the people in WWE, no one knew. Even the higher ups. So I'm wondering how do they get them? Based on no one knowing.

Back