Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Sweden vs Usa quarterfinals

biggunsbob

United States lackluster olympics continues as they trail 1-0 with only 25 minutes left. Thier offense has been putird today and has been in all of these gamss. If they Lose this game they are out of the olympics.

Last edited:
Goal !!!!!!!!!!! Morgan !!!!!!!! 1-1 off a busted play. Sweden player went down hurt and no call sweden let down for a second thinking usa was going to kick it out of bounds and a ball went off a Swedish players chest right to Morgan who banged it home.

Last edited:
Finally some sustained pressure. So close to leading goal.wish we would get more balls on net. To many high shots by us.

But the comers have not been great..

Last edited:
Extra time. Two 15 minute periods
1-1 after first 15 minutes.

Last edited:
Usa offense is spotty at best in the extra time. No real sustained pressure .

Usa goal disallowed . Calling a foul on Lyold. Close call . No goal.didn't look bad to me.
Then sweden player called for offsides and it was close. They say she wasnt.but no goal.

Last edited:
I'm worried about a penalty shootout because all of our shots seem very high to me.

Shootout. First time in olympic soccer history.

Awful performance by the usa team so far in my opinion. Lack of focus and energy to start the game .they picked it up once they were down but in extra time the offense was not very good.

Usa..misss.
Sweden makes.

Usa makes.
Sweden makes.

Usa makes.
Sweden misses.

Usa makes.
Sweden makes.

Usa misses. ( HIGH LIKE I PREDICTED )
Sweden makes.

Usa gags in quarterfinals awful game all around.

Last edited:
Fomer usa coach beats American again. Or at least have not beaten her right ?

They deserved to lose. Good wake up call for the program.

I agree they were awful today. Poorly coached . Poor tactics and way to many high shots on goal. They need a new coach in my opinion? They are way to lazy at the start of games.

Last edited:
I agree they were awful today. Poorly coached . Poor tacticsa and way to many high shots on goal. They need a new coach in my opinion? They are way to lazy at the start of games.

Winning always ends up making a team complacent. The talent gap has just covered their ass for a long time. They looked unmotivated in every game so far.

I always appreciate Bob's threads and comments. It's very useful for someone who's not watching or came late. So thanks.

Winning always ends up making a team complacent. The talent gap has just covered their ass for a long time. They looked unmotivated in every game so far.

Yeah great catch ..they looked very unmotivated. Good call. That is where a coach has to get off his or hers ass and do some motivating. I just do not see it from our coach .. she has the best talent like you said but sometimes you have to fire up players somehow..

Last edited:
Back