Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Sweden vs Usa quarterfinals

It was frustrating to watch because we have so many better players then sweden. Cant belive we only a scored 1 goal.

It was frustrating to watch because we have so many better players then sweden. Cant belive we only a scored 1 goal.

I read that their 3 losses over the years have all been against Scandinavian teams.

Former coach is now 2-0-2 verses American . So we can't beat her.

Poor loser..what a snotty bitch.

Hope Solo didn't hold back after US exit in pk shootout vs. Sweden: "I thought we played a courageous game. I thought we had many opportunities on goal. I think we showed a lot of heart. We came back from a goal down, I'm very proud of this team. And I also think we played a bunch of cowards. The best team did not win today, I strongly, firmly believe that."

Last edited:
Yeah i heard that. She needs to take the high road and shutup and your right she sounded terrible.. USA former coach is in thier heads.. she is 2-0-2 and sweden's clutch and grab fouling type system really befuddled our players. They sat back and made thier 1 counter attack count sadly for a goal. They Had No Other Real Chances IN Regulation At all. We Shot high All game. Our corners were poor and our coach just freaking sat there with no real adjustment from what I saw sadly.

Last edited:
Official response from Sweden coach Pia Sundhage:
"I don't give a shit. I'm going to Rio, she's going home"

Fuck Butthole (err Hope) Solo. She is literally one of the last people I want representing my country. Not only is she a terrible sport, but shes a worse human being.

USA outshot Sweden 27 - 3 and still lost. Solo finished the game with 0 saves (Sweden only had 1 shot on goal). Fucking ZERO saves. She should be apologizing to the team for being terrible at her job, not making America look like a bunch of entitled Assholes to the rest of the World - we already have two Politicians doing an excellent job at that

Last edited:
Hope Solo is a poor excuse for a human being. I'm glad they lost. That team forgot who they are long ago.

Hope Solo is a total bitch. Way to embarrass our country on the biggest stage with your ridiculous comments. Go back to your shitty excuse of a marriage with your loser husband and shut the hell up.

I haven't been watching soccer, but in the recap of the loss, I was surprised to see that hope solo was even still on the team.

I thought she was still in jail.

Women don't do time for assault generally.

Well she assaulted her NFL player husband, but then later she allegedly assaulted her "estranged" sister.

Rule of thumb - if you're estranged from a sibling, do not try to make amends.

There was a really really good reason you became estranged.

Back