Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Rod Richriguez "disappointed" in 1-1 start

I wonder if Arizona fans are having epic debates on the viability of RichRod as a coach? Is there a faction who remembers the halcyon days of Dick Tomey opposed to another faction that said "anyone could win 9 games a year at Arizona with the talent they had"?? And I wonder what they say about his tenure in Ann Arbor?

Are the excuses the same? Does he still need time to get his players there? Is the defense someone else's fault? Is he not getting the "support" he needs to win from AZ fans? Did the previous coach intentionally leave the cupboard bare to spite him? Is the previous coach spreading nasty rumors about him? Did he not bring in a strength and conditioning coach who would make the players so strong they would just blow everyone off the field by touching them?

I guess we'll never know. Maybe one of us can explore an AZ football message board somewhere on the dark confines of the web and bring back the answers we seek.

Last edited by a moderator:
"They went for it on fourth-and-short four times against the Tigers but converted only once. Rodriguez said the success rate should be 80-90 percent in those situations."

So the players arrive early for meetings, pay attention and practice hard but the team barely beat Grambling and went 1/4 on 4th Down attempts..?

LOL ... I bet Hawaii beats them

I wonder if Arizona fans are having epic debates on the viability of RichRod as a coach? Is there a faction who remembers the halcyon days of Dick Tomey opposed to another faction that said "anyone could win 9 games a year at Arizona with the talent they had"?? And I wonder what they say about his tenure in Ann Arbor?

Are the excuses the same? Does he still need time to get his players there? Is the defense someone else's fault? Is he not getting the "support" he needs to win from AZ fans? Did the previous coach intentionally leave the cupboard bare to spite him? Is the previous coach spreading nasty rumors about him? Did he not bring in a strength and conditioning coach who would make the players so strong they would just blow everyone off the field by touching them?

I guess we'll never know. Maybe one of us can explore an AZ football message board somewhere on the dark confines of the web and bring back the answers we seek.

I think even UA fans (the ones I know in Phoenix and my cousin) are starting to tire of the mediocrity in part because he was sold as being the 'right guy' to come in to the Defense-less Pac-12 and put up 70pts per game like Oregon.

But, instead, he's done what happened at Michigan and to a degree at WVU - his teams lose games that they should win, make no adjustments during the game, play no defense and aren't recruiting all that well given the talent in AZ (Scottsdale/Phoenix) and SoCal.

He's also gone through assistants and aside from dominating the New Mexico Bowl, is doing as bad as he's done anywhere but Michigan.

Last edited:
they were down 21-3 against Grambling at the end of the first half.

RichRodriguez = bad football coach.

I expect it will only get worse for him, since the excuse making and tossing everyone under the bus will unravel team morale, and create a toxic environment there. certainly not going to make winning any easier.

Last edited by a moderator:
when i played pee wee football, they taught us how to tackle. running tackling drills has to be one of the most basic of football coaching skills.

Back