Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

VS Michigan

Played good team defense today. The Ward thing is bothering me though. Seems like a carbon copy of Davis last year. Only we don't have Costello and Schilling taking his minutes. It's Goins and VanDyk lol

Played good team defense today. The Ward thing is bothering me though. Seems like a carbon copy of Davis last year. Only we don't have Costello and Schilling taking his minutes. It's Goins and VanDyk lol

Which is absolutely inexcusable. VanDyk should never see the floor unless there's an injury or major foul trouble.

it wasn't much better last year - Costello and Schilling were going to play either way. A lot of Davis' minutes went to goins and wollenman...

it wasn't much better last year - Costello and Schilling were going to play either way. A lot of Davis' minutes went to goins and wollenman...

Yeah, I meant that at least we still had a post presence on the floor when Davis sat.

After the game Izzo gave some lame "trying to go offense/defense swapping with Ward and Goins and it was hard to get Ward back in at times"

Again, if I'm Bowen, I'm going to Arizona

Speaking of Bowen, he's on his official currently with us. Suddenly we just offered 3 star guard Greg Elliot out of Detroit after the game. Hmmmmmm

This is just a problem, Ward played 16 minutes 6-6 from the floor, 2 boards and 13 points

Goins 25 minutes 1-3 from the floor 2 points and 2 boards.

Someone needs to post these items on Izzos office door after every game until the light clicks on.

Ward needs 25 minutes Winston needs 27-30

Last edited:
This is just a problem, Ward played 16 minutes 6-6 from the floor, 2 boards and 13 points

Goins 25 minutes 1-3 from the floor 2 points and 2 boards.

Someone needs to post these items on Izzos office door after every game until the light clicks on.

Ward needs 25 minutes Winston needs 27-30

We have 6 guys averaging at least 20 minutes a game.

......Ward isn't one of them.

That is just bad coaching.

We have 6 guys averaging at least 20 minutes a game.

......Ward isn't one of them.

That is just bad coaching.

No doubt about it. The pick and roll with Winston and Ward is so deadly. I wish there was a breakdown of exactly how efficient it is. Unfortunetly we barely see the duo out there together much. Goins is a liability on the offensive and defensive end.

Back