Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2011 Game predictions

DoctorDetroit124 said:
seems like a easy home schedule just have UofM and Wisconsin are the only compitition at home.

W
W
L
W
L
L
L
L
W
L
W
W

Now this guy knows what he's talking about.... no surprise he's a doctor.

I seriously dont know where you guys get that we will end up with 6 and 6

At best your an 8 win team. I highly doubt you can fake a punt and a FG this year. I have some sparty friends that are talking NC and at worst B10 title. I am not sure if U of M will win this year but I can promise you this you will not roll U of M like that again. Hoke wont let that happen.

wheels002 said:
At best your an 8 win team. I highly doubt you can fake a punt and a FG this year. I have some sparty friends that are talking NC and at worst B10 title. I am not sure if U of M will win this year but I can promise you this you will not roll U of M like that again. Hoke wont let that happen.

Your friends I think are a little over the top on their predictions although as a fan I want a NC as much as anyone, But I think at best a B10 title, they seem to forget we have to thru nebraska in Lincoln and iowa in iowa city!!!!

I am stick with my predictions...I am hoping that we can overtake OSU but all the cards would have to fall in our favor but that is a a long shot. The winsconsin game is in EL and you can bet we will be ready for winny

Like I said I went out on a limb and said they'd lose to ND AND Michigan. Honestly I think they'll go 7-5... 8 wins is the ceiling to me.

vs. Younstown St. W
vs Florida Atlantic W
@ Notre Dame W- 6 of 7 @ ND, 10 of 14 overall, and more talented
vs Central Michigan W
@ Ohio St. W- homer pick, but hard to say what tOSU will look like missing some of it's best players
vs Michigan W- D is still awful, MSU is more talented offensively, and it's at home, win easily
vs Wisconsin W- equal teams, but night game at SS, slight edge
@ Nebraska L- probably going to get jailsexed
vs Minnesota W
@ Iowa L- can't beat them on the road
vs Indiana W
@ Northwestern W- will be tough, but they have trouble finishing

10-2 (6-2) but probably 9-3 (5-3) with a loss against Wiscy or tOSU

WMU- W
ND- W
EMU- W
SDSU- W
MIN - W
NW- L
MSU- W
Pur - W
Iowa- L
Illinois-W
neb-L
OSU- L

In my heart of hearts I know we're going to stumble for 1 or 2 more losses but just looking at the teams, that what I'm predicting. Seems like too many wins in a row lol I

Beez said:
WMU- W
ND- W
EMU- W
SDSU- W
MIN - W
NW- L
MSU- W
Pur - W
Iowa- L
Illinois-W
neb-L
OSU- L

In my heart of hearts I know we're going to stumble for 1 or 2 more losses but just looking at the teams, that what I'm predicting. Seems like too many wins in a row lol I

the SDSU is that BH's doing or was that on the schedule before he came?

jh1spartanfan said:
vs. Younstown St. W
vs Florida Atlantic W
@ Notre Dame W- 6 of 7 @ ND, 10 of 14 overall, and more talented
vs Central Michigan W
@ Ohio St. W- homer pick, but hard to say what tOSU will look like missing some of it's best players
vs Michigan W- D is still awful, MSU is more talented offensively, and it's at home, win easily
vs Wisconsin W- equal teams, but night game at SS, slight edge
@ Nebraska L- probably going to get jailsexed
vs Minnesota W
@ Iowa L- can't beat them on the road
vs Indiana W
@ Northwestern W- will be tough, but they have trouble finishing

10-2 (6-2) but probably 9-3 (5-3) with a loss against Wiscy or tOSU

with all honesty we have a better chance with winny than tOSU

I gotta be honest..OSU+ Nebraska are the only games I'll go into (as of now) with a mind set that it would be a big upset. I feel like Michigan sdhould be able to play with anybody on their schedule. Still have to see what Iowa looks like.

Beez said:
I gotta be honest..OSU+ Nebraska are the only games I'll go into (as of now) with a mind set that it would be a big upset. I feel like Michigan sdhould be able to play with anybody on their schedule. Still have to see what Iowa looks like.
So, you think MSU goes 6-6 and MICH goes 8-4. Makes sense with you guys being defending Big10 champs, steam rolling us last year, having the players that fit your system, and having a solid D last year.

I would have predicted a win in the NW game because not sure if DP will be available

vs. Younstown St. W
vs Florida Atlantic W
@ Notre Dame W
vs Central Michigan W
@ Ohio St. L
vs Michigan L - i had been saying W here, but this year feels different. Doesn't feel like false hope or pride.
vs Wisconsin W
@ Nebraska L
vs Minnesota W
@ Iowa W
vs Indiana W
@ Northwestern W

staegrac said:
Beez said:
WMU- W
ND- W
EMU- W
SDSU- W
MIN - W
NW- L
MSU- W
Pur - W
Iowa- L
Illinois-W
neb-L
OSU- L

the SDSU is that BH's doing or was that on the schedule before he came?

Was scheduled prior to the Hoke hiring.

WMU- W
ND- L- had this been the 4th non-conf game I go win, but adjusting to a whole new offense with a D that will be at best average not going to pull it out
EMU- W
SDSU- W- will be close as old players want to beat their coach, but talent prevails
MIN - W- Gophers blow
NW- L- Bad match-up, NW's O takes advantage of that secondary
MSU- L- On the road with less talent=L
Pur - W-see MIN
Iowa- L- @ Iowa is a tough task
Illinois-W- with bowl eligibility on the line Wolverines pull off upset
neb-L- suprisingly close game, but NEB's D is too good
OSU- L- Not sure what the streak is technically at, but it continues or a new one begins

6-6 (3-5), Hoke needs time, year 1 will be rough

i will say um goes 7-5, no way um does better with rookie coach than nd did last year...BK>BH

vs. Younstown St. W
vs Florida Atlantic W
@ Notre Dame W
vs Central Michigan W
@ Ohio St. W
vs Michigan L Classic case of Let down game after a good win
vs Wisconsin L
@ Nebraska L
vs Minnesota W
@ Iowa L
vs Indiana W
@ Northwestern W

bavarianinnman said:
vs. Younstown St. W
vs Florida Atlantic W
@ Notre Dame W
vs Central Michigan W
@ Ohio St. W
vs Michigan L Classic case of Let down game after a good win
vs Wisconsin L
@ Nebraska L
vs Minnesota W
@ Iowa L
vs Indiana W
@ Northwestern W
Not going to let down vs. UM, plus they have a bye week, so the emotions will have time to cool off.

Back