Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Maywether v McGregor

Maywether vs McGregor

• Did you bet this fight?

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Are you going to watch this fight?

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tinselwolverine

Anyone?

I don't give someone making his professional boxing debut against arguably the best-if possibly also the boringest-much of a chance.

To me this is a bad fight back. McGregor is paying for the one and I say his odds of winning are way lower than that.

Mayweather's pay out isn't even as good as a treasury bond fund.

This was supposed to have been a pole but I guess I messed up somehow. When I get to my regular desktop computer I'm going to delete this and repost the.

I added it for you, Tinsel.

Thanks but that wasn't the poll. The poll was "did you bet this fight?" And "are you going to pay to watch this fight?"

If you want to change it to that though I'd appreciate it.

I have. Let me know if you can select both.. They had the option but after I changed it it went away so I don't know. Sorry about the mix up.

Not watching this fight, certainly not paying for it.

It's a gimmick to make these guys millions of dollars, and in the end will be a terrible fight, not worth whatever you end up paying for it (either the full price, or splitting it) because McGregor can't box, and Mayweather will run backwards like a little bitch like he always does.

I have. Let me know if you can select both.. They had the option but after I changed it it went away so I don't know. Sorry about the mix up.

Thanks Mitch. Looks like a person can only select one, I guess I didn't really think it through. It's actually more of a survey than a poll.

I didn't bet on it and I'm not going to watch it. Usually during big fights ESPN covers each round at the end of the round. Maybe I'll tune in to that. I think Mayweather will probably land enough punches to score a TKO in the eighth or ninth round. If I have to pick one of the two I'll say nine.

Thanks Mitch. Looks like a person can only select one, I guess I didn't really think it through. It's actually more of a survey than a poll.

I didn't bet on it and I'm not going to watch it. Usually during big fights ESPN covers each round at the end of the round. Maybe I'll tune in to that. I think Mayweather will probably land enough punches to score a TKO in the eighth or ninth round. If I have to pick one of the two I'll say nine.

Sorry about that. Personally I agree with what Thumb said. I won't watch or bet.. Even a good match because it's too expensive. Back in Michigan I might have with my friends and cutting the cost but one guy can't box. And I don't like McGregor at all. Loud mouth, imo.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...0-million-purse-conor-mcgregor-get-30-million
Floyd Mayweather's purse at $100M; Conor McGregor's $30M biggest of career.
espn

The one thing that hasn't been mentioned much is that mayweather's career record is 49 and 0. He is tied with the great Rocky Marciano who retired with that same record. Most wins without a loss.
If or when mayweather beats McGregor, his people will say he has the record.
It will be argued by purist that this fight is more like an exhibition, McGregor is not a boxer, where he hasn't had any boxing matches from what I have read.

Conor Anthony McGregor is an Irish professional mixed martial artist and professional boxer who is currently signed to the Ultimate Fighting Championship. He is the reigning UFC Lightweight Champion, and former
UFC Featherweight Champion.
Master of Mixed martial arts, Taekwondo, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, Karate, Kickboxing.

I don't like mayweather for all he has done outside the ring, wife and girlfriend beater, and battery charges.
Not rooting for him, but he will probably win.

https://www.si.com/boxing/2017/06/15/floyd-mayweather-conor-mcgregor-fight-rules
McGregor prohibited from elbowing, kicking Mayweather during fight.
SI

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/boxing/0/will-mcgregor-vs-mayweather-fight-use-boxing-ufc-rules/
Will the McGregor vs Mayweather fight use boxing or UFC rules?

Prelims is on Fox network broadcast.

I don't remember that ever happening before for a pay-per-view fight.

Listening to the updates on SportsCenter. So far it appears that Mayweather is handling McGregor just like the late great Mike Ilitch used to handle a pizza.

Looks it's true, McGregor can't box and Maywether is a pussy. He's a boxer and doesn't do anything..

MMA Fighting scores it 10-9 McGregor.. On every round. Bias much. Lol.

Looks it's true, McGregor can't box and Maywether is a pussy. He's a boxer and doesn't do anything..

How do you know whether McGregor can box or not?

That said, Mayweather is fighting the way he always fights.

How do you know whether McGregor can box or not?

That said, Mayweather is fighting the way he always fights.

One because he's not a boxer. For two, people watching are saying he can't. And three, he can't box. He has no stamina.

One because he's not a boxer. For two, people watching are saying he can't. And three, he can't box. He has no stamina.

He has stood up to arguably the best pound for pound fighter in boxing history.

Obviously he can box.

He just can't box well enough to beat Mayweather, and he would probably fair worse against the championship contenders that Mayweather has beaten because they're more aggressive.

That doesn't mean he can't box.

Back