Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Gennady "GGG" Golovkin vs. Saul "Canelo" Alvarez

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/254438460/canelo-vs-ggg-the-real-fight-of-the-year
CANELO VS. GGG: FIGHT OF THE YEAR.

Middleweight titans Gennady "GGG" Golovkin and Saul "Canelo" Alvarez will do battle in the best pure fight of the year Saturday in Las Vegas for a a slew of middleweight belts and bragging rights as the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world. Mayweather-McGregor was a cool show, but GGG-Canelo promises to be a fun, and close, bout. (HBO Pay-Per-View, starting at 8 p.m. ET.)

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/19460003/gennady-golovkin-vs-canelo-alvarez
Full coverage: Gennady Golovkin vs. Canelo Alvarez.
espn

https://www.ringtv.com/
RingMagazine

Last edited:
Like to know who you boxing fans want to win?

Tinsel will you get the fight on PPV?

I don't do that anymore.

Too often it ended up not being worth the price, so I stopped.

Typically ESPN Sports Center does round by round updates of the big pay per view fights; so generally I follow the fights as they're happening that way.

I'll watch when they rebroadcast it on regular HBO.

At my boxing gym they used to get the pay per view fights and everybody would pitch in five bucks or whatever.

Also we could bring booze to the gym (obviously only those of us just barely of drinking age) which is, of course is and as it should be, strictly verboten during normal operations (although the old owner from maybe 20 years ago used to drink and smoke when he was training guys).

Anyway, the gym used to get the fights at the regular residential retail price as opposed to paying the business price, which is much, much higher.

Then the cable company busted them.

So that was that.

Last edited:

I got the PPV. This is like Floyd/PacMan but not 5 years too late. I'm really excited.

Both fighters strengths play into each other. Canelo likes when the fight is brought to him because he's not that fast (on his feet) but is stupid accurate counter punching. GGG is amazing at cutting off the ring and attacking his opponent. Should be a good fight.

I'm not rooting for either fighter, I just want to be entertained.

*edit* I think GGG is up right now going into round 12. Great fight as I expected it would be.

Last edited:
WOW. HOLY SHIT. A DRAW??? Fuck off...

One judge gave it to Canelo 118-110.

Smells fishy...someone wants Canelo/GGG II.

I won't buy the second fight. Fuck that.

Great fight ruined by greedy pieces of shit that have never thrown a punch in their life.

Last edited:
This is why boxing stinks .. GGG clearly won according to most writers and yet one dirty judge has it 118-110 for Alvarez :/

This is why boxing stinks .. GGG clearly won according to most writers and yet one dirty judge has it 118-110 for Alvarez :/

That said...what if she had scored it 115-114 Alvarez? It's still a draw...

I'm hearing Stephen A. Smith screaming about the 118-110 decision...so what?

Alvarez won on her card.

GGG won another judge's card.

The third judge had it 114-114.

It's a draw...no matter if the chick who had Alvarez winning 118-110 or 115-114...it doesn't make a difference.

One bad score ruins a good fight. I would have been ok with a draw although i thought ggg won. But 118-110 lmao... Boxing is fucking awful. Shit like this just kills the sport more.

Last edited:
MEDIA SCORES
Mookie Alexander
BloodyElbow.com
117-111​
Golovkin​

CBS Sports
117-111​
Golovkin​

Patrick Stumberg
MMAMania.com
116-112​
Golovkin​

Kevin McRae
BleacherReport.com
116-112​
Golovkin​

Shaun Al-Shatti
MMAFighting.com
116-112​
Golovkin​

Ryan Frederick
WrestlingObserver.com
116-112​
Golovkin​

Harold Lederman
HBO
116-112​
Golovkin​

Dan Rafael
ESPN.com
116-112​
Golovkin​

Sherdog.com
116-112​
Golovkin​

Phil Murphy
ESPN
115-113
Golovkin​

Paul Fontaine
WrestlingObserver.com
115-113​
Golovkin​

Kevin Iole
Yahoo.com
115-113​
Golovkin​

Wil Esco
BadLeftHook.com
115-113​
Golovkin​

Patrick Wyman
BleacherReport.com
115-113​
Golovkin​

Rob Tatum
CombatPress.com
115-113​
Golovkin
Se?n Sheehan
SevereMMA.com
115-113​
Golovkin​

MMABrasil.com.br
115-113​
Golovkin​

Chris Mannix
Yahoo! Sports
114-114​
DRAW​

Associated Press
114-114​
DRAW​

Lance Pugmire
L.A. Times
114-114​
DRAW​

Last edited:
And now they are talking rematch .. so freaking corrupt.

Pretty sure I'm the biggest fight fan on this board and I don't have a problem shelling out $50-$60 for a fight.

I will not be buying that second fight, no matter how good I think it is. Fuck them.

I still remember when all the big fights were on TV for free.. Always afraid the main fight is done in two rounds or the under card is the best draw to put that kind of money on a match. Or Dela Hoya fights which end up being boring..

I still remember when all the big fights were on TV for free.. Always afraid the main fight is done in two rounds or the under card is the best draw to put that kind of money on a match. Or Dela Hoya fights which end up being boring..

I have a ton of fights from those days on my computer in pretty decent quality. The fights that included Hearns/Leonard/Hagler/Duran will always be my favorites.

Last edited:
Back