Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

4 in a row = better program

He should have been thrown out after the neck twist... No doubt about it...

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]
johnny2x2x said:
Yeah, Michigan has won a whopping 1 more Bowl Game this Century than MSU. 3 wins to 2 wins. Sorry, you have to now go back 5 years to find a win vs State now and it's not like Michigan has been an elite program this century. They had a chance at a National Title in 2006, but lost their last 2 games, other than that season they've been good, but not elite, so it wasn't like MSU was trying to catch USC or Alabama, it was trying to catch Michigan, a good program with 1 shared National Title in 50 years and coming off 15 wins in 3 seasons prior. Recruiting? Please, how much of a difference did the higher rated recruiting classes Michigan fielded the last 4 years mean?

4 wins in a row, and a much better record over the last 4 years is enough to catch and pass Michigan. 62-31 the last 2 years helps too.

It just goes towards the Michigan fans inflated image of Michigan Football. It's not an elite program and save for 1 season hasn't been elite this century.

No one will ever take MSU seriously. Sadly they never will.

I don't know about "no one", but Michigan better start taking the Spartans seriously or they're going to continue to get their asses kicked all up and down the football field when they play them.

What do you want to hear?

MSU is AWESOME! Dude, They are sooo elite! National Championship here you come. Book your flights.

There are you happy now?

Jever4321 said:

MSU is AWESOME! Dude, They are sooo elite! National Championship here you come. Book your flights.

There are you happy now?

What people might want to hear from more than 5% of the Wolverine fans is, "Good win, your team was better today, we'll get you next year." Instead we get a bunch of melting down whiners who have to try to make excuses or point fingers at some dirty play. You got your asses kicked by a more physical team, take it like a man.

johnny2x2x said:
Jever4321 said:

There are you happy now?

What people might want to hear from more than 5% of the Wolverine fans is, "Good win, your team was better today, we'll get you next year." Instead we get a bunch of melting down whiners who have to try to make excuses or point fingers at some dirty play. You got your asses kicked by a more physical team, take it like a man.

MSU did play better than UM, and people shouldn't be surprised. MSU was defending B1G co-champs, and UM is still rebuilding from the DickRod cluster-fuck. First and foremost, Most UM fans are generally pissed that MSU has won 4 in a row. Then factor in how frustrating that game was for UM fans with what seemed like a lot of cheap shots and punk dirty play. If the roles were reversed, I imagine there would be the same reaction from Spartonia.

But still even getting our ass handed to us and out hit, and out personal fouled with 5minutes or so Michigan was 10 yards away from tying the game up with the wind..

Oh but then dumb fuck Borges decided to play action pass on 4th and inches..

DUMBEST CALL EVER!!!!!!! congrats on the gift sparty

johnny2x2x said:
Yeah, Michigan has won a whopping 1 more Bowl Game this Century than MSU. 3 wins to 2 wins. Sorry, you have to now go back 5 years to find a win vs State and it's not like Michigan has been an elite program this century. They had a chance at a National Title in 2006, but lost their last 2 games, other than that season they've been good, but not elite, so it wasn't like MSU was trying to catch USC or Alabama, it was trying to catch Michigan, a good program with 1 shared National Title in 60 years and coming off 15 wins in 3 seasons prior. Recruiting? Please, how much of a difference did the higher rated recruiting classes Michigan fielded the last 4 years mean?

4 wins in a row, and a much better record over the last 4 years is enough to catch and pass Michigan. 62-31 the last 2 years helps too.

It just goes towards the Michigan fans inflated image of Michigan Football. It's not an elite program and save for 1 season hasn't been elite this century.
YOu are just taking the stats that are in the absolute favor of MSU.. Look at the full picture, prior to Dantonio, Michigan was superior.. They made better bowl games, recruited better players and won against MSU.. Once RR got there , MSU certainly caught up and is on par right now, but not BETTER>.. There would be a better case made for this if MSU didn't have two mediocre season of 7 and 6 wins respectively..

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]
johnny2x2x said:
The neck twist was dirty, and the punch should have gotten him thrown out, but Lewan was hitting him in the head while he was on the ground and should have been flagged too. Plus they were cutting him all game while he was engaged with a blocker, came off limping once after the chop block. He had a right to be frustrated but he crossed the line twice. Still he should have been tossed. The P/F's helped Michigan not State. Kept several drives alive for them.

The play at the end by Rush that hurt Denard was a P/F, but not dirty, he just finished the tackle, happens all the time.

Face it Michigan got physically whooped on both sides of the ball by a stronger, faster, and more athletic team. "The tougher team won." George Perles 1986.

i never said we did get whooped but 5-6 personal foul penalties.. That has to be a concern because it is beyond dumb.. MSU did everything they could to give the game back to michigan and in the end after being out hit, out cheap shotted on fourth an a inch Michigan has a idiotic coach he throws the ball... Beyond dumb because if Michigan scores with the wind there may have been a shot at stealing the game... No reason Dantonio has to teach dirty play...

Do you also blame Jim Schwartz for Suhs' "dirty" play?? Or is most of the blame to go to the athlete??

My guess is that no coach teaches this....otherwise this would be an every game occurance....and it's not. The athlete needs to be accountable when he loses his head.....which Gholston did. I hope he is suspended for a game for that shit. But calling out Dantonio for it is dumb.

So how many dirty plays were there? 3? Some of the personal fouls were iffy (2 that I can remember).

Do you think we are proud of these "dirty plays"? Of course not. We had over 100 penalty yards. IDIOTIC.

"They were definitely more physical," Michigan safety Jordan Kovacs said. "They pounded us, and ate us up."

"They weren't playing dirty," Denard Robinson said. "They were playing football. It's a dirty game."

"I don't know how they played dirty," Hoke said. "They had some personal fouls on late hits on the quarterback, but you can get those all the time."

"We knew what type of game this was going to be," Martin said. "It's going to be a tough, physical game. Coach talked about keeping our poise and composure as a football team. I think we did a good job of it on that side of it.

"I mean, who doesn't know what this type of game is? It's a tough physical game, period. It's an in-state rival. It's big for both teams. That's what it's all about."

"There's not a healthy guy in that room," Hoke said. "Everybody's beat up. That's just part of football. This bye week

i like all those answers. dont whine. take it like men. leave the whining about the cheap shots for us fans haha.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]A neck twist. Seriously I bet he gets a game suspension for it. Because we all know Dantonio does not punish any players. .. Did you see what that Thug Golhston did? Very odd but i think Sparty had 5 or 6 more Personal fouls today... But hey a win is a win... Congrats.
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. http://media.mlive.com/grandrapidspress/photo/10150172-standard.jpg

msu2011 said:
[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]A neck twist. Seriously I bet he gets a game suspension for it. Because we all know Dantonio does not punish any players. .. Did you see what that Thug Golhston did? Very odd but i think Sparty had 5 or 6 more Personal fouls today... But hey a win is a win... Congrats.
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. http://media.mlive.com/grandrapidspress/photo/10150172-standard.jpg

Yeah, it's a rough game and Taylor Lewan was the guy caught punching someone in the nuts blatantly last year. I mean there were a some really questionable low blocks in this game, but that's football.

You posted the same video 5 times. Just get over it, UM would have got smoked by 30 if it wasn't for MSU being undisciplined. The MSU fans had to hear crap for weeks after our loss to ND, now you UM fans cant even take your 4th loss in a row to Sparty like a man. That play gave you a first down when you would have had to punt. I am not happy he did that cause I thought it was dirty, but there was a lot of chippy stuff that wasnt called on both sides. If you look at his punch the UM lineman had Gholsten's facemask in his hand as he was getting up. So just quit acting like your team never plays dirty and just take the loss and move on.

JScottWriter said:
You posted the same video 5 times. Just get over it, UM would have got smoked by 30 if it wasn't for MSU being undisciplined. The MSU fans had to hear crap for weeks after our loss to ND, now you UM fans cant even take your 4th loss in a row to Sparty like a man. That play gave you a first down when you would have had to punt. I am not happy he did that cause I thought it was dirty, but there was a lot of chippy stuff that wasnt called on both sides. If you look at his punch the UM lineman had Gholsten's facemask in his hand as he was getting up. So just quit acting like your team never plays dirty and just take the loss and move on.

They can't get over it, especially "biggunsbob". I notice that all they Michigan fans want to focus on is the "dirty play" of MSU because they have NOTHING else to say about the game. They were completely outplayed. No mention of that though.....just stupid shit like "you guys are dirty".

I have posted the pic of Craig Roh of U of M grabing the MSU players facemask and pulling up on it in three or four different threads and got ZERO responses about it. ZERO. Why?? They don't want to admit that U of M is also responsible for some dirty play......because then they would have NOTHING to cry about.

I have yet to see even one post by an MSU fan saying that the play of Gholston was justified. Nobody liked it. I was texting friends during the game saying we needed to pull his ass and sit him on the bench. I sure a lot of us were.

I was at the game, and was pissed at the personal fouls. Coach D was taking players out after stupid penalties but in some cases it didnt settle the player down. The UM fans that are complaining about that just cant look at their own team as the reason they lost. Some say they lost because they called a playaction pass on 4th and 1, that is on their coach. Maybe they should realize they have no passing game and blame that it finally caught up to them. The last thing they should blame is dirty play when all it did was help them and they were doing the same.

Our dirty play is not as dirty as your dirty play. I hear that MSU has a "dirty-play" coach who answers directly to the AD. And you recruit dirty players or turn clean players into dirty players. I hear that you don't even let your players shower during the season.

johnny2x2x said:
Yeah, Michigan has won a whopping 1 more Bowl Game this Century than MSU. 3 wins to 2 wins. Sorry, you have to now go back 5 years to find a win vs State and it's not like Michigan has been an elite program this century. They had a chance at a National Title in 2006, but lost their last 2 games, other than that season they've been good, but not elite, so it wasn't like MSU was trying to catch USC or Alabama, it was trying to catch Michigan, a good program with 1 shared National Title in 60 years and coming off 15 wins in 3 seasons prior. Recruiting? Please, how much of a difference did the higher rated recruiting classes Michigan fielded the last 4 years mean?

dumb. look at who we were playing in those bowl games, compared to the Bush league scrubs you were fighting in yours.

only an idiot would pump his chest over a pizza bowl win, while knocking his rival for losing to a USC or Texas team that was a game away from a national title in the Rose Bowl.

the fact that Spartoon fans have to blather on and on about how NOW they're a better program, or elite, or never actually wanted to go to Michigan in the first place, and only went to MSU because they had a great Manure Science program, and bla bla bla reveals more about your own inferiority complex than anything else.

Back