Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

4 in a row = better program

MichChamp02 said:
johnny2x2x said:
Yeah, Michigan has won a whopping 1 more Bowl Game this Century than MSU. 3 wins to 2 wins. Sorry, you have to now go back 5 years to find a win vs State and it's not like Michigan has been an elite program this century. They had a chance at a National Title in 2006, but lost their last 2 games, other than that season they've been good, but not elite, so it wasn't like MSU was trying to catch USC or Alabama, it was trying to catch Michigan, a good program with 1 shared National Title in 60 years and coming off 15 wins in 3 seasons prior. Recruiting? Please, how much of a difference did the higher rated recruiting classes Michigan fielded the last 4 years mean?

4 wins in a row, and a much better record over the last 4 years is enough to catch and pass Michigan. 62-31 the last 2 years helps too.

It just goes towards the Michigan fans inflated image of Michigan Football. It's not an elite program and save for 1 season hasn't been elite this century.

dumb. look at who we were playing in those bowl games, compared to the Bush league scrubs you were fighting in yours.

only an idiot would pump his chest over a pizza bowl win, while knocking his rival for losing to a USC or Texas team that was a game away from a national title in the Rose Bowl.

the fact that Spartoon fans have to blather on and on about how NOW they're a better program, or elite, or never actually wanted to go to Michigan in the first place, and only went to MSU because they had a great Manure Science program, and bla bla bla reveals more about your own inferiority complex than anything else.

Seriously, Michigan fans keep living in the past.

Princenton has 28 national football titles!
MSU has more national football titles than Michigan in the past 60 yrs!

And I'm not surprised you are making fun of MSU academics, I would too if my school had girls with hairy armpits.

The comments about non-football and the past are annoying. Get over your selves.

smayschmouthfootball said:
Hey! At least we have a past to live in!

A past that you weren't alive to witness and enjoy. Today you guys are walking dead.

MSUspartan said:
Hey! At least we have a past to live in!

A past that you weren't alive to witness and enjoy. Today you guys are walking dead.

I don't know 'bout that. 1968 - 2006 was pretty robust overall for me. There's this little hiccup in the M timeline that is getting cured as we joust on these boards.

Props to MSU for winning 4 straight. Only took you 50 years from the time before. Though I was alive even then, I was too young to consider it.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]But still even getting our ass handed to us and out hit, and out personal fouled with 5minutes or so Michigan was 10 yards away from tying the game up with the wind..

Oh but then dumb fuck Borges decided to play action pass on 4th and inches..

DUMBEST CALL EVER!!!!!!! congrats on the gift sparty

Come on Bob, congrats on the gift ? We gave you guys over 100 yards in penalties and 2 fumbles on the short side, who gave who the gifts ?

I love how all Michigan fans just assume they're returning to being a good program. Hoke looks like a good coach, but what does that team look like next season? More importantly, what does the schedule look like next season? Who are the young players on U of M who are going to be great and how many of them? The way I see it Michigan will be losing a lot of their talent after this year, where are the replacements? Good luck with Alabama in game 1 next year too.

MichChamp02 said:
johnny2x2x said:
Yeah, Michigan has won a whopping 1 more Bowl Game this Century than MSU. 3 wins to 2 wins. Sorry, you have to now go back 5 years to find a win vs State and it's not like Michigan has been an elite program this century. They had a chance at a National Title in 2006, but lost their last 2 games, other than that season they've been good, but not elite, so it wasn't like MSU was trying to catch USC or Alabama, it was trying to catch Michigan, a good program with 1 shared National Title in 60 years and coming off 15 wins in 3 seasons prior. Recruiting? Please, how much of a difference did the higher rated recruiting classes Michigan fielded the last 4 years mean?

4 wins in a row, and a much better record over the last 4 years is enough to catch and pass Michigan. 62-31 the last 2 years helps too.

It just goes towards the Michigan fans inflated image of Michigan Football. It's not an elite program and save for 1 season hasn't been elite this century.

dumb. look at who we were playing in those bowl games, compared to the Bush league scrubs you were fighting in yours.

only an idiot would pump his chest over a pizza bowl win, while knocking his rival for losing to a USC or Texas team that was a game away from a national title in the Rose Bowl.

the fact that Spartoon fans have to blather on and on about how NOW they're a better program, or elite, or never actually wanted to go to Michigan in the first place, and only went to MSU because they had a great Manure Science program, and bla bla bla reveals more about your own inferiority complex than anything else.

Inferiority complex, LOL. You're actually going to say that after what you just wrote. You have a whole bunch of complexes Champ, go take your medicine.

MSUspartan said:

I don't know 'bout that. 1968 - 2006 was pretty robust overall for me. There's this little hiccup in the M timeline that is getting cured as we joust on these boards.

Props to MSU for winning 4 straight. Only took you 50 years from the time before. Though I was alive even then, I was too young to consider it.

Typical UM fan, congratulate with insults.

greenandwhite95 said:
MichChamp02 said:

Inferiority complex, LOL. You're actually going to say that after what you just wrote. You have a whole bunch of complexes Champ, go take your medicine.

no Michigan fan starts threads like this. the truth hurts.

greenandwhite95 said:

Just roll with the smack and give some back. "Insults?" Would you expect anything less? Would I from you?

MSUspartan said:
MichChamp02 said:

And I'm not surprised you are making fun of MSU academics, I would too if my school had girls with hairy armpits.

The comments about non-football and the past are annoying. Get over your selves.

I hope you're over the age of 60.

Red and Guilty said:
MSUspartan said:

No, I am not. Spartan fans don't brag these titles or the past. We live in the present.

Your comment only proves my point even more.

MichChamp02 said:
greenandwhite95 said:

no Michigan fan starts threads like this. the truth hurts.

You're right, you guys start threads like, Spartans Suck, at least we aren't thugs, what else would you expect from Spartan fans, and many more threads dedicated to your obsession. Now you loons have a "Gholston Update". Sounds to me like we really get under your skin. :)

BTW, if you really want to talk about stupid threads made by a UM fan we can always revisit the infamous couch banning thread made by the one and only M&B, which I see he still can't let go.

greenandwhite95 said:

Just roll with the smack and give some back. "Insults?" Would you expect anything less? Would I from you?

It would be nice to hear a UM fan once and awhile just say good game, you kicked our asses. I know a few have, small percentage, but most look for excuses or do like you did and bring up the past to make themselves feel better after a defeat. Thats why I say there are so many UM fans battling self esteem issues. It's obvious, really.

greenandwhite95 said:

It would be nice to hear a UM fan once and awhile just say good game, you kicked our asses. I know a few have, small percentage, but most look for excuses or do like you did and bring up the past to make themselves feel better after a defeat. Thats why I say there are so many UM fans battling self esteem issues. It's obvious, really.

You are misreading me completely. I am jesting only. Read some of my other posts on the topic of M-MSU.

MSUspartan said:
Red and Guilty said:

No, I am not. Spartan fans don't brag these titles or the past. We live in the present.

That is total horse shit.... How many times have we heard Izzo owns the Michigan basketball club.. Your such a hypocrite it is not even funny.

greenandwhite95 said:

That is total crap... We all know we got a ASS kicked but M$U fans act like the Gohlston neck twist should be shrugged off.. Whatever makes you fel good I guess.. That dude is getting suspended and MSU fans act like he should be given a sainthood.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]
MSUspartan said:

That is total horse shit.... How many times have we heard Izzo owns the Michigan basketball club.. Your such a hypocrite it is not even funny.

14 straight tournament appearances.
6 Final Fours in 13 years.
6 B1G Championships
2 National Championship appearances
1 National Title

In this time period UM has been to the big dance 3 times!

Last year MSU football won the B1G Championship. Argue that we were co-champs, but we beat Wisconsin who got the BCS bid, and wins by tOSU were vacated. Pretty outright championship in my book.

This all sounds pretty recent to me.

Michigan's last BCS Bowl win in football was over 10 years ago. Yes, State hasn't been to a BCS bowl in my lifetime, but MSU has been more relevant in than Michigan in football the previous 5 years. That's a fact.

Need I say more?

MSUspartan said:
[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]

14 straight tournament appearances.
6 Final Fours in 13 years.
6 B1G Championships
2 National Championship appearances
1 National Title

In this time period UM has been to the big dance 3 times!

Last year MSU football won the B1G Championship. Argue that we were co-champs, but we beat Wisconsin who got the BCS bid, and wins by tOSU were vacated. Pretty outright championship in my book.

This all sounds pretty recent to me.

Michigan's last BCS Bowl win in football was over 10 years ago. Yes, State hasn't been to a BCS bowl in my lifetime, but MSU has been more relevant in than Michigan in football the previous 5 years. That's a fact.

Need I say more?

Got to love the MSU basketball argument from Wolverine fans. As if Michigan Football has had a stretch like that in the last 60 years. Michigan Football has played for 1 National Title in 60+ years. During that time there was no decade where Michigan Football was an Elite National Power. Over the last 12+ years MSU basketball is a top 5 program. Michigan Football has not seen that status since the 1930s or 40s. Michigan was a better basketball team than Michigan State last season, but they are chasing a program that is elite and they are coming from a total rebuilding process. Michigan would have to not only sweep State the next couple years, but make deep runs in the NCAA Tourney to be considered to have passed State with their basketball program the way that State has passed their Football program.

Next there will be Wolverine fans on here talking about hockey or baseball. Anything to hold onto a superiority complex that is long gone and wasn't deserved in the 1st place.

Back