Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU pres. Resigns

The chick getting prego is the topper. Unless she had an abortion, they should probably do a paternity test.

just read whole report, miscarriage.

Last edited:
WELL... I had to dig down to find this thread, but here's a relevant *BUMP*:

Lou Anna Simon charged with two felony counts and a misdemeanor for lying to state investigators during the Nasser matter (link).

Other quotes from the article:
Simon deferred comment to her attorney, Mayer Morganroth, who said in an emailed statement: "The only crime committed is the indictment. It is political and completely false and they will pay for it."
If you're a criminal defense attorney, just say "We look forward to our day in court, and have no comment beyond that." anything more than that before trial, and you sound like an asshole.

this should make all Spartan alums who've donated to their alma mater proud:
MSU will pay for Simon's legal fees, an MSU spokeswoman said. The university is paying for former gymnastics coach Kathie Klages' attorneys and for part of the criminal defense of former dean William Strampel.
THis one goes a little too far though:
John Manly, an attorney who represents many of the victims who sued MSU related to Nassar, said the charges stand in contrast to law enforcement actions against USA Gymnastics.
"I?m just so grateful to the Attorney General's Office," he said. "This sends a message to the people of Michigan and quite frankly to the people in the United States, that no one is above the law."
I agree it's pretty impressive they're actually charging a powerful, rich piece of shit with a crime. Happens all too rarely in this country. but ... we've got several dozen prosecutions (maybe hundreds) to go, going back to Richard Nixon, and continuing through the Bush Administration, and Wall Street Bailouts if we're going to prove that last point...

Also: MSU blows, and their football team is going to be complete shit again next year, and the year after, and probably be mediocre for the foreseeable future.

She deserved to be fired with cause and without the golden parachute just for the stuff we knew about. We're living in an age where terrible people get paid millions to go away because the people that run institutions are afraid of what might be discovered if they don't pay off the terrible people.

I'm not even sure if getting in legal trouble for lying would cause MSU to stop paying her.

She deserved to be fired with cause and without the golden parachute just for the stuff we knew about. We're living in an age where terrible people get paid millions to go away because the people that run institutions are afraid of what might be discovered if they don't pay off the terrible people.

I'm not even sure if getting in legal trouble for lying would cause MSU to stop paying her.

It's not just what would be discovered, but the threat of an employment lawsuit to enforce terms of her employment contract, or fight over whether she was fired for cause or not. if defending a lawsuit is going to take several hundred thousand dollars, and 2-3 years, PLUS the current leadership has to sit through hours of depositions, and testify in court... they'd rather just write a check than take time to do the right thing.

it's also political. Engler is a rich dipshit, and hangs out with other rich dipshits among the shitty MSU booster crowd. Lou Anna obviously has friends and allies among them; he doesn't want to have other rich MSU alumni scum snubbing him in the Sunday brunch buffet line at the University Club. So he'll see that she gets beneficial treatment here, even if it's undeserved, and society would be better off if all these people, Engler included, were rotting in jail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not great.

but I've learned to deal.

"I change the things I can, and accept the things I can't" and all that.

I think on the parable of Lazurus and the beggar in these circumstances. It is crappy that the unconnected and anonymous people in the world are marginalized because of their status as such.

Have you surveyed all of them?

I've never seen anyone frowning on a yacht.

True happiness does not source from the number of yachts one owns. Or the number of Twitter followers. Or from the size of the bank account. Or if Michigan wins on Saturday.

True happiness does not source from the number of yachts one owns. Or the number of Twitter followers. Or from the size of the bank account. Or if Michigan wins on Saturday.

I will feel true happiness if Michigan wins on Saturday.

True happiness comes from a multitude of sources.

Back