Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cain a Groper and Perry a Drunk?

TheVictors

This GOP primary scene is starting to get pretty entertaining.

I don't see how Mitt Romney doesn't get the nomination.

TheVictors03 said:

any republican beats a community organizer

Allegations that are from women who won't come forward and ID themselves are not worth consideration. I wonder, though, why Cain does not demand the accusers to come forward like, you know, Paula Jones, Kathleen Willey and Juanita Brodderick did.

We all know what happened to them, but, of course, the media would not vilify the presently anonymous sources who are accusing Cain of acts far less grave than sexual assault and outright rape. They would be commended for their courage.

I'm kind of shocked at how bad it it. Champ knows I'm an extreme moderate and if I can find some argument that hints towards equivalence between the two parties, I'll bring it up, but the right has gone off the deep end. This country desperately needs some level-headed leadership on the right, but I just don't see where it's going to come from.

tsmith7559 said:
TheVictors03 said:

really...an american war hero and member of the US Senate for a long period couldn.t.

SLICK said:
tsmith7559 said:

really...an american war hero and member of the US Senate for a long period couldn.t.

Americans realize the error and what he is all about...see 2010 elections

tsmith7559 said:
SLICK said:

Americans realize the error and what he is all about...see 2010 elections

Well, interestingly enough according to Gallup, if you put a Blank GOP Candidate up against Obama, the polls have the Blank Candidate favored.

according to Quinnipiac polls, that's not the case if you replace "Mr. Blank" with Romney, Cain, Perry, Bachmann, etc. etc.

Basically, if the GOP could put some mythical heroic figure up there who was the perfect conservative, who would be moderate on social issues, fix the economy, and bla bla bla, they could beat Obama. None of these current group of clowns comes close.

Even if that perfect candidate existed... he wouldn't fix shit. To fix the economy, i.e. reduce unemployment, we'd need more domestic spending, and tighter regulations on business, including higher taxes. Since even the democrats can't deliver that, the GOP is certainly not going to.

If you don't believe me... well, we've been cutting taxes, loosening regulations, cutting government spending, for years now... it hasn't worked.

smayschmouthfootball said:
Allegations that are from women who won't come forward and ID themselves are not worth consideration. I wonder, though, why Cain does not demand the accusers to come forward like, you know, Paula Jones, Kathleen Willey and Juanita Brodderick did.

I'm guessing because he actually does have something to hide? Or DID have something to hide... now the cat is more or less out of the bag.

Basically, this blew up in his face because he & his campaign handled it as ineptly as possible.

1. Deny it... resulting in his GOP rivals going to dig for dirt feed it to the press, and report whatever rumors they come up with.

2. Finally admit it, but downplay the facts... so then the facts come out, making him look like a liar. Now they wonder what else he's been dishonest about.

Like, how could you possibly think you'd get away with denying something like that? How many different people - even aside from the women involved - knew about it? everyone else in the office... the HR dept., other secretaries, etc. etc.

tsmith7559 said:
TheVictors03 said:

what does Obama have to do with Cain being a groper and Perry being a drunk?

tsmith7559 said:
TheVictors03 said:

Funny how you righties bring that up but totally leave out his years in the illinois state senate and the term as u.s. senator. Btw he already beat a republican once. A republican, more respected and loved than all of these candidates combined.

Also obama's approval rating has gone up 7 points in the last month. People see now that the right doesnt give a shit compared to winning next year.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]Also obama's approval rating has gone up 7 points in the last month. People see now that the right doesnt give a shit compared to winning next year.

RCP has him still around 44....what bump you talking about?

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
tsmith7559 said:

Funny how you righties bring that up but totally leave out his years in the illinois state senate and the term as u.s. senator. Btw he already beat a republican once. A republican, more respected and loved than all of these candidates combined.

oh ya.... He voted "present" 90% of the time...nice resume

MichChamp02 said:
smayschmouthfootball said:

I'm guessing because he actually does have something to hide? Or DID have something to hide... now the cat is more or less out of the bag.

Basically, this blew up in his face because he & his campaign handled it as ineptly as possible.

1. Deny it... resulting in his GOP rivals going to dig for dirt feed it to the press, and report whatever rumors they come up with.

2. Finally admit it, but downplay the facts... so then the facts come out, making him look like a liar. Now they wonder what else he's been dishonest about.

Like, how could you possibly think you'd get away with denying something like that? How many different people - even aside from the women involved - knew about it? everyone else in the office... the HR dept., other secretaries, etc. etc.

You play in the dirt, and you are going to get dirty. We'll see if this fosters favors returned on bombshells that the rest of the field is withholding from each other.

My point is that I've never before witnessed anonymous allegations of sexual harassment of a public figure. In every case I remember, the woman has initially come forward. Why won't any of Cain's accusers, and where is the media in demanding that they do so?

If they do, they will be hailed as courageous, unlike Jones, Willey and Brodderick, who were derided by the press, though their allegations are far more serious and descriptive. It's another example of the double standard that exists among the media.

Cain - is a joke even without the sexual harrassment charge. He alleges it was a smear campaign....id say his entire campaign is a smear campaign.

Romney - i cant imagine people in this economy voting for a guy who made millions by putting people out of jobs.

Bachman - is a dumb hooker.

Perry - Is too busy either praying or killing people to read and learn a little about the world around him. His debates/speeches are horrendous and no way will people vote for a dumbass...they learned from the Bush mistake.

mhughes0021 said:
Cain - is a joke even without the sexual harrassment charge. He alleges it was a smear campaign....id say his entire campaign is a smear campaign.

Romney - i cant imagine people in this economy voting for a guy who made millions by putting people out of jobs.

Perry - Is too busy either praying or killing people to read and learn a little about the world around him. His debates/speeches are horrendous and no way will people vote for a dumbass...they learned from the Bush mistake.

will never come close to the 2.5 Million jobs lost under Obama and the $5 Trillion in new debt, with Trillions/year projected for the next 3 years

mhughes0021 said:

Sounds about right

Obama shouldn't have much trouble with this...."competition".

Back