Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Thoughts on the strike...

kingofdetroit57

I think the whole thing is ridiculous and I'm not missing the piss poor NBA product one bit.

I'm glad they're on strike. I couldn't give two shits if they ever come back.

Why did you guys take the time to talk about something you don't give a shit about?

I want the NBA back, but not in the form it's been in recently. I'm sick of these pampered "superstars" who couldn't carry the jockstraps of the heyday "superstars". I'm sick of the terrible play that's centered around non-stop fouling for the last quarter of games. I'm sick of hearing how these players feel they are entitled to more all the time.

I like good defensive battles, teams that genuinely dislike each other, guys that just wanna play ball and couldn't care less about shoe deals, tweeting their every thought, and pouting when they don't get what they want. If we could get back to those days, I'd love it. Probably not happening any time soon though.

I can agree with that.

Is the nba as good as it was? No. But id rather it be around. Id rather watch highlights of bball than the same stories over and over.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
I can agree with that.

Is the nba as good as it was? No. But id rather it be around. Id rather watch highlights of bball than the same stories over and over.
I hear ya, but I think the NBA has gotten worse and worse and it's been pretty much unwatchable the last few years. That's why I don't miss it. I'd much rather it be around, but things gotta change.

kingofdetroit57 said:
Maize&Cheese304 said:
I can agree with that.

I hear ya, but I think the NBA has gotten worse and worse and it's been pretty much unwatchable the last few years. That's why I don't miss it. I'd much rather it be around, but things gotta change.

My friends and I have the same feelings about the NBA product. Too much protection on a few players by refs that call fouls for breathing on a player that is driving the lane with no charge calls or traveling on him.
Only boston team I like are the Celtics, and we all swear at the tv with the flagrant non calls and phantom fouls.
I guess I'm old school in the sense I like the team play, fast break, passing the ball, pick and roll, back door layups, instead of 8 players on one side of the court and a 1 on 1.
Too many kids with great talent that haven't grown up, with guns, drugs on planes, etc.
There are new negotiations? to save the season around Christmas and the end of the year.

Back