Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

tentative deal reached...

Did they say anything about numbers? I'm wondering if the players, the owners, or both finally decided to budge.

Only thing I care is lets say your team is over the cap then you have to pay 10x that amount. NBA screwed itself by letting teams that can spend as much as they want while smaller market teams can't and actually have to abide by a Cap ceiling. Result is the crap NBA we have today where a few teams have most of the stars, which pushes out so many fans.

If lockout officially ends today, it lasted 149 days, 2nd-longest in NBA history. 1998-99 lockout was 204 days.
If 66-game season happens, 240 games will be missed, just over half of the 464 missed during 1998-99 lockout.
If 66-game schedule happens, each team misses 16 games, exactly half of what each team missed in 1998-99 lockout.
found the above at espn stats and info.

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]Only thing I care is lets say your team is over the cap then you have to pay 10x that amount. NBA screwed itself by letting teams that can spend as much as they want while smaller market teams can't and actually have to abide by a Cap ceiling. Result is the crap NBA we have today where a few teams have most of the stars, which pushes out so many fans.
I agree, but I also think there are too many teams. They always talk about expansion, but I think the NBA could benefit from contraction right now.

kingofdetroit57 said:
Did they say anything about numbers? I'm wondering if the players, the owners, or both finally decided to budge.

51-49 from reports i saw.

mhughes0021 said:
kingofdetroit57 said:

51-49 from reports i saw.
LOL @ the players union. These clowns had better offers from everything I've read and were holding out for something like 53%. Way to declare victory when you had this offer or better months ago. ::)

Amnesty Clause - each team gets to dump one contract (still have to pay the cut player, but it won't be counted in salary cap figures) over the span of the CBA.

Plenty of choices for Detroit...

Back