Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Prince resigned for 4 years 27 million

tigers99888

What a fucking joke.. Via Adrian Wojnarowski on twitter.. That is fucking ridiculous.. This better be a fucking sign and trade proposition..

Boy if this is true that he's staying the next 4 years.. Joe Dumars is a goddamn joke.. Fucking fire him if true!!!

I thought he was a good player not too long ago. Granted, I don't watch NBA anymore.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I thought he was a good player not too long ago. Granted, I don't watch NBA anymore.
That's not the point.. Brining him back hampers the growth of the younger players and possible ruins chemistry in the locker room..

Prince is a good player, arguably the best we had last year. However, WTF?! Didn't we just make this mistake with Rip? Tay is already thirty-fucking!-one! He's already showed significant defensive decline. How in the fuck do you justify 7 million a year to an old guy on a rebuilding team?!

If this is true (not a sign and trade, not just a rumor), Joe D needs to be fired. He single-handedly built a champion, then single-handedly recreated the Teal era. He hasn't made a good move in years now, and this would only make things worse.

I guess I don't understand the NBA anymore. Signing good players are bad? You want younger, trade him or is that a no in the NBA as well?

Dumars is a joke. That 2004 Championship was so long ago. He hasn't done anything awesome since the Rasheed trade...7 years ago!

MSUspartan said:
Dumars is a joke. That 2004 Championship was so long ago. He hasn't done anything awesome since the Rasheed trade...7 years ago!

He was a joke for me the second darko was drafted and we didnt go after carmello or wade.

people are trying to get paul and howard...were resigning prince. Dont even bother getting your hopes up for the next 10 years.

Terry Foster is a tool. God, he has no idea what hes talking about.

Frank will make Tay a leader, and Tay will be a great role player? Shut up..

This signing is so damn dumb. Im peeved.

Explain to me how this is dumb... Austin Daye is a fucking joke and Jerebko is coming off of knee surgery and is better suited to play the 4. Prince came cheap and is still an above average player.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]Explain to me how this is dumb... Austin Daye is a fucking joke and Jerebko is coming off of knee surgery and is better suited to play the 4. Prince came cheap and is still an above average player.
Prince is only above average and is beyond 30 and is on his way on a downside, just like RIP.. Should have let him walk and fielded a young team so you can tank and get a high draft pick.. It's the only legit way to rebuild..Sorry but dumbfuck move..

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]Explain to me how this is dumb... Austin Daye is a fucking joke and Jerebko is coming off of knee surgery and is better suited to play the 4. Prince came cheap and is still an above average player.

You must like mediocrity.

Prince didn't come cheap. 7 mil a year for a 31 year old SF past his prime. Ya, fucking great.

This was going to be the perfect year to let the young core develop(Knight, Jerebko, Monroe) and tank and get a pick in the top 5 and grab a guy like Davis or Drummond.

Terrible, terrible signing.

tigers99888 said:
[color=#551A8B said:
Prince is only above average and is beyond 30 and is on his way on a downside, just like RIP.. Should have let him walk and fielded a young team so you can tank and get a high draft pick.. It's the only legit way to rebuild..Sorry but dumbfuck move..

The only reason Rip went downhill so fast was because of Billups' departure. Rip thrives off of a point guard play... Stuckey is not a point guard. Prince is the only one on this roster that can play defense. Plus he's long and can get his own shot backing smaller sf's down with his gangly body.

[color=#551A8B said:
BestIsBest[/color]]
[quote="Danny Diggler":ha47kucy]Explain to me how this is dumb... Austin Daye is a fucking joke and Jerebko is coming off of knee surgery and is better suited to play the 4. Prince came cheap and is still an above average player.

Prince didn't come cheap. 7 mil a year for a 31 year old SF past his prime. Ya, fucking great.

This was going to be the perfect year to let the young core develop(Knight, Jerebko, Monroe) and tank and get a pick in the top 5 and grab a guy like Davis or Drummond.

Terrible, terrible signing. [/quote:ha47kucy]

And have Daye playing 40 minutes at the 3 with no backup? Brilliant! Daye is so good to begin with.

Prince hasn't played elite defense in years. He's also NEVER been a scoring threat because he is so passive. Look, I'll admit that he's better than Daye or Jerebko, but that doesn't get us anywhere. Signing Tay is a bold attempt at maintaining lower-middle class status in the NBA. We'll be just good enough to miss the top players in the draft, but just bad enough to lose fans and not be relevant.

Signings are all about timing, Mitch. At this time, Prince does not help us be a better team long term, and the short term is already shot. This team NEEDS to bottom out. And while Prince isn't great, it's just more dead money 2-4 years from now - right when hopefully we are fitting pieces around a new core.

We have two choices at this point (since no one has emerged as a star yet). 1) We bottom out - sell off veterans, keep salary low, get high draft picks and develop them without overpaid veterans eating their minutes. 2) We continue barely treading water - keep signing decent but not very good veterans, lock in long term contracts on backup, and be the new Charlotte Bobcats.

In today's NBA, those are the ONLY two choices for teams not located in NY, LA, or Boston.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
[quote="BestIsBest":nw734f2y]

Terrible, terrible signing.

And have Daye playing 40 minutes at the 3 with no backup? Brilliant! Daye is so good to begin with.[/quote:nw734f2y]

Do you not understand how to tank? And its called you go sign another SF for a year. Hell, I would of much rather of signed Shannon Brown for a year at 3 mil.

2004 is in the past bud.

Back