Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Prince resigned for 4 years 27 million

DR said:
[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]For all we know Knight could be that guy

1/3 of the players on last year's All-NBA teams were picked later than him.

interesting info..I'll give you a +1.

Here's the data...

D. Rose - 1
L. James - 1
K. Bryant - 13
K. Durant - 2
D. Howard - 1

D. Wade - 5
R. Westbrooke - 4
P. Gasol - 3
D. Nowitzki - 9
A. Stoudemire - 9

M. Ginobili - 28
C. Paul - 4
L. Aldridge - 2
Z. Randolph - 19
A. Horford - 3

DR said:
Here's the data...

D. Rose - 1
L. James - 1
K. Bryant - 13
K. Durant - 2
D. Howard - 1

D. Wade - 5
R. Westbrooke - 4
P. Gasol - 3
D. Nowitzki - 9
A. Stoudemire - 9

M. Ginobili - 28
C. Paul - 4
L. Aldridge - 2
Z. Randolph - 19
A. Horford - 3

Side note, the Bulls took LaMarcus Aldridge with the second pick and traded him and a 2007 second-rounder to the Blazers for Thomas (#4) and Viktor Khryapa.

EDIT: doesn't matter I guess since Knight was like #8

Beez said:
Side note, the Bulls took LaMarcus Aldridge with the second pick and traded him and a 2007 second-rounder to the Blazers for Thomas (#4) and Viktor Khryapa.

Ha! I noticed that the Bulls picked him and was going to ask you how you felt about that!

Chicago would have been a lot better if they would have had a center all those rebulding/baby bulls years. I try to look at it like we may have been too good to get D.Rose though. Thats my security blankey I guess.

Thats the Bulls for you though. ALWAYS want the athletic long guys to add length in the back court. Strangely enough Chicago thought Ty Ty could some day be a 2/3 combo instead of his now 4/5 combo.

Beez said:
everyoneneedsasmil said:
The draft, just like the rest of basketball operations, still comes down to making smart decisions. OKC has one of the best talent evaluators/cap magicians in the league. OKC is a perennial contender now because Presti made the most of his high draft picks. The Clippers/Wolves did the same thing but are still mostly failures because they couldn't consistently pick good players. Clippers have Blake and Gordon, Wolves have Love. That's still better than we have, but obviously both teams should have gotten better players in other drafts.

Also, OKC is not the only example. How about Cleveland, Miami, Orlando, Chicago, and New Orleans? One player completely changed the entire fortunes of those franchises. Cleveland went to nobodies to contenders. Orlando went from overspending idiots to contenders. Miami won a championship. Chicago went from limited young upstarts to having the best record in the league. New Orleans nearly won the West. Even to a lesser extent there is Toronto (made playoffs twice with Bosh), Denver (consistent 50 win seasons with Melo), and Portland (washed away Jail-Blazers era with Aldridge and Roy until injuries hit).

And that's not even counting the Spurs, who landed Duncan and became a multiple championship team.

Dumars has not made a good basketball decision outside the draft in nearly half a decade. It's time he stopped trying to bridge a gap when the bridge is destroying anything on the other side.

I agree with some of this but largely aof these teams spent on free agents or trades.

Cleveland went out n got people,Orlando went out n got people, Miami went out n got Shaq, New Orleans was never a "contender but had a nice team, Denver played better after they dealt Melo. I realize it all started with one player but to build a contendar 90% time you need trades or free agency.
All those teams you mentioned drafted and hit in the lottery do develop a foundation.. People won't come unless you already have a good base, which the pistons lack..

All I'm saying is the only way the Pistons will get a good foundation and a superstar is if they hit in the lottery.. No one wants to come here, period...

tigers99888 said:
Beez said:
I agree with some of this but largely aof these teams spent on free agents or trades.

Cleveland went out n got people,Orlando went out n got people, Miami went out n got Shaq, New Orleans was never a "contender but had a nice team, Denver played better after they dealt Melo. I realize it all started with one player but to build a contendar 90% time you need trades or free agency.
All those teams you mentioned drafted and hit in the lottery do develop a foundation.. People won't come unless you already have a good base, which the pistons lack..

Well the Lakers had Kobe, The Nets had D-will (via trade), the Heat had Wade, so whats the big difference? If Wade comes to Cleveland to play with Lebron does this whole outlook change? The Knicks are really the only exception and honestly I think if the Suns were younger and didn't fail every year, he would have stayed.

Beez said:
tigers99888 said:

Well the Lakers had Kobe, The Nets had D-will (via trade), the Heat had Wade, so whats the big difference? If Wade comes to Cleveland to play with Lebron does this whole outlook change? The Knicks are really the only exception and honestly I think if the Suns were younger and didn't fail every year, he would have stayed.
I'm not sure why D-Will left other than Sloan.. He had some young talent and the future looked promising for Utah.. Although Howard is forcing a trade to NJ..

tigers99888 said:
All I'm saying is the only way the Pistons will get a good foundation and a superstar is if they hit in the lottery...

They don't have to go 10-72 to do it.

DR said:
tigers99888 said:
All I'm saying is the only way the Pistons will get a good foundation and a superstar is if they hit in the lottery...

For this draft they do.. It's a very good one, but like most drafts after the top 10, you are taking big risks.. I don't mind having a similar record this year to last year as I would be happy with Perry Jones, Harrison Barnes, Andre Drummond or Anthony Davis..

tigers99888 said:
DR said:
For this draft they do.. It's a very good one, but like most drafts after the top 10, you are taking big risks.. I don't mind having a similar record this year to last year as I would be happy with Perry Jones, Harrison Barnes, Andre Drummond or Anthony Davis..

That's what I'm getting at. And if they do end up with a difference maker to go along with Knight/Monroe/Stuckey(I know) that's a nice base, and Prince would be a good glue guy and/or trade bait. I'm not thrilled by this signing, but I don't think it's the complete travesty some are making it out to be.

Back