Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

msu v. michigan

johnny2x2x said:
Well after seeing both teams play, neither was all that impressive. Youngstown showed State's weaknesses. Michigan was outplayed in the 1st half and still have a porous defense. State needs to improve or they could be in for a very disappointing season. If Michigan plays like that against the rest of their schedule, they'll be lucky to win 4 games.

Disagree. While UM didnt play great, they didnrt play bad. 4 games is an extremely harsh evaluation of their play yesterday imo.

Michigan is gearing up for their September Championship and then will quickly come back to earth once Big Ten play starts.

On the plus side, I am really excited to watch the Notre Dame-Michigan game. Not excited to hear the losing fan base whine and make excuses after, though.

ihatebadenglish said:
Michigan is gearing up for their September Championship and then will quickly come back to earth once Big Ten play starts.

On the plus side, I am really excited to watch the Notre Dame-Michigan game. Not excited to hear the losing fan base whine and make excuses after, though.

One year of being relevant and look what happens...

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
ihatebadenglish said:

One year of being relevant and look what happens...

Three years of being irrelevant and you'd think Michigan fans would learn.

Better 3 years than 30... Luckily we have that thing called history on our side. Rich Rod was the best thing that ever could have happened to that farming school. Enjoy it while it lasts..

Beez said:
johnny2x2x said:
Well after seeing both teams play, neither was all that impressive. Youngstown showed State's weaknesses. Michigan was outplayed in the 1st half and still have a porous defense. State needs to improve or they could be in for a very disappointing season. If Michigan plays like that against the rest of their schedule, they'll be lucky to win 4 games.

Disagree. While UM didnt play great, they didnrt play bad. 4 games is an extremely harsh evaluation of their play yesterday imo.

Yep, 4 games is more than harsh. UM will still get between 7-8 wins and maybe more.

I can't say who is going to win on Saturday, but I think that the idea that State is going to rage over Michigan has been completely disabused.

cousins is a wreck if you get within two feet of him. Stock down this year.

Guess those 5 Michigan wins are out of the way.

Michigan hasn't played a tough road game. Spartan Stadium is going to be crazy.

State by a TD.

MSUspartan said:
Michigan hasn't played a tough road game. Spartan Stadium is going to be crazy.

State by a TD.

Down by 10 at half in the first road test after 3 INT''s in the first half. While Northwestern is not MSU there is no reason to discount a 28-0 second half...

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]Better 3 years than 30... Luckily we have that thing called history on our side. Rich Rod was the best thing that ever could have happened to that farming school. Enjoy it while it lasts..

Hopefully that "History" keeps you warm at night. Dust off the VHS tapes and relive the glory years.

4 in a row and counting.

Great program win! It shows that Dantonio is building a winner here and t's a team that can excel each season.

johnny2x2x said:
Great program win! It shows that Dantonio is building a winner here and t's a team that can excel each season.
Who's the QB next year?

Maxwell is our QB next year. We are in good hands (maybe). Historically, State has had solid QBs...something we do right.

MSUSpartan said:
Maxwell is our QB next year. We are in good hands (maybe). Historically, State has had solid QBs...something we do right.

I believe Maxwell was an elite 8 QB or somethin like that. Hard to tell what he can bring to the table, we have only watched him in limited action. Remember, Cousins was a nobody, developed into what he is. We'll be fine.

Back