Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions sign Leonard Davis

hankpav53

pro bowler two years ago... let's see if he's better than that shit head peterman

I was just going to post this...I dont know the details of this deal but I like this signing. The lions needed some Oline depth badly and now have it.

I wouldnt be surprised to see him take petermans job in a few weeks..that guy has been downright terrible.

Scout.com's Aaron Wilson reports that the Lions will sign free agent OL Leonard Davis this week.The 33-year-old Davis has starting experience at both tackle positions and guard, although his best position is the latter at this stage of his career. Davis has not played in the NFL this season after Dallas cut him on July 26. Nov 6 - 10:04 PM

Starting rt would be great, starting rg would be greater. Either way it should turn out to be a good no risk high reward signing.

adam86107 said:
I'm just glad to see them finally acknowledge the o-line

Backus will still start. Raiola will still start. So they aren't acknowledging it that much.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
adam86107 said:
I'm just glad to see them finally acknowledge the o-line

Backus will still start. Raiola will still start. So they aren't acknowledging it that much.

True, but signing anybody is better than nobody.

adam86107 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]

really...lol

a trashcan is a trashcan..no matter the wrapping paper it comes in.

SLICK said:
adam86107 said:

really...lol

a trashcan is a trashcan..no matter the wrapping paper it comes in.

Yeah, but one man's trash could be another man's treasure haha

tsmith7559 said:
I hope he is under 400lbs....dudes been on the couch for 10 weeks

Mckinnie was 400 lbs and starting lt for baltimore a couple weeks later. Im sure hes been motivated to get a paycheck this year. A 400 lb rg with multiple injuries would still be better than peterman.

Awesome run blocker but suspect in pass blocking. He's really big an has a hard time with quick rushers. Seems better suited at guard for sure. If he's in shape and put at guard I see it as a nice pick up.

has been out there for 10 weeks while several teams with power blocking schemes lost Guards and Tackles to injuries.

if he was nothing but roadkill he'd already have been snapped up.

SLICK said:
has been out there for 10 weeks while several teams with power blocking schemes lost Guards and Tackles to injuries.

if he was nothing but roadkill he'd already have been snapped up.

If he's just roadkill he's still a marginal upgrade over Peterman

Back