Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions Only Team In NFL To Lose Money In 2010

When you start out 2-10 you can't really expect merch and tickets to sell. Especially after the previous years. I would expect a huge profit this year. Ticket sales have been great this season haven't they? I'm willing to bet Merch sales have gone through the roof. They get a huge share of revenue from nationally televised games too right?

tomdalton22 said:
Didn't they front load a bunch of contracts because of the uncapped year?

not any more then other NFL teams.

tsmith7559 said:
they had 7-8,000 empty premium seats for the last 3 years

I have no idea but don't other teams have empty premium seats? And what about those Florida teams, they seem to have empty seats all over.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
tsmith7559 said:
they had 7-8,000 empty premium seats for the last 3 years

I have no idea but don't other teams have empty premium seats? And what about those Florida teams, they seem to have empty seats all over.

newer stadium and its cost(both actual & paper) doesn't help

Ive been to numerous stadiums, never have I saw that many premiums seats empty, not even close. The Fla stadiums have empty regular seats, that's why they black out, the premium seats dont have to be sold to have the blackout lifted

7,000 x $125 x 10= $8.75 Mill + loss of concessions

Back