Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit lions claim dwight freeney

dtroitlionsfan951

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21518453/detroit-lions-claim-dwight-freeney-waivers

The Detroit Lions have claimed former All-Pro defensive end Dwight Freeney off waivers to help with their struggling pass rush, the team announced.

The 37-year-old Freeney became available after the Seattle Seahawks waived him Tuesday following a four-game stint with the club where he had three tackles and three sacks.

The Lions will be the sixth team of Freeney's career -- and this will be the first time he has been on two teams in one season.

The claim also reunites Freeney with Jim Caldwell, who coached him in Indianapolis from 2009 to 2011. Freeney was a Pro Bowler in every season he played under Caldwell and a first-team All-Pro in 2009.

Hmmm, 39 year old. Can't be worse than the pass rush we already exhibit I guess!

Last edited:
Man, if this was 10 years ago, I would be sporting wood over this news.

As is... our pass rush is so bad, it's a half chub.

Honestly, the guy still balls even at 39. Three games with the Seachickens, 3 sacks. I am really not sure why they cut him, but I've been hoping to see him in a Lions uni for a while now, so I'll take it.

Really, it can't be any worse than what we've been running out there, and it could be pretty good.

Man, if this was 10 years ago, I would be sporting wood over this news.

As is... our pass rush is so bad, it's a half chub.

Honestly, the guy still balls even at 39. Three games with the Seachickens, 3 sacks. I am really not sure why they cut him, but I've been hoping to see him in a Lions uni for a while now, so I'll take it.

Really, it can't be any worse than what we've been running out there, and it could be pretty good.

I don't think he's eligible to play tomorrow

37 years old, not 39, for what its worth

Last edited:
Shit, at this point I would take Lawrence Taylor. He's older than dirt, but he can probably still crack our starting lineup.

If nothing else, it shows that the coaching/front office is taking our abysmal pass rush seriously and not approaching it with an 'Aww shucks, they're really close' attitude.

Back