Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Austin to Cincinatti

Atkins, Dunlap, Lawson, Michael Johnson. Burfict. Good safeties. Young corners. Good job for him

3rd, 23rd,13th and 21st in ppg defense

Turnovers on offense hurt this year ranking though

Patricia i hope calls the plays

I highly suspect Austin took this job knowing that Lewis is a bad start from getting canned and Austin would take over.

I highly suspect Austin took this job knowing that Lewis is a bad start from getting canned and Austin would take over.

He also interviewed for the lions hc job so the fact he took a dc job either means 1) he knows weve already hired a coach and for some reason the lions haven't announced it 2) he knows the lions are a joke and he'd rather jump ship now.

He also interviewed for the lions hc job so the fact he took a dc job either means 1) he knows weve already hired a coach and for some reason the lions haven't announced it 2) he knows the lions are a joke and he'd rather jump ship now.

I'd say it's more likely #1. He knows he's not getting the Lions job and would likely get canned by the new HC.....especially if it's a defensive guy.

He took a good job that will likely have a vacancy within the next two years.

Smart move. He has a good year in 2018 and he'll almost certainly get a HC job in 2019.

Cincinnati is a joke too. So, it's not like he's going anywhere special...

Cincinnati is a joke too. So, it's not like he's going anywhere special...

If they just got rid that shit QB they have, they might actually get back to the playoffs... They'll never win anything with that piece of garbage.

If they just got rid that shit QB they have, they might actually get back to the playoffs... They'll never win anything with that piece of garbage.

Dalton:
Comp % 62.3
Yards 25,534
TDs 167
INTs 93
QB Rating 88.7

Stafford:
Comp % 62.0
Yards 34,749
TDs 216
INTs 118
QB Rating 88.3

Careers are very similar statistically. However Stafford appears to be heading in a positive direction, while Dalton seems to be going the opposite way.

Dalton:
Comp % 62.3
Yards 25,534
TDs 167
INTs 93
QB Rating 88.7

Stafford:
Comp % 62.0
Yards 34,749
TDs 216
INTs 118
QB Rating 88.3

Careers are very similar statistically. However Stafford appears to be heading in a positive direction, while Dalton seems to be going the opposite way.

Numbers for Dalton are always good even this year for him and how good was that team? IDK I just never been a red rifle fan at all and feel he costs that team many games with dumb turnovers and mental mistakes and never wins the big game.

Remember when he was a hot head coaching candidate and a defensive wizard because he came in and Lions posted a top 3 defense.
Then Suh left, Levy's pussy grew, and Lawson became our #2 CB. We went downhill quick

Players matter, they make coaches look good.

Would you guys want Austin back? Whoever our DC is now just isn't working, Austin at least had some success getting garbage players to play ok every once in awhile

Would you guys want Austin back? Whoever our DC is now just isn't working, Austin at least had some success getting garbage players to play ok every once in awhile

As long as he replaces JBC. Anyone can do better.

Back