Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tulloch's one year deal.

Mitchrapp

Northern Michigan Wildcats
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Take for what its worth, being from Killer:

Tom Kowalski explains that Tulloch took a one-year deal because he wanted one that was five years long and the Lions only wanted to offer him something like three years. As a compromise, Tulloch and the Lions settled on a one-year deal, allowing both sides to revisit the situation next offseason.

Though it might be something like this. I'm sure if he plays well he'll be here for awhile. He's young and a heck of a linebacker.

Pretty much what they did with foote. I hope we can afford him next year.

Yeah that's the thing. With an increase in in payroll 2012 we probably would had an easier chance this offseason to get him cheap. But we still got a heck of a deal.

Agreed, great deal. I hope that after all the fun they will this year as a unit playing behind our D-line, he will be ready to sign up for more. Plus, with all the tackles he makes and how hard he hits, I see him becoming a new fan favorite.

lol he was a fan favorite back in april! I think we were all convinced that he was signing with us no matter what.

True, fans were clamoring for him for some time, but after KVB came over so easily, it seemed Lions fans just assumed any Titan free agent would become ours. The fear when he did not sign for a few days was very noticeable among Posters.

I'm not buying the 3 year 5 year deal. He said Schwartz called him right when FA started and he told him he wanted to play for the lions. The reason was Schwartz fought for him to be drafted (guess they were going to take someone that went to GB), and he is indebted to him for that. Says he made the decision right away but his agent told him to wait. Drew must have leaked the 5 year @ 6 mil 10 mil bonus to get other teams involved then said it wasn't him (like Mayhew would let that info out). Guess that backfired. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a new agent.

http://www.detroitlions.com/media-center....9-f6 3c205f1020

Back