Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit Lions schedule

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
cmlfactor said:
1. 9/11 @TB W
2. 9/18 vs KC W
3. 9/25 @ Min L
4. 10/2 @Dal L
5. 10/10 vs Chi W
6. 10/16 vs SF W
7. 10/23 vs Atl L
8. 10/30 @ Den W
9. BYE
10. 11/13 @Chi L
11. 11/20 vs Car W
12. 11/24 vs GB W
13. 12/4 @NO L
14. 12/11 vs. Min W
15. 12/18 @Oak W
16. 12/24 vs SD L
17. 1/1 @GB L

9-7

The sleepers are the Dallas and Chargers. Romo does stupid stuff and the Chargers are perrenially over-rated. Gosh if we can steal those two...11-5...If only Leshoure hadn't gotten hurt...

i find it funny that the last big time RB out of illinois (mendenhall) missed almost his entire rookie year as well and then came back and I don't think he's missed a game since. Hopefully it works out the same for leshoure.

A fractured shoulder is far, far, far different than a torn achilles tendon. You are on stupid juice if you think LeShoure will have much production in his career.

I'm considering changing the Chargers game to a win. ALL those AFC West teams are looking pretty shaky. Watching the Chargers, they really miss Sproles.

cmlfactor said:
I'm considering changing the Chargers game to a win. ALL those AFC West teams are looking pretty shaky. Watching the Chargers, they really miss Sproles.

Since they drafted Rivers, San Diego always gets off to a slow start (2006 is the exception) and they end up finishing strong

Started 2-5, finished 7-2

Started 2-3, finished 11-0

Started 3-5, finished 5-3 (including 4 in a row to end the season)

Started 1-3, finished 10-2

I've watched the chargers last 2 games and all i've noticed Rivers doing is checking down to his running backs constantly. Not very impressive if you ask me..

Did you see Vincent Jackson's huge game this past week? He had about 175 yards receiving and 2 touchdowns. And he's getting passed to by Rivers.

Yeah I saw. Lol I have vjax on a few of my fantasy teams, But I'm just saying over half of his completions are to his rb's.

baitnbat said:
Yeah I saw. Lol I have vjax on a few of my fantasy teams, But I'm just saying over half of his completions are to his rb's.

Not all passes to RB are considered check downs.

Miles Austin may be out for Dallas next week and with Romo banged up I think we can take the Cowboy's

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Miles Austin may be out for Dallas next week and with Romo banged up I think we can take the Cowboy's

Sounds like Dez Bryant isn't doing well either.....No Austin, Bryant or Romo would be sweet, albeit wishful thinking

lgolfer said:
Did you see Vincent Jackson's huge game this past week? He had about 175 yards receiving and 2 touchdowns. And he's getting passed to by Rivers.

NE double teamed and bracketed Gates the entire game and left cbs on islands with floyd and Vjax. It inflated the numbers for VJ and Floyd but it took them out of their game plan and NE smoked em pretty handedly. All depends on how Schwartz/Gunther wants to play it. If Houston/Wright keep playing this good we may try to do the same thing.

ps...is 7-1 before the BYE week to much to ask for??? I think its possible lol....someone spiked my Kool-Aid!

lgolfer said:
Does anyone else think we have a legitimate chance at being 5-1 or 6-0 after 6 games?

Tampa-win:pressure on Freeman constantly and offense will put up points

KC-W or L: could go either way depending if we can stop the run

Min.-W: McNabb on his back all day

Dallas-W: Romo gets destroyed because of his new offensive line

Chi.-W: If we get pressure on Cutler, he'll screw it up

SF-W: They have no QB, if we put up 20 we'll be fine

This is looking better and better

Atlanta also doesn't look very good either.. and we play them at home. so who knows

The Lions will have a legitimate chance of winning each of their next 6 games. I think they will win 4 of them, not really sure which ones. The last 6 games are brutal. If they finish 10-6 that will be huge for this team. As young as they are they should be good for a while. If we just had a legitimate running game this team would be very hard to stop.

I believe that Detroit can hang with any team in the league as long as they play 4 quarters worth of football. Who wins some of those games is a toss up when we face the elite teams like GB and NO. I think Detroit can keep up with them though as long as we do not have any injury problems (knock on wood) and play 4 quarters and not just a half like I said. It is a very tough schedule though but we are fortunate to play a lot of home games towards the end of the season. Ford Field will be rocking as long as we are in playoff contention which should make life difficult for opposing teams coming to our turf!

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]No. Regardless who they play, 3 of those are on the road. I don't expect a team who finally won a road game last year to suddenly win the first 3 this season.

Awesome. I did not expect this either. I cannot believe the Lions are this good. It has never happened before, since the NFL-AFL merger, anyway.

tsbilly said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]No. Regardless who they play, 3 of those are on the road. I don't expect a team who finally won a road game last year to suddenly win the first 3 this season.

Awesome. I did not expect this either. I cannot believe the Lions are this good. It has never happened before, since the NFL-AFL merger, anyway.

4-0 happend in 1980, don't think the lions have ever gone 5-0 though so we'll see.

adam86107 said:
tsbilly said:

4-0 happend in 1980, don't think the lions have ever gone 5-0 though so we'll see.

ya, I think it was in 1956, winning the first 5

Back