Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit Lions schedule

Schedule looks really tough from here on out. The only games that I see that I would really be surprised if they lose are Denver and Carolina. The rest of the games are very tough. Last night was a really good win. Next week will be interesting. SF looks much better than expected but I am not sure how much they have been tested. Playing at Detroit in a 1pm game is an advantage for the Lions. West coast teams usually have difficulty in the early game and Detroit has suddenly become a very difficult place to play. Going to Atlanta will easily be our toughest game yet. I think we learn a lot about this team in the next 2 weeks. I am so excited about this team I can't stand it but think they may still be a little overrated. The good and bad thing about this team is they are so young. They may just be too inexperienced to realize that can't keep up this pace. Maybe they don't realize that it takes years to build a really good team. Either way, they will be a force for years to come.

jdbaker1 said:
Schedule looks really tough from here on out. The only games that I see that I would really be surprised if they lose are Denver and Carolina. The rest of the games are very tough. Last night was a really good win. Next week will be interesting. SF looks much better than expected but I am not sure how much they have been tested. Playing at Detroit in a 1pm game is an advantage for the Lions. West coast teams usually have difficulty in the early game and Detroit has suddenly become a very difficult place to play. Going to Atlanta will easily be our toughest game yet. I think we learn a lot about this team in the next 2 weeks. I am so excited about this team I can't stand it but think they may still be a little overrated. The good and bad thing about this team is they are so young. They may just be too inexperienced to realize that can't keep up this pace. Maybe they don't realize that it takes years to build a really good team. Either way, they will be a force for years to come.

Atlanta is home

jdbaker1 said:

49ers are 2 -0 this year on the road at 1pm.....throw that out the window

Hard as it might be most of the games are winnable. We can beat SF. We can beat Oakland. We have Minny at home, winnable. Chicago at their place winnable. And I could go on. The one I see as an almost impossible win is the GB game at their place.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Hard as it might be most of the games are winnable. We can beat SF. We can beat Oakland. We have Minny at home, winnable. Chicago at their place winnable. And I could go on. The one I see as an almost impossible win is the GB game at their place.

last game of the season...might not mean anything
going to NO wont be a picnic

I get that but we don't win at GB so it will be tough. Who knows, maybe Detroit has a WC locked up with no chance to catch GB they might rest Stafford, CJ and the other starters.

With the Sunday night football schedule and able to switch games I'm thinking the NO vs Detroit could be moved to Sunday night.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I get that but we don't win at GB so it will be tough. Who knows, maybe Detroit has a WC locked up with no chance to catch GB they might rest Stafford, CJ and the other starters.

Sounds like a tall order there...Typically those wildcard slots go down to the wire and do not get "locked up" early.

IF they have 11-12 wins, a mighty task who knows. I hope they win a lot of games.

We need 5-6 wins I think to make the playoffs. Will it be easy no. But for the first time in 20 years we have a team that can beat anyone. We still havnt played a 60 min game and we are 5-0 I will take that.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]Detroit Lions Schedule 2011

1. 9/11 @TB - W 27-20
2. 9/18 vs KC - W 48-3
3. 9/25 @ Min - W 26-23
4. 10/2 @Dal - W 34-30
5. 10/10 vs Chi (Monday Night) W 24-13
6. 10/16 vs SF
7. 10/23 vs Atl
8. 10/30 @ Den (4pm Start)
9. BYE
10. 11/13 @Chi
11. 11/20 vs Car
12. 11/24 vs GB (Thanksgiving)
13. 12/4 @NO
14. 12/11 vs. Min
15. 12/18 @Oak (4pm start)
16. 12/24 vs SD (4pm start)
17. 1/1 @GB

boy, i just keep forgetting just how hard that schedule actually is.....

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]Detroit Lions Schedule 2011

1. 9/11 @TB - W 27-20
2. 9/18 vs KC - W 48-3
3. 9/25 @ Min - W 26-23
4. 10/2 @Dal - W 34-30
5. 10/10 vs Chi (Monday Night) W 24-13
6. 10/16 vs SF L 25-19
7. 10/23 vs Atl L 23-16
8. 10/30 @ Den (4pm Start) W 45-10
9. BYE
10. 11/13 @Chi
11. 11/20 vs Car
12. 11/24 vs GB (Thanksgiving)
13. 12/4 @NO
14. 12/11 vs. Min
15. 12/18 @Oak (4pm start)
16. 12/24 vs SD (4pm start)
17. 1/1 @GB

@Chicago is 4pm now also

Looking at it though, really the only ones that look overly difficult are the Green Bay games, and then @ New Orleans.

Carolina should be a win, Chicago, Minnesota, and San Diego (unless Rivers is a LOT better than his first half)

Oakland will be tough because McFadden is on a mission this year

Plus I think the Thanksgiving game will mean more to us than it will Green Bay so I see us stealing that one, and getting bombed on New Years Day by them to wrap up what's left of hte division title.

I'd give us 5-3 to close it out looking at it now...

Chicago- probable win

Carolina- should win

Green Bay- probable loss

New Orleans- 50/50 chance if we get pressure on Brees

Minnesota- should win

Oakland- who knows??? But if I had to guess...win

San Diego- San Diego will be playing better, tough game, but we should be able to pull it out

Green Bay-probable win because Green Bay probably won't have anything to play for, if they do, very tough game.

I'll say 5-3, but it all depends on Stafford and our O-line.

Chicago- Loss

Carolina- Win

Green Bay- Loss

New Orleans- Loss

Minnesota- Win

Oakland- Win

San Diego- Win

Green Bay- Loss

4 - 4 to end up 10 - 6

I think we go 5-3. The only difference I have it that I believe we beat Chicago. I think we have a solid chance to win every game though.

Already 4-0 on the road, doesn't seem unreasonable to go .500 away the rest of the year

Back