Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Remaining Schedule

I saw 4-4 go on an 8 game losing streak. I'll hold my reservations a bit..

The current W-L of our remaining opponents is 15-31.

But yeah...it's a shame that whoever escapes the NFC is probably going to be facing Denver in the SB.

Still very confident in 5 of the 6 home games remaining. Bucs, Cincy, Baltimore, Giants, Dallas.

All away games are still iffy no matter how bad the Steelers, Browns and Eagles suck plus on the road for 3 away division games are very tough.

If they steal a game at GB or at Chicago we should be ecstatic.

Last edited:
Still very confident in 5 of the 6 home games remaining. Bucs, Cincy, Baltimore, Giants, Dallas.

All away games are still iffy no matter how bad the Steelers, Browns and Eagles suck plus on the road for 3 away division games are very tough.

If they steal a game at GB or at Chicago we should be ecstatic.

I think Balt, Cincy and Dallas are better than their records. Bucs and the Giants are a mess.

i wouldnt doubt it if teams like GB, Atlanta, Washington and the Giants turn it around a bit.

Damn look at the records of teams we play yet?
Tampa bay 0-6, Minnesota 1-5 , NYG 1-6, Philadelphia 3-4, Pittsburgh 2-4, Baltimore 3-4 yet...Packers 4-3, Bears 4-3, Dallas 4-3

As long as NYG score holds... But we should be 7-2 or 6-3 at worse with these teams but have a feeling it will be 4-5 or 5-4... But if ever a schedule is setting up for Jim to get his team in the playoffs this has to be the year.. These teams are terrible we are playing...(right now).
Shame we are not 5-2...Playoffs may have been a lock at 5-2..Oh wait we are the Lions.

Last edited:
This team shouldn't sniff 7 wins the way they are playing. ....but they just might since their opponents records suck so bad.

This team shouldn't sniff 7 wins the way they are playing. ....but they just might since their opponents records suck so bad.

I agree but it feels like that just about ever team in the NFL outside about 5 teams are really just flat awful.. Jim an his staff should be fired if they fail to make the playoffs this year..

Last edited:

The Lions took a legit and i mean LEGIT (Bengals) team to the wire on Sunday. They're getting close snd im calling playoffs.

And you can never give the Lions any credit, can you? The Lions only win because the teams they beat suck. lol

The Lions took a legit and i mean LEGIT (Bengals) team to the wire on Sunday. They're getting close snd im calling playoffs.

And you can never give the Lions any credit, can you? The Lions only win because the teams they beat suck. lol

IF they put it all together is a huuuuuuuge IF considering I still don't think they've played a complete game. if the first half sucks they kill it in the 2nd half. if the offense plays well the defense sucks ass. If the defense plays good we shank a punt to lose. IFFFFFF we could play some complete games where all 3 phases plays well we COULD win every game 40 -17.....but we don't ever do that.

And ya...the records of the remaining opponents is awful. Im nt trying to put down the lions when I say that...it simply is what it is.....they haven't been good. The only "impressive" win I still can forsee on the schedule is if we beat GB or maybe BAL. Unless some of these underperforming teams start to turn it around, youre not going to see me get all excited about a win vs a bad NYG/PIT team.

IFFFFFF we could play some complete games where all 3 phases plays well we COULD win every game 40 -17......

See guys...hughes actually believes. He just has demands. I'm hoping he can hold William Clay Ford for this exact ransom. If so....CHAMPIONSHIP

The Lions are eventually going to have to beat a LEGIT team if not in the regular season then in the playoffs... unless you're good with another one and done blowout.

IF they put it all together is a huuuuuuuge IF considering I still don't think they've played a complete game. if the first half sucks they kill it in the 2nd half. if the offense plays well the defense sucks ass. If the defense plays good we shank a punt to lose. IFFFFFF we could play some complete games where all 3 phases plays well we COULD win every game 40 -17.....but we don't ever do that.

And ya...the records of the remaining opponents is awful. Im nt trying to put down the lions when I say that...it simply is what it is.....they haven't been good. The only "impressive" win I still can forsee on the schedule is if we beat GB or maybe BAL. Unless some of these underperforming teams start to turn it around, youre not going to see me get all excited about a win vs a bad NYG/PIT team.

Beating Chicago never impressed you? Even Washington.....who everyone had making the playoffs, even though their record was bad? Beating Minnesota in the home opener...playoff team and reigning MVP in the house? Give me a break, dude....you'll never be happy with this team. The fn KC Chiefs could come into town this week, we beat em and you'd still say you're not impressed. Your act is played out, kid...cmon man

Last edited:
The Lions are eventually going to have to beat a LEGIT team if not in the regular season then in the playoffs... unless you're good with another one and done blowout.

Why the fuck would i be good with a one and done? lol

And no shit the Lions have to beat a good team in the playoffs?! Think of that one all by yourself? Lions are in every game they play, they have let 2 get away from them, they are not a complete team but are close...the closest i have seen in awhile. Do you agree?

Beating Chicago never impressed you? Even Washington.....who everyone had making the playoffs, even though their record was bad? Beating Minnesota in the home opener...playoff team and reigning MVP in the house? Give me a break, dude....you'll never be happy with this team. The fn KC Chiefs could come into town this week, we beat em and you'd still say you're not impressed. Your act is played out, kid...cmon man

I said on the rest of the schedule. Chicago game was good. MIN and WAS...no, not very impressed.

Why the fuck would i be good with a one and done? lol

And no shit the Lions have to beat a good team in the playoffs?! Think of that one all by yourself? Lions are in every game they play, they have let 2 get away from them, they are not a complete team but are close...the closest i have seen in awhile. Do you agree?

I agree that they are an improved team with the new additions but still suffer from the same faults as last year...offense that can get stagnant, defense susceptible to the big play, can't win close games, can't win games in the 4th. We're behind NO, SF, SEA, GB, and probably on par with Dallas.

I agree that they are an improved team with the new additions but still suffer from the same faults as last year...offense that can get stagnant, defense susceptible to the big play, can't win close games, can't win games in the 4th. We're behind NO, SF, SEA, GB, and probably on par with Dallas.

That's fair...although car will probably overtake us too cause they have a defense thst will be better than ours in every game.

Back