Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Power Rankings

They'll move ahead of the Bears....and then 3 weeks later, they'll be behind them again for some reason.

Look pretty solid. I think 7, 8, and 9 are pretty interchangeable. I would probably drop Indy to #9 and move up SF and Det.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/week/11

Now a whole 2 spots ahead of the Bears. Here's a puzzler, Detroit is ranked ahead of Cincinnati now.

Bengals probably should still be ranked ahead of the Lions, despite having lost one more game. But the final score of their game vs the Lions in Week 7 was close, and had Akers made that FG kick instead of it being blocked, who knows if the Bengals would still have scored a TD in their ensuing possession, with around 2 minutes left in the first half and w/o having excellent field position starting on the Lions' 40?

As long as their beloved Patriots are somewhere amongst the top 5, ESPN's weekly crop of rankers are happy and satisfied, regardless of how the fans feel about where most of the rest of the teams wind up anyway.

Interesting stats on that list:

Reggie Bush, power runner. Bush had 10 rushes for 85 yards up the middle Sunday. In two games against the Bears, he's averaged 9.0 yards up the middle per rush.

Matt Forte's average rushing gain before being hit by a defender was seven-tenths of a yard past the line of scrimmage, more than 2 yards short of his season average.

On ESPN's Rank 'em page, I had the Lions @ #6, although I think that they could play very competitively if not defeat a couple of the teams that I ranked higher, being the Patriots and Chiefs if @ home. Not so sure about the Broncos and Seahawks home or away, but particularly the Saints. especially if on the road.

Lions have received 52 homer votes for being #1 so far, but how huge of a homer must you be to vote your team #1 when they are currently ranked # 30 like 8 Visqueens fans have, or worse #32 and last like the Jags with 7? (although I can get their likely sarcasm rank after their team finally won a game vs the Titans last Sunday) Apparently the amount of #1 rankings increases or decreases depending upon whether the team has won or lost their last game, like the 9ers and Colts, who both are highly ranked in the top 10 but lost their last games and received only 10 and 8 #1 votes respectively thus far.

Back