Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Anyone want to bet...

cheeno

we're behind Chicago in the ESPN power rankings next week?

Not really, but who cares about power rankings anyway? You win a game you move up...you lose a game you move down. They tell you next to nothing.

we're behind Chicago in the ESPN power rankings next week?

they beat the defending super bowl champs with a back up qb. We lost to a shitty Pittsburgh team and we have dumb coaches....

sounds about right lol.

Not really, but who cares about power rankings anyway? You win a game you move up...you lose a game you move down. They tell you next to nothing.

I do. I like when we win so I do t have to read about how we're such huge failures.

I do. I like when we win so I do t have to read about how we're such huge failures.

What does that have to do with the power rankings? It's just a stupid list that basically arranges all 32 NFL teams by order of record. Here's last weeks for example which proves my point: http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings What is so insightful about it?

And who's saying we are huge failures? We're on pace with where most rational fans and talking heads thought we'd be before the season started. About 9 or 10 wins with a shot at the playoffs.

What does that have to do with the power rankings? It's just a stupid list that basically arranges all 32 NFL teams by order of record. Here's last weeks for example which proves my point: http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings What is so insightful about it?

And who's saying we are huge failures? We're on pace with where most rational fans and talking heads thought we'd be before the season started. About 9 or 10 wins with a shot at the playoffs.

I'm saying we're colossal fuckups, excuse me, huge failures. I'm sure most of the talking heads will follow suit...ie Dave Birkett giving Schwartz an F for coaching. Anyways I digress. Point is we said we'd be behind Chicago in the power rankings in three weeks, that guess was a little optimistic.

Last edited:
Lions losing is much worse that any corresponding drop in the rankings, its the NFL, not the NCAAF, where national rankings actually matter.

Lions hold the tiebreaker over the Bears, so they "should" still be ranked higher.

Last edited:
they beat the defending super bowl champs with a back up qb. We lost to a shitty Pittsburgh team and we have dumb coaches....

sounds about right lol.

Baltimore minus Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, and Anquan Boldin. Baltimore is not the same team. Nice try though Hughes.

Lions losing is much worse that any corresponding drop in the rankings, its the NFL, not the NCAAF, where national rankings actually matter.

Lions hold the tiebreaker over the Bears, so they "should" still be ranked higher.

Exactly. I can understand not wanting to read all the negative articles about the game and such. I just don't give a crap about the stupid power rankings lol.

It's called overreaction Monday for a reason. After wins people proclaim we're going to the playoffs and maybe we can even get a home playoff game (Pat Caputo). After a loss, the sky is falling and we are the same old crappy franchise we always have been and always will be.

The truth is somewhere in between. Everything turns rosy again with a win against TB.

Back