Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Steelers loss

Most of you all just say generic things and blame the coaching staff.

I'm more informed about the game giving specific examples of plays. You just assume every incompletion is on Stafford.

The problem is you make excuses that are applicable to every other team (injuries, dropped passes, etc.) You do point out specific plays but you could go to the the Lion's wins, look at the games from the opponents point of view, and make similar excuses for those teams and create a loss for the Lions. Bad plays happen. There are blown calls by the officials. Players get injured. That is part of the game for the Lions and for their opponents.

Most of you all just say generic things and blame the coaching staff.

I'm more informed about the game giving specific examples of plays. You just assume every incompletion is on Stafford.

When did I or anyone say that. Just your assumptions..But no QB goes 41% and its all the receivers fault. He missed Bush and Olgetree. That's 2 easy TD he left on the field. Receivers didn't leave 14 points on the field..

Last edited:
The problem is you make excuses that are applicable to every other team (injuries, dropped passes, etc.) You do point out specific plays but you could go to the the Lion's wins, look at the games from the opponents point of view, and make similar excuses for those teams and create a loss for the Lions. Bad plays happen. There are blown calls by the officials. Players get injured. That is part of the game for the Lions and for their opponents.

Where did I ever say the Lions should have won or that the Steelers didn't have injuries or missed opportunities. I'm saying who is to blame because alot of you blame the wrong people. You see a 96 yard drive but when 4 first downs and a TD go against backups you want Schwartz/Gunther's head.

And going forward we'll see if the Lions make it happen like they did 6 times this year or have 4 games of missed opportunities. Even in wins the Lions have missed opportunities too. For instance the Vikings game they left 17 points on the board and the Dallas game they absoluetly shut down the Cowboys O until those 2 big plays. The Lions earned every single win and earned every loss. However, going forward we'll know where the blame lies and see if it gets corrected or still happens when the starters get back on the field (Burleson, Ansah, Bentley, Quin plus Bell in a finishng role.)

When did I or anyone say that. Just your assumptions..But no QB goes 41% and its all the receivers fault. He missed Bush and Olgetree. That's 2 easy TD he left on the field. Receivers didn't leave 14 points on the field..

But you ignore his great plays. They scored 27 points in a quarter. I'm sorry he didn't score 41 in the first half when he missed those throws. Calvin also dropped a tough one and maybe Ogletree got thrown off his route just enough to make it look like an overthrow.

Stafford made some big plays in the second half. The WRs and Oline for sure let him down with drops. Not every incompletion is on the WRs but Stafford did make enough plays in the second half.

Last edited:
But you ignore his great plays. They scored 27 points in a quarter. I'm sorry he didn't score 41 in the first half when he missed those throws. Calvin also dropped a tough one and maybe Ogletree got thrown off his route just enough to make it look like an overthrow.

Stafford made some big plays in the second half. The WRs and Oline for sure let him down with drops. Not every incompletion is on the WRs but Stafford did make enough plays in the second half.

I'm not ignoring it. But no one is saying "Okay, Matt - give us 15 minutes." He didn't play well.

He completed 3 passes in the 2nd half, blame the drops or whoever but a QB making his money should be better than 3 for 18 or whatever he was.

He had a bad game, everyone knows that. Everyone is to blame but no one will agree that Matt was good. Because he wasn't.

I'm not ignoring it. But no one is saying "Okay, Matt - give us 15 minutes." He didn't play well.

He completed 3 passes in the 2nd half, blame the drops or whoever but a QB making his money should be better than 3 for 18 or whatever he was.

He had a bad game, everyone knows that. Everyone is to blame but no one will agree that Matt was good. Because he wasn't.

They don't think he was good because they are misinformed on the play by play. I'm informing you what actually happened. Yes he did miss throws but there is more good than bad as usual with Stafford. 3 and 15 can turn to 9/15 and 10/15 pretty quickly if the WRs and oline do their job better. Stafford has been great all year in the 4th Quarter. Had the highest 4th Qtr QB rating all year.

Stafford made 8 good plays in the 4th Quarter. 2 runs and 6 passes were the proper throw and read. The one to Ogletree was an incredible throw. All 6 were incomplete due to his WRS for 5 and PI for one. The other 4 throws, 2 were bad on Stafford and 1 batted and 1 immense pressure.

Last edited:
They don't think he was good because they are misinformed on the play by play. I'm informing you what actually happened. Yes he did miss throws but there is more good than bad as usual with Stafford. 3 and 15 can turn to 9/15 and 10/15 pretty quickly if the WRs and oline do their job better. Stafford has been great all year in the 4th Quarter. Had the highest 4th Qtr QB rating all year.

So the only person in the world thought he played well is you?

That tells me all I need to know..

So the only person in the world thought he played well is you?

That tells me all I need to know..

Not just me. The more informed would. PFF gave him a good grade for the game. That's 2+. I wonder what Linehan's grade of Stafford was.

LOL that you and your idiot crew is the end all be all of opinions. You have very misinformed opinions for being Lions fans.

Last edited:
Not just me. The more informed would. PFF gave him a good grade for the game. That's 2+. I wonder what Linehan's grade of Stafford was.

LOL that you and your idiot crew is the end all be all of opinions. You have very misinformed opinions for being Lions fans.

I'm curious what Linehan's grade is too :cheers:

From another stupid site:

Quarterback: C-

Aside from a spectacular second quarter, Matthew Stafford did not do much. He managed just 35 passing yards in the second half to finish the game with 362 passing yards. He completed a paltry 41% of his passes, and generally looked off from start to finish, over and under throwing balls throughout the game.

This site, IMO, ain't much. But PFF isn't much either..

The Lions had more injuries.

They didn't have Woodley, Keisel, or Foster. Try telling me that isn't more significant than what Detroit had missing going into that game.

You can even throw in Quin's injury during the game and it doesn't compare.

They didn't have Woodley, Keisel, or Foster. Try telling me that isn't more significant than what Detroit had missing going into that game.

You can even throw in Quin's injury during the game and it doesn't compare.

Burleson and Broyles equal Keisel and Foster. Hell Hilliard equals Foster.

Quin and Woodley are the same. Ansah out is big and Bentley. Plus Bell late.

Lions had more injuries.

From another stupid site:

Quarterback: C-

Aside from a spectacular second quarter, Matthew Stafford did not do much. He managed just 35 passing yards in the second half to finish the game with 362 passing yards. He completed a paltry 41% of his passes, and generally looked off from start to finish, over and under throwing balls throughout the game.

This site, IMO, ain't much. But PFF isn't much either..

More generic stats. Stafford made plenty of good plays.

There is no way with the television feed you can come up with some of the statements made here.

Claiming a WR was bumped enough to throw off the timing of the throw? There is no way to tell if Stafford made the correct reads, without knowing the play and being able to see the whole field.

There is no way with the television feed you can come up with some of the statements made here.

Claiming a WR was bumped enough to throw off the timing of the throw? There is no way to tell if Stafford made the correct reads, without knowing the play and being able to see the whole field.

I have the coaches film bud.

More generic stats. Stafford made plenty of good plays.

Just none in the 4th quarter(0-10 passing). The final score showed a different story. Plenty of good plays puts the Lions at 7-3 not 6-4

Last edited:
Just none in the 4th quarter(0-10 passing). The final score showed a different story. Plenty of good plays puts the Lions at 7-3 not 6-4

Plenty in the 4th. I even listed them previously by Stafford. You throw out a stat without all the information. I give you the play by play.

Last edited:

even if thats the case....throw it somewhere else?

Back