Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Old Time Lions Fans

RedeemerKid

My very first Lions game was in the early to mid 70's. I remember it was against the Bears at Tiger Stadium.

All I remember is Munson got hurt and Landry came in. And honestly, it may have been the other way around with Landry getting hurt and Munson coming in.

Any of that sound familiar? About 40 years ago. I am trying to figure out which game it was. 1973 maybe? Perhaps as late as 1975?

I barely remember the name, Munson. My first game was also at Tigers stadium, '73. I was 8. In those two years, neither played every game so I can't think which one might have subbed for another..

Last edited:
Did some digging around on pro-football-reference.

Pretty sure this is the game you're talking about
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/197411240det.htm

Thanks Grandy!

Wow! Same Wyche got in a snap in that game as well.

Strange thing is years later I met Bill Munson's daughter. She was sort of a recruiter and I hired people through her. I told her I saw her dad play at my first ever Lions game. We chatted about her dad and what he was doing these days etc....

A few weeks later he passed away. Drowned in his own pool.

Back