Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michael Williams IRd so that Owens could make it through final cuts

If true, this was a stupid move by management, but to say that Williams could've replaced Pettigrew this year is ridiculous. Williams was essentially a blocking tight end in college, only catching 24 passes in 12 games his senior year.

Last edited:
Would've been nice to see what the kid could do though.. and would probably give the staff an idea on weather to pay Pettigrew this off season, or let him walk.

Montell Owens is a good special teamer.

And Mike Williams making the roster means no Fauria. Correct move was made

Montell Owens is a good special teamer.

And Mike Williams making the roster means no Fauria. Correct move was made

Not necessarily, because the second they put Owens on the IR they signed Dorin Dickerson to the active roster. So there are 3 active TEs on the roster today.

Last edited:
Not necessarily, because the second they put Owens on the IR they signed Dorin Dickerson to the active roster. So there are 3 active TEs on the roster today.

At the beginning of the year it was Fauria not Scheffler on the block though. So yes Fauria would have been cut and picked up by someone.

At the beginning of the year it was Fauria not Scheffler on the block though. So yes Fauria would have been cut and picked up by someone.

Forgot about Scheffler.

If true, this was a stupid move by management, but to say that Williams could've replaced Pettigrew this year is ridiculous. Williams was essentially a blocking tight end in college, only catching 24 passes in 12 games his senior year.

He was never replacing Pettigrew ....ever. He's a Pettigrew clone but a tad worse. Blocking machine who doesnt catch all that well. Ridiculous isnt the word im looking for, retarded is more like it...

Pettigrew was coming off of a horrid season. Thinking he could be replaced by a better blocker is retarded? Pettigrews targets went down for quite a while because of his drops and almost predictable fumbles. Glad to see him playing well this year, but after last year, I bet even Pettigrew thought his job was in jeopardy. I'll admit, I HATED Pettigrew last year.

Pettigrew was coming off of a horrid season. Thinking he could be replaced by a better blocker is retarded? Pettigrews targets went down for quite a while because of his drops and almost predictable fumbles. Glad to see him playing well this year, but after last year, I bet even Pettigrew thought his job was in jeopardy. I'll admit, I HATED Pettigrew last year.

Pettigrew would have had a 700 yard season last year if not for injury. He was hurt for the last 4 games. That is why is targets dropped. No way Mike Williams replaces him. Fauria can't replace him.

He was never replacing Pettigrew ....ever. He's a Pettigrew clone but a tad worse. Blocking machine who doesnt catch all that well. Ridiculous isnt the word im looking for, retarded is more like it...

Better blocker, unproven receiver. How often does Bama use receivers in the passing game, outside of blocking?

Better blocker, unproven receiver. How often does Bama use receivers in the passing game, outside of blocking?

Do you like to tip your hand to the defense when you run or pass? Having Mike Williams at TE tips your hand big time.

Pettigrew would have had a 700 yard season last year if not for injury. He was hurt for the last 4 games. That is why is targets dropped. No way Mike Williams replaces him. Fauria can't replace him.

lmao lol. again with the 700 yd crap and again with the injury excuse. I could be a 700 yard WR on the lions IF i made the team and IF i got the same amount of targets droptimus prime gets. Its easy....run 6 yards....turn around...catch the ball like 60% of the time....simple.

Why am i not surprised you dont know who he is?

So name everyone on the roster without looking. Bet you can't do it..So I'm suppose to know a nothing RB who actually doesn't play RB? Woo hoo ..

So name everyone on the roster without looking. Bet you can't do it..So I'm suppose to know a nothing RB who actually doesn't play RB? Woo hoo ..

I can easily do that among other teams. Leave the Lions discussions to the big boys Mitch. Montell Owens is a well known Lion. Former Jag by the way.

Back