Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michael Williams IRd so that Owens could make it through final cuts

I don't get it, is Owens out for the year already cause I thought he just came back from the IR? Or is this a re hash of the thread when this first happened?

I can easily do that among other teams. Leave the Lions discussions to the big boys Mitch. Montell Owens is a well known Lion. Former Jag by the way.

You're full of BS.

Name all 53 from, lets say the Colts. Easy team, right? No looking. Go..

So name everyone on the roster without looking. Bet you can't do it..So I'm suppose to know a nothing RB who actually doesn't play RB? Woo hoo ..

Ah ok. So people do know he was never making the roster and they ir'd him to save a practice squad spot right? Guess not since some think he would replace pett. A tackle eligible would be better than Williams at this point.

This was supposed to quote LKP telling me he was out, stupid phone.

Last edited:
I can easily do that among other teams. Leave the Lions discussions to the big boys Mitch. Montell Owens is a well known Lion. Former Jag by the way.

A well known Lion? :lmao:

Come on, dude. He's so well known that he's played what, one play?

Mayhew, score.

Ah ok. So people do know he was never making the roster and they ir'd him to save a practice squad spot right? Guess not since some think he would replace pett. A tackle eligible would be better than Williams at this point.

I guess you can name all 53 guys too? I might have to start looking at rosters more..

to mitch's point...who the hell cares who he is cause hes barely played a down for us this year.

Same goes for heller err I mean williams, 2 players that don't matter, we should get at least 3 pages of posts on this

I guess you can name all 53 guys too? I might have to start looking at rosters more..

All 53 probably not maybe 45-48. Sometimes during the game ill go who the fuck is that but its rare. We talked about this after cuts when it happened. I've never seen Owens play and the only reason I know who he is is because he was designated ir to return. Thought it was a mistake incase someone like burelson gets hurt but luckily it didn't hurt us.

All 53 probably not maybe 45-48. Sometimes during the game ill go who the fuck is that but its rare. We talked about this after cuts when it happened. I've never seen Owens play and the only reason I know who he is is because he was designated ir to return. Thought it was a mistake incase someone like burelson gets hurt but luckily it didn't hurt us.

So why should I know who he is then? If you were agreeing on Tony's and LKP's point?

Last edited:
So why should I know who he is then? If you were agreeing on Tony's and LKP's point?

I wasnt i meant to quote lkp saying he was hurt, but my phone quoted you for some reason. I edited to add that but it was after the fact.

Same goes for heller err I mean williams, 2 players that don't matter, we should get at least 3 pages of posts on this

the only reason is was relevant to this team is cause hes comming off injury, and still got in the game before leshoure lmao. nice pick mayhew!

Leshoure must be in some dog house. I was never a big fan, why did I buy his damn Jersey - but I regress. But Riddick higher on the depth chart. They add a TE to the active roster over a 4th RB?

Leshoure must be in some dog house. I was never a big fan, why did I buy his damn Jersey - but I regress. But Riddick higher on the depth chart. They add a TE to the active roster over a 4th RB?

In a passing situation. I wonder why Riddick came in? And special teams, I wonder why Riddick is activated more? Start thinking

In a passing situation. I wonder why Riddick came in? And special teams, I wonder why Riddick is activated more? Start thinking

He's had 3 lousy touches. Don't get too far ahead of yourself thinking we need Riddick. Far as I'm concern, its 6 of one, half dozen of the other.

you point out the obvious a lot...but fail to point out the even more obvious. bell was doing a great job in the power run game. He went down with injury....and they never turned to leshoure to continue the power run game. Even after schwartz himself said reggie wasnt an all weather back.....he still didnt go to leshoure for the power run game. That makes leshoure....worse than useless. Even when their was a perfect opportunity for him to impact the game with what hes supposed to be there to do....they didnt use him. im not tlaking 3rd downs...im not talking special teams.

He's had 3 lousy touches. Don't get too far ahead of yourself thinking we need Riddick. Far as I'm concern, its 6 of one, half dozen of the other.

Passing situation Riddick has the better skill set. And special teams is obvious why LeShoure doesn't get activated with Riddick good on special teams coverage. Owens was used as a FB against Chicago. Another different skillset than LeShoure. LeShoure is firmly Bells backup in running situations. Both have talent but Bell worked harder and won the job.

Remember last year losing 2 games from bad coverage? Riddick gets the activation for a reason.

You guys rag on Less and rightfully so, but my biggest problem with him is the way he carries the ball, guy is a fumbling machine in the making, in the rain, ya keep his ass on the bench.

Passing situation Riddick has the better skill set. And special teams is obvious why LeShoure doesn't get activated with Riddick good on special teams coverage. Owens was used as a FB against Chicago. Another different skillset than LeShoure. LeShoure is firmly Bells backup in running situations. Both have talent but Bell worked harder and won the job.

Remember last year losing 2 games from bad coverage? Riddick gets the activation for a reason.

So then we agree Leshoure sucks ass? Oh no, that's why we have too much talent for him to play. When Bush goes out or Bell, its Riddick and Owens who steps up.

Back