Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michael Williams IRd so that Owens could make it through final cuts

Pettigrew would have had a 700 yard season last year if not for injury. He was hurt for the last 4 games. That is why is targets dropped. No way Mike Williams replaces him. Fauria can't replace him.

700 yards means nothing when you drop as many balls as pettigrew did last year. The TE job was wide open going into camp and you know it.

Not sure if Fauria can replace him but I'd like to see him involved more. I've not totally down on Pettigrew. I thought it was a good draft pick when it was made, a new QB needing a TE, but he has soured on me a bit. But I still think he can be productive but I see so many damn good TE in the NFL and I wish we had one of many over Droptimus Prime.

He might be the best ST in the world. That's great but its a shock to you that not everyone knew who he was?

Just another dumb thing for you to argue about..you wins the internet.

lol this thread is awesome. Mitch how dare you not know who montell owens is lmao. Then tony comes is and says "hes well known!...he was a 4th string rb for the jags!" BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahahaaha. Who the fuck cares who shitymontell owens is! Hes yet another failed signing from the jags. Want to be a good team....stop fucking signing people from the worst team in football.

lol this thread is awesome. Mitch how dare you not know who montell owens is lmao. Then tony comes is and says "hes well known!...he was a 4th string rb for the jags!" BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahahaaha. Who the fuck cares who shitymontell owens is! Hes yet another failed signing from the jags. Want to be a good team....stop fucking signing people from the worst team in football.

Bro, just because Mitch and yourself don't know who Montell Owens is, doesn't mean he wasn't a damn good ST for the jags.... And that's why we signed him.... TO PLAY SPECIAL TEAMS something Michael Williams was NOT going to do..... Get off of Tony's jock please. You two are just mad that he schools you on anything football.... Go talk Tigers please.

Last edited:
Bro, just because Mitch and yourself don't know who Montell Owens is, doesn't mean he wasn't a damn good ST for the jags.... And that's why we signed him.... TO PLAY SPECIAL TEAMS something Michael Williams was NOT going to do..... Get off of Tony's jock please. You two are just mad that he schools you on anything football.... Go talk Tigers please.

Lmao.

"Anything you want to add to the discussion, Tony?"

"Well, fn lol - err fn lol."

"well said"

"fn lol"

/slurp B======D

Montell Owens is shit because you dont know who he is? WTF is your deal. He was never signed to back up Reggie. Why are you being a goof? What is mentally wrong with you that you feel this was a terrible pick? Because he played for the Jags?

I would have had Williams. He looked good in the preseason and with Pettigrew's situation it would have been nice to know what we had. I think Williams could have contributed on STs as well. I'm tired of these special teams demons coming here and shitting the bed, that was my point with Kaseem Osgood. I don't think that's how you fix your special teams (you fix it by not trading up to draft Tahir the deer Whitehead. Who FAs special teamers?

I would have had Williams. He looked good in the preseason and with Pettigrew's situation it would have been nice to know what we had. I think Williams could have contributed on STs as well. I'm tired of these special teams demons coming here and shitting the bed, that was my point with Kaseem Osgood. I don't think that's how you fix your special teams (you fix it by not trading up to draft Tahir the deer Whitehead. Who FAs special teamers?

Geez, I almost forgot about that guy. Does Whitehead play at all?

Back