Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hey guys

Cliff

I didn't know we couldn't post links in the forum, my mistake. Go lions!

Last edited:
I'm still holding out hope that he was lucky enough to miss this atrocity.

Bwahahaha...my buddy who's a Seahawk fan invited me over to watch the game today. He sat there agape as everything unfolded. He looked at me and asked why I wasn't upset and how could I sit there so calmly with a big smile. I said "Remember all those times I tried to explain to you what being a Lions fan was like? All times I had trouble putting into words what 'Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory' meant? This is it right here...these things only happen to Detroit." I think he wanted to hug me, but instead he just got me another beer and said "Oh, I get it now." He doesn't and won't, but I appreciate the attempt at empathy.

I did however have an eerie feeling driving home that this season was going to end well for us. My brain said no, but something deep inside says yes...Turkey Day's crucial.

I didn't miss it. What a mess that was,...my wife asked "Why don't they put in Shawn Hill?". Sums up the weekend.

I did however have an eerie feeling driving home that this season was going to end well for us. My brain said no, but something deep inside says yes...Turkey Day's crucial.

I don't know man,...I had a good feeling the last 2 weeks and look what happened. If I were to speculate,....they win on thanksgiving to get my hopes up, then choke down the stretch.They lose the north to the bears putting us in a position where we need lots of help to get a wild card.

Losing brings out the pessimistic asshole in me.:argh:

Bwahahaha...my buddy who's a Seahawk fan invited me over to watch the game today. He sat there agape as everything unfolded. He looked at me and asked why I wasn't upset and how could I sit there so calmly with a big smile. I said "Remember all those times I tried to explain to you what being a Lions fan was like? All times I had trouble putting into words what 'Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory' meant? This is it right here...these things only happen to Detroit." I think he wanted to hug me, but instead he just got me another beer and said "Oh, I get it now." He doesn't and won't, but I appreciate the attempt at empathy.

Watching tonight's game and I'm like...oh football is supposed to be fun and not soul crushing, neat.

Back